Sports Interactive Community
jcp1417

When does promotions happen from non-playable leagues?

I'm trying to get a certain team promoted into the Vanarama South and I know what day it actually happens. But what I'm seeing is that the same teams are moving up no matter how many times I reload. I'm under the understanding that the regional leagues do not play so the same teams should not be getting promoted each time. 

My question is, how far before the promotion date should I save so I can re-load until I get the team i want?

Promotion from non-playable leagues mostly takes into account reputation of the team, hence why the same teams are being promoted each time. There's nothing much you can do about that, I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Promotion from non-playable leagues mostly takes into account reputation of the team, hence why the same teams are being promoted each time. There's nothing much you can do about that, I'm afraid.

I thought that it just uses reputation, thanks for confirming that. But when I'm on Jun 24th and sim to June 25th, the same exact teams every time are being promoted. I've even tried editing the rep. I need to know the date that the game decides who's going up because it's not the 25th

34 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Appears to be a bug. Very minor but very annoying.

many, many thanks. at least i know i'm not crazy

Another problem to lay at the door of reputation - nice idea, but so many unfortunate unintended effects.

I have come across the same problem when holidaying in Slovakia. I tried to holiday from earlier points and found that using save from month before league reset day solved this problem of same teams being promoted. You could try it and post your findings please.

yeah its a day earlier.  If the reset date is 25th June then save on 23rd

I tried saving and reloading a week earlier in Brazil but always had the same four teams promoted. Would be nice to have official dates for every league confirmed by SI. Minor stuff yeah, but as I said pretty annoying for some users pursuing specific teams/challenges.