[suggestion] 2k - 4k resolution skins

Lucas78

Hey,

mine is not really a "request", more of a suggestion for future skins (FM19 and onwards): while I understand that a lot of people play FM on laptops, perhaps while traveling or whatever, I imagine there is also a large part of the playerbase that also play other traditional videogames, and probably purchased a 2k (1440p) or 4k monitor, which are becoming more and more common. I often notice that a lot of custom skins (unlike the official ones) get messed up when zoomed at 125%-150% (almost a necessity at the mentioned resolutions, especially if you're like me,  not 20 yrs old anymore :D) and that's a pity.

So, if any of you who create skins (and I can't thank you enough) have a 2k or 4k monitor, please take into consideration adapting your work for higher resolutions as well. It will be surely appreciated :)

Edited by Lucas78

• 7 months later...

To skin creators: I'm bumping this after a few months just to propose this suggestion again: like I wrote above, while there is still a consistent percentage of FM players that run the game on laptops and/or older computers,  1440p and 2160p resolution monitors are increasingly available and affordable.

If you work on your skin on similar monitors, please consider creating a native or compatible 2k/4k skin  for us older geezers without having to compromise for a 125%/150% + increase of text size that oftens hides, alter and break the visualization of the custom skin. 

A big portion of fm players are on laptops that don’t even support 1920x1080, and supporting anything other than your native resolution is a massive pain when creating skins, I don’t think it’s worth all the hassle and work that comes for it when the game has excellent zooming options. 

Fwiw, I play at 1440p, and adapted my private version of TCS ‘19 to support it properly and enjoyed the experience a lot less at 100% zoom than 125%.