Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Crashes in 19.3.2? Please READ ME!

We've put out some fixes to address the game crashing on launch for some systems. 

If for whatever reason the game still crashes for you on launch, please try the following:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

If that doesn't work, then try disabling the Steam Overlay as shown below:

If that still doesn't work, try running in DX9 as shown below

- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9

EDIT: We've also rolled out some more stability fixes to the Public Beta in version 19.3.3. You can access this version by reading the instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/455051-joining-the-football-manager-2019-public-beta/

If you still are having issues, please reach out to help@sega.co.uk and please include your crash dump file and a dxdiag. Details on how to find the dxdiag here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r619/

Thanks. 

@Neil Brock the update doesnt appear in my steam ( i restart a few times)  unless download and install in the public beta with any notification.

The dx9 launch option worked for me. Finally I can game again (:

edit: I have an 980ti if it helps.

Edited by knaek

8 hours ago, Leeharrison said:

Okay so everything I have done is not working now 

pls help

Can you please post your crash dump file (location to find this is listed in any crash message popup) and your Dxdiag? Details on how to find your Dxdiag here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r619/

Thanks. 

I'm also having crash dump issues on loading FM19, I'm gonna try the Beta but not holding my breath. Attached my DxDiag and a selection of the crash dump files. I've ensured all my drivers are up to date, removed my custom graphics, and deleted the Cache etc. I'm running windows defender with no other anti virus. All no joy. Any help appreciated.

DxDiag.txt 96.49 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 18.38.15).dmp 398.53 kB · 1 download FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 18.39.44).dmp 374.98 kB · 1 download FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 18.45.45).dmp 392.78 kB · 1 download FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 18.46.51).dmp 379.5 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 20.48.57).dmp 389.14 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.02 12.29.33).dmp 381.24 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.02 14.49.32).dmp 351.5 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.02 20.08.56).dmp 363.59 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.02 20.13.07).dmp 377.6 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.02 21.18.08).dmp 333.83 kB · 1 download

So the 19.3.2 update didn't work for me either, however it does work if I start the game with -small_screen -windowed. Will another update be released to completely eradicate this issue? Or will I just have to play FM19 in windowed mode?

@Neil Brock please Neil i need your help.....I have done everything you suggest but still the game freezes during loading (it is staging). I have done all the windows updates (windows 10), uninstalled and reinstalled my GPU (AMD), went all through the different scenarios at steam, but still nothing happens. It just keeps on loading.......what else would you suggest?

DxDiag.txt

10 minutes ago, kos77 said:

@Neil Brock please Neil i need your help.....I have done everything you suggest but still the game freezes during loading (it is staging). I have done all the windows updates (windows 10), uninstalled and reinstalled my GPU (AMD), went all through the different scenarios at steam, but still nothing happens. It just keeps on loading.......what else would you suggest?

DxDiag.txt 76.75 kB · 0 downloads

Just to confirm, you've tried everything as listed here? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/183_technical-support/186_pc/the-game-is-stuck-on-the-loading-screen-r667/

@Neil Brocki just saw this...i am going through these steps and i will let you know....thank you for your immediate response, though.

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeaaahhh !!!!! We have touch down !  Thank you so much !!!! The game works perfect, as you suggested. Then i added any additional files and still works perfect.

Free touring and sightseeing in Athens/Greece, if you ever come this way!!!!!!

Cheers mate!

@Neil Brock

i checked if it worked this morning and I did everything listed above again, I’ve had 6 fms now and they’ve all worked on this laptop but am currently out so I can’t upload anything, when will there be an update ? It’s a big issue if some people can’t play the game 

btw FM Touch's winter update has the same problem of the main game. Good job Sports Interactive.

Edited by YahtzeeYahtzee

5 hours ago, Leeharrison said:

@Neil Brock

i checked if it worked this morning and I did everything listed above again, I’ve had 6 fms now and they’ve all worked on this laptop but am currently out so I can’t upload anything, when will there be an update ? It’s a big issue if some people can’t play the game 

What exactly is your issue? If it's crashing, can you please post your crash dump file and dxdiag? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, YahtzeeYahtzee said:

btw FM Touch's winter update has the same problem of the main game. Good job Sports Interactive.

And you've definitely tried the below with both? 

@Neil Brock

I have done everything what you have suggested and others have suggested but I still get nothing from the game and like I said it has worked on my laptop for the last 6 years and I was playing it last week and it was fine till I did the winter update and now I get a black screen, I do not have my laptop with me to send the information over just hoping and waiting for an update 

19 hours ago, crevetzel said:

.HI.fm19 always gets stuck in winter or summer transfers date. I do not use the editor or anything else.

DxDiag.txt 76.15 kB · 0 downloads

FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.07 21.19.24).dmp 2.64 MB · 0 downloads

Could you please provide us with a save game below:

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Cheers,

Hugo

On 06/03/2019 at 17:05, Neil Brock said:

-small_screen -windowed

I change mine to windowed mode it loads fine but the minute I switch it full screen in game once loaded it crashes instantly!!

12 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

I change mine to windowed mode it loads fine but the minute I switch it full screen in game once loaded it crashes instantly!!

Sounds like a GPU driver problem - have you tried completely removing and reinstalling all your graphics card drivers as shown here? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r625/

16 hours ago, crevetzel said:

Hello. I uploaded to the last save.

What's the save game file called? 

26 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Sounds like a GPU driver problem - have you tried completely removing and reinstalling all your graphics card drivers as shown here? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r625/

Hmm odd thing is nothing had changed since I last played the game. Only the winter update and a few smaller ones...

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Hello,

Complete driver removal and reinstall and no change.. still the same. This is poor.. I have never had trouble with this graphics driver on FM 19 before..

Will this be solved in a new update?

Annnnnd on the beta as well... please please fix! I hate having a game sat there I cannot play!!

42 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

Annnnnd on the beta as well... please please fix! I hate having a game sat there I cannot play!!

But if you play in maximised Windowed mode it works fine?

14 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

But if you play in maximised Windowed mode it works fine?

Yes but it's awful on my laptop screen due to its size. If I then go into settings and choose full screen and at best resolution it's an instant crash.

Running AND radeon dual mobile graphics.

Edited by JR866Gunner
Additional info

Hi @Neil Brock

Im still having alot of problems with FM19, its crashing when I try to start up the game. Ive tried starting the game in public beta, starting in windowed format, taking off the steam overlay and nothing is working. It was working up until this monday/tuesday.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

DxDiag.txt FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.09 12.41.50).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.09 12.43.29).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.09 12.44.14).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.09 12.49.39).dmp

Okay so it now works today in the public beta after the small update. 

When can we switch back to full game ?

Thanks for all the help 

4 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Yes but it's awful on my laptop screen due to its size. If I then go into settings and choose full screen and at best resolution it's an instant crash.

Running AND radeon dual mobile graphics.

What does it look like in windowed mode? Surely it'd look almost identical to Full Screen just with a border wouldn't it?

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What does it look like in windowed mode? Surely it'd look almost identical to Full Screen just with a border wouldn't it?

Yes but with a 1766×900 resolution screen real estate is lost... I've never been a fan of windowed mode. Too distracting..  I'll have to give it a go and be patient. 

5 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

Yes but with a 1766×900 resolution screen real estate is lost... I've never been a fan of windowed mode. Too distracting..  I'll have to give it a go and be patient. 

If you change the zoom mode via the preferences you may be able to find a setting you like for the meantime. 

11 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

If you change the zoom mode via the preferences you may be able to find a setting you like for the meantime. 

I shall give it a go tonight. Big test will be match day! I've read people having issues in 3D too.. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks Neil!

For those still with issue, and using nVidia board, try the driver 399.31

its working fine here, after a Format process, and a clean Windows 1809 version installation!

Cheers, and HEY, SI! You're horrible!

what the joke has become this game.in the transfer period always gives me error.not going to play anything .... i started new save and in the transfer period after 1 year .. yes error

i put the save as you asked, and dxdiag what solver? when do you solve this problem?

I was playing the game and suddenly the screen got all messed up. couldn' t save my game. Now every time I start FM19 it crashes when it is saying loading - right at the beginning. i don't have any crash dump files. I tried everything that Neil explained and nothing works. what the hell.. this is a shame.

Is anyone able to help me? thank you!

drumgoreckibass crash.rtf

Edited by drumgoreckibass

10 hours ago, crevetzel said:

what the joke has become this game.in the transfer period always gives me error.not going to play anything .... i started new save and in the transfer period after 1 year .. yes error

i put the save as you asked, and dxdiag what solver? when do you solve this problem?

What date in game does it crash for you? I've run it through here without error.

Are you running a custom skin? If so, try removing it as a test and see if you get the same issue. Let us know. 

22 hours ago, shondo said:

This is getting beyond a joke now! I joined public beta, it worked fine - now you've updated to 19.3.3 and it crash dumps all over again!

What is going on?!

FM 2019 v19.3.3.1202861 (2019.03.09 20.12.22) shondo.dmp 306.09 kB · 1 download DxDiag shondo.txt 76.86 kB · 1 download

Download this file - https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28164/a08/win64_15.33.47.5059.zip

Once you've done so, unzip it and install. Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Polkanovdenis1990 said:

Have you tried this?

22 часа назад, Нил Брок сказал:

Вы пробовали это?

- Откройте Steam и получите доступ к своей библиотеке игр
- Щелкните правой кнопкой мыши на Football Manager 2019 - > свойства - > > общие - > > > установить параметры запуска>>>
- Введите это в поле: - renderer_direct3D9
- Нажмите OK, закройте окно и запустите FM19 через Steam

unfortunately it didn't help. What else can be done?