Sports Interactive Community
WelshLen77

Can’t reach 100% fitness

By the way 'Tired and Jaded' is a warning that a players recovery from playing will be slower ... this can lead to poorer performances for obvious reasons, but doesn't mean they're unplayable.

PS - As mentioned you should find last nights updates have further tuned how condition operates, although it might take a few weeks to fully be visible in your game as things have to adapt.

Has the new update reversed the fitness conditions? 

For me, I love squad rotation and not being able to pick the same 11 each game. 

I don't get when people say this is a pick up and play and they haven't got time to rotate the squad and keep an eye on fitness etc. This is a slimmed down version of the main FM but it's still a FOOTBALL MANAGER game and probably the main aspect of a football manager is picking your team week in week out. Evaluating a player's fitness and looking ahead 2 or 3 fixtures to see who to rest etc. 

I didn't think anything needed changing but it seems a few people say they hate it and a hot fix gets released when there are others who enjoyed the update. 

Haven't had chance to test it yet but my game updated automatically and if this has been reversed is there a way to keep it at the update before the hot fix? Would I be able to uninstall and reinstall or would that not work either? 

If not then unfortunately I will probably not play anymore as for me I loved thinking ahead and rotating my squad week in week out. 

I want pick up and play don't get me wrong but what I don't want is playing the same 11 players every week. For me this doesn't really reflect being a football manager. Which is, regardless of how you look at it, what this game is isn't it? 

On 13/03/2019 at 17:57, drumz said:

I hate to moan as I understand it's extremely hard to tweak the game but the update has ruined the experience for me. I was halfway through a season when it updated. I now have to virtually rotate my whole squad every game as they don't have full fitness and most are "tired & jaded". I'm a manager that likes to have a small squad and I rotate often with youth players etc but it now seems you need 2 starting elevens to compete.

I understand irl teams aren't 100% fit each game but irl you don't have to rest your whole team if you've got a champions league game midweek. Look at Man City last night and on the weekend.

Maybe I'm bitter as I was doing so well and now it seems I can hardly string a win with the same players. Such a massive tweek to the gameplay without prior warning is very annoying. This should've waited for next year as a new game experience. As others have suggested, make the Ai managers more intelligent which I'm guessing is not feasible instead of weakening our teams unrealistically.

I honestly feel like I've wasted my money as I've only just bought it a couple of weeks ago and now I'm not going to bother playing anymore.

Sorry for the negativity but just my 2 cents.

They have now changed it so players (most of them) recover back to full fitness. I do still have 2 that won’t go past 99% which is just annoying but doesn’t change the game. 

What is annoying is I’ve had to go back to a September save instead of carry on from January as I felt that the  previous update had screwed how I performed. Only a few days play to catch up, but annoying to try and remember which youngsters I’d found, or trying to loan out my 20 reserves all over again!

This update has ruined the game for me. My players condition now takes a ridiculous amount of time to recover after matches and in some cases doesn't improve at all. For example I played my first choice starting 11 for an important league game then rested them and played my 2nd choice team for a game 3 days later so they would be fit for the champions league quarter final. Come match day (6 days since they played) and my first choice team still hadn't recovered! Some players conditions were still the same as 6 days earlier so I couldn't even play them.   Now stupid stuff is also happening that never did before the update. Eg: unmarked players hitting the ball back to the wing after a cross instead of shooting from 6 yards. Penalties given against players dribbling in their own box with nobody near them. I even had a player receive the ball on the edge of the opposition's 18 yard box, run the length of the pitch back to his own penalty box and then shoot and score.  Also now nobody bids for my players when I offer them to other clubs (even when only asking for £2 million for an established £25 million player).  Another problem is that no matter how much I try to train my central midfielders, their positioning doesn't improve.  I give up!

Alan1 - if you can email me a save game before this happened to limey.coder@gmail.com I'd be interested in seeing it, also which match engine are you using in the game? (I'm presuming OME?).

Finally the transfer logic for bids hasn't changed in the update - the 25m rated player you're trying to sell, what salary is he on? ... if its 100k/week that seriously restricts who can sign him so bear that in mind.

14 minutes ago, Alan1 said:

This update has ruined the game for me. My players condition now takes a ridiculous amount of time to recover after matches and in some cases doesn't improve at all. For example I played my first choice starting 11 for an important league game then rested them and played my 2nd choice team for a game 3 days later so they would be fit for the champions league quarter final. Come match day (6 days since they played) and my first choice team still hadn't recovered! Some players conditions were still the same as 6 days earlier so I couldn't even play them.   Now stupid stuff is also happening that never did before the update. Eg: unmarked players hitting the ball back to the wing after a cross instead of shooting from 6 yards. Penalties given against players dribbling in their own box with nobody near them. I even had a player receive the ball on the edge of the opposition's 18 yard box, run the length of the pitch back to his own penalty box and then shoot and score.  Also now nobody bids for my players when I offer them to other clubs (even when only asking for £2 million for an established £25 million player).  Another problem is that no matter how much I try to train my central midfielders, their positioning doesn't improve.  I give up!

100% this! Since this winter update (and the hotfix) I’m finding it the most unenjoyable/unplayable version yet. This stamina thing has turned the game into a micro management mess. It just doesn’t make any sense ....why don’t players recover stamina to their max ever and why isn’t 7 days between games enough to fully recover? Why does a GK need resting because he’s jaded in December?! Why do players seem fine but then you check their training page and it says needs a rest?! Honestly you’ve added much extra pointless stuff to do in between each match you’ve sucked all the fun out of the game. If this is how stamina is going to be from now on then I’m officially out of the FM franchise 👎 so many odd choices in your development like you have zero clue who your fans are and what they enjoy about the game. Baffling how anyone can say this is now more fun when it’s just a gazillion times more frustrating 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ve said the same on FMMVibe recently but surely that site is a good cross section of your users and gives an insight into what they enjoy about the game when you have a look through some of their excellent challenges. You’ve pretty much destroyed that community’s challenges for the future with one awful update.... nice work 👍

WelshLen77 - Can you give me more information and perhaps a save game as I'm playing with the same hot-fix as you and I'm not seeing that at all, especially with regards to the keeper which is why I'm enquiring for more information about your game setup and how you play.

PS - I'm closing this thread and starting another because my comments/requests seem to be getting ignored in this and I'd like to get detailed information so we can ensure its sorted - which is why I've opened another one (no other reason before anyone rants ;) ).