[FM17] How to make 2 databases complement each other?

I've been trying for a long time now to create realistic CONCACAF competitions: the Caribbean Club Cup, the Caribbean Shield, the CONCACAF Champions League, and the CONCACAF League.  Since the game is missing Central American leagues, I've been wanting to create (more or less) realistic competitions for them: all have some form of Opening/Closing league stages, then playoffs.  However, I can't figure out how to make these country-specific league databases work together and make sure that the continental cups are choosing the correct teams.

In Nicaragua, there's an opening league stage --> playoffs; closing league stage --> playoffs.  The winners of the playoffs qualify for the CONCACAF League, and if they're the same team, the runner-up with the best league stage record qualifies.

For the continental database, I figured that the easiest way to do it would be to "get qualified teams" and set the country to Nicaragua, figuring that the Nicaraguan database would fill in the gaps and, if I set teams to qualify for the CONCACAF League there (had to create the competition in both databases), it would work.  However, no matter how I've tried to set up the Nicaraguan database, I can't get the winners of these playoffs to reliably be placed into the CONCACAF League.  I tried specifying that Continental Cups should take teams only from the playoff stage, I've set league fates everywhere, I've tried "Set Continental Cup" and "Qualify Team for Comp," and I tried to set up a separate qualifying table, but I haven't been able to get anything to work.

One thing I was thinking is that in my continental database, the CONCACAF League has the Unique ID 100000024, while the CONCACAF League in the Nicaraguan database is 10000028 or something like that.  Should they have the same unique ID in order for the game to recognize them as the same comp?

Any ideas?  The most recent databases I've used are attached below in XML form.

pinolero FINAL quall 3 xml.xml CONCACAF 2 xml.xml

Archived