Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Crashes since 19.3.0 and 19.3.1 - READ ME!

51 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

This machine doesn't actually meet the minimum specifications to run the game so surprised if it's ever run for you? 

You can try the following and you may be able to get it to launch:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

If the above doesn't work, try the below:

- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --config very_low

Still doesn't work, btw my pc is good! It runs perfectly FM Touch and it was running good FM19 before your winter update. Now that I have updated my pc's performances by adding a fourth ram, a new graphic card and Windows 7 instead of Windows 10 to gain the best from my machine, I pretend to still play FM19. C'mon guys...

@Neil Brock unfortunately, it seems i cannot load the game even after using the public beta (19.3.2). The game freezes (still) at the loading screen (it is staging). I have already updated windows (10), reinstalled my GPU (AMD), restarted steam. It doesn't create a crush, but just freezes during loading. So i really don't know what else to try. Any advice would be more than appreciated!!!

Public beta 19.3.2. not working...and yes my laptop is old and before 19.3 update game was runinng perfectly on my machine (3 star graphics in preferences), now my only way to go in game and run it is with some strange new AMD driver (show 1 star in preferences for graphics) or without graphic driver I can go in game (again 1 star in preferences for graphics).

DxDiag.txt FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.05 20.15.11).dmp

try this  -renderer_direct3D9 on launcher options. It worked for me ( nvidia ) 

Posted (edited)
hace 20 minutos, trustnls dijo:

Yes, It's works...but if you put on launcher options :  --user_data_location="H:\FOOTBALL_MANAGER\FOOTBALL_MANAGER_2019\SETTINGS,  that is where i put the skins, faces, kits, etc, its back again the screen frozen and doesn't continues...:seagull:

Edited by MackBoss187

17 minutes ago, trustnls said:

This solved the issue for me - I wish I could kiss you through the screen

7 minutes ago, MarcusBanks7 said:

This solved the issue for me - I wish I could kiss you through the screen

:lol:

Game now works on public beta and using   -renderer_direct3D9 .

but my saved games have disappeared is that normal 

38 minutes ago, trustnls said:

Yes,, thanks..works great now..although tactic section of my team looks different..at least I can play😎

So the the beta works fine for me so should I try to back to normal version now or just stay on the public beta ? 

44 minutes ago, trustnls said:

Beta or normal version?

10 minutes ago, fullylove007 said:

Game now works on public beta and using   -renderer_direct3D9 .

but my saved games have disappeared is that normal 

you tried normal game without beta ? maybe it will work for your save

Just now, YahtzeeYahtzee said:

Beta or normal version?

i tried normal version and work

Just now, YahtzeeYahtzee said:

Tomorrow I'll try again, pray for me 🤞🏻

i hope with all my heart :lol:

1 minute ago, trustnls said:

я надеюсь от всего сердца :лол:

what is renderer-direct?

7 minutes ago, trustnls said:

you tried normal game without beta ? maybe it will work for your save

Yes went back to normal and all was there 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, cnrse said:

When does it crash for you? Probably worth creating your own thread as it's not crashing on launch, appears to be on the analysis screen? Is that the only place it crashes? 

1 hour ago, YahtzeeYahtzee said:

Still doesn't work, btw my pc is good! It runs perfectly FM Touch and it was running good FM19 before your winter update. Now that I have updated my pc's performances by adding a fourth ram, a new graphic card and Windows 7 instead of Windows 10 to gain the best from my machine, I pretend to still play FM19. C'mon guys...

The graphics card is very old and the last driver is from 2010. Unless you've posted an incorrect dxdiag by mistake? 

30 minutes ago, gaz&Sacha7 said:

So the the beta works fine for me so should I try to back to normal version now or just stay on the public beta ? 

The beta is slightly ahead of the 'retail' version so if the beta works best to stick on that one for now. We'll look to merge the fix from the public beta over to the full retail one relatively soon. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The graphics card is very old and the last driver is from 2010. Unless you've posted an incorrect dxdiag by mistake? 

I attach again my crash dump and my DxDiag, I think that the age of my graphic card doesn't count in this. I updated its last week, I did the same with my drivers. The problem can't involve them...

FM 2019 v19.3.1.1201167 (2019.03.05 21.52.35).dmp DxDiag.txt

6 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

When does it crash for you? Probably worth creating your own thread as it's not crashing on launch, appears to be on the analysis screen? Is that the only place it crashes? 

ye, it crashes on the analysis screen, n timeot, n match's startin screen

5 minutes ago, YahtzeeYahtzee said:

I attach again my crash dump and my DxDiag, I think that the age of my graphic card doesn't count in this. I updated its last week, I did the same with my drivers. The problem can't involve them...

FM 2019 v19.3.1.1201167 (2019.03.05 21.52.35).dmp 280.49 kB · 0 downloads DxDiag.txt 20.46 kB · 0 downloads

The machine is definitely under spec as the GPU is only 256MB and minimum is 512MB. Saying that were are still investigating issues with the game crashing on launch and hopefully your system will be fixed by that. 

Just to confirm, have you tried launching in Windowed mode to see if that helps?

- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Машина определенно соответствует спецификации, поскольку размер графического процессора составляет всего 256 МБ, а минимальный - 512 МБ. Говорят, что до сих пор исследуют проблемы с падением игры при запуске, и, надеюсь, ваша система будет исправлена. 

Просто чтобы подтвердить, вы пытались запустить в оконном режиме, чтобы посмотреть, помогает ли это?

- Откройте Steam и получите доступ к своей библиотеке игр
- Щелкните правой кнопкой мыши Football Manager 2019 -> Свойства -> Общие -> Установить параметры запуска
- Введите это в поле: -small_screen -windowed 
- Нажмите кнопку ОК, закройте окно и запустите FM19 через Пар

it works

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The machine is definitely under spec as the GPU is only 256MB and minimum is 512MB. Saying that were are still investigating issues with the game crashing on launch and hopefully your system will be fixed by that. 

Just to confirm, have you tried launching in Windowed mode to see if that helps?

- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

Yes, I tried yesterday, I'll try tomorrow again but I have no hopes. Neil, my pc runs FM Touch without problems, and it was running FM19 until your update. I really think that the PC isn't the problem, I'm sure about that

Thanks for the help and advise I take it well be informed when retail works correctly ?

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The beta is slightly ahead of the 'retail' version so if the beta works best to stick on that one for now. We'll look to merge the fix from the public beta over to the full retail one relatively soon. Thanks.

Thanks for advise and help 

2 minutes ago, gaz&Sacha7 said:

Thanks for the help and advise I take it well be informed when retail works correctly ?

It'll be announced via Steam, our social accounts and these forums. 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, YahtzeeYahtzee said:

Yes, I tried yesterday, I'll try tomorrow again but I have no hopes. Neil, my pc runs FM Touch without problems, and it was running FM19 until your update. I really think that the PC isn't the problem, I'm sure about that

We will try and fix the issue, but either way your system doesn't meet minimum specifications so isn't officially supported. But yes, something we've changed has affected your specific machine and hopefully we can make a change to allow you to run the game again.

We'll let you know when we have further news. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

We will try and fix the issue, but either way your system doesn't meet minimum specifications so isn't officially supported. But yes, something we've changed has affected your specific machine and hopefully we can make a change to allow you to run the game again.

We'll let you know when we have further news. 

Yeah I got it, thank you for your job, but I need an explanation: why my pc can run FM Touch despite of its characteristics that seem to be not the best for the game?

53 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

can u help me? i replied u that game crashes on the analysis screen, n timeot, n match's startin screen

3 minutes ago, cnrse said:

can u help me? i replied u that game crashes on the analysis screen, n timeot, n match's startin screen

Looks like it's running out of memory - what graphics quality are you running the game in via the in-game preferences? 

Finally it's working on me. In full version, not beta. Thanks to this:

- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

Thank you @Neil Brock

I also tested it with custom skin and graphics and it's all fine. The only "problem" is that the 3D match engine is not so smooth. But i think it will be fixed.

@Neil Brock i launched the game by -renderer_direct3D9 but now the game is slower and the graphics are different (much worst) than they used to be. What is wrong? 

DxDiag.txt

36 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Have you tried launching either via Windowed mode or in DX9 as suggested in the links above? 

Game works in windowed mode, you genius! (I should have tried that before). Thank you Neil!

7 saat önce, antonis23 said:

Finally it's working on me. In full version, not beta. Thanks to this:

Thank you @Neil Brock

I also tested it with custom skin and graphics and it's all fine. The only "problem" is that the 3D match engine is not so smooth. But i think it will be fixed.

Worked. I am trying...

Guys....i tried all of the above.....nothing happens. it still freezes at the loading screen ! I could really need some help over here...! It's been so many days !!!!!

DxDiag.txt

2 minutes ago, kos77 said:

Guys....i tried all of the above.....nothing happens. it still freezes at the loading screen ! I could really need some help over here...! It's been so many days !!!!!

DxDiag.txt 76.75 kB · 0 downloads

I would suggest the following path:

1. Clear cache and preferences

2. Put the game in beta version

3. Within launch options, type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9

or -small_screen -windowed if the first option doesn't work.

4. Launch the game via steam and wait to see...

26 minutes ago, antonis23 said:

I would suggest the following path:

1. Clear cache and preferences

2. Put the game in beta version

3. Within launch options, type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9 

or -small_screen -windowed if the first option doesn't work.

4. Launch the game via steam and wait to see...

This^^^

I'm in the same boat with getting the crash upon startup. Ive been very patient, (unlike some petulant people) reading all the crash posts and trying every reccomended fix.  But this workaround has worked! So for the time being I can turn touch version off an play the full fat game at least. I have every faith everyone at SI will fix it completely. Just have some patience.