Sports Interactive Community
marris09

Player signs in summer but joins 1-1-19

Playing as scunthorpe,just signed diego forlan as a free agent,pre season first season,yet he wont be joining until 1-1-19? 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. This looks like an issue that is only affecting Forlan, so you should be able to sign all other free agents immediately.

I'm not sure whether there is a league rule somewhere that is preventing him from joining straight away, but I've passed it on to our Dev team to investigate.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah this is happening to me to. When I sign a player that has no intrest from other clubs there is no problem. I sign him and he join the day after. But when I sign a player that has intrests from other clubs and I need to finalise a promise. This bug happens all of a sudden he can just join 1/1/2019 but the transfer window hasnt closed. Ive had to restart the save so many times because i didnt notice that they would just join 1/1/19. Please fix this as quick as possible. (P.s. Im playing in 3. liga so maybe it is an issue because of the new update)

9 hours ago, gabbigabb said:

Yeah this is happening to me to. When I sign a player that has no intrest from other clubs there is no problem. I sign him and he join the day after. But when I sign a player that has intrests from other clubs and I need to finalise a promise. This bug happens all of a sudden he can just join 1/1/2019 but the transfer window hasnt closed. Ive had to restart the save so many times because i didnt notice that they would just join 1/1/19. Please fix this as quick as possible. (P.s. Im playing in 3. liga so maybe it is an issue because of the new update)

Thanks for your feedback. 

I've tried this here this morning with a 3.liga side. I've managed to sign a number of players who had interest and no interest in them. These players all went on to be signed immediately. 

Could you let us know the following. 

- Who are you managing 

- What transfer window is this occurring in 

- Are the players you are encountering this issue with free transfers or cash transfers 

- What are the names of the players in question. 

If you have a save game where the issue can be reproduced from could you please upload the save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found below. 

Cheers,
Ben 

Theres another one that ive seen,ive not been effected by this but 3rd season( 20-21) jan transfer window michael duffy has been signed from dundalk to coventry but transfer wont go through until 9th june 2021 has played for dundalk since 2017 with no loans.

Started a Celtic save on the latest patch (19.3.1). Bought and sold some players in the first window. Of the ones I bought, some joined straight away, but some are joining on the 01/01/19, despite the transfer window being open for both teams. This is the case with both cash buys, and also players signed via compensation. 

Likewise, I sold Lustig, Brown and Kouassi, all within the Transfer windows for both me and the buying club, and as cash transfers. Lustig & Kouassi joined their new clubs straight away but Brown isn't leaving till 01/0/19 for some reason. 

1 hour ago, opel80uk said:

Started a Celtic save on the latest patch (19.3.1). Bought and sold some players in the first window. Of the ones I bought, some joined straight away, but some are joining on the 01/01/19, despite the transfer window being open for both teams. This is the case with both cash buys, and also players signed via compensation. 

Likewise, I sold Lustig, Brown and Kouassi, all within the Transfer windows for both me and the buying club, and as cash transfers. Lustig & Kouassi joined their new clubs straight away but Brown isn't leaving till 01/0/19 for some reason. 

Could you please let me know the name of some of the players you had signed? Also which clubs were Scott Brown, Lustig and Kouassi sold too? 

Cheers,

Ben 

I'll have to check when I get home about who I bought, as I can't remember (they were young players) but Brown was sold to Torino, Lustig to Malaga and Kouassi to Fiorentina. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for your feedback. 

I've tried this here this morning with a 3.liga side. I've managed to sign a number of players who had interest and no interest in them. These players all went on to be signed immediately. 

Could you let us know the following. 

- Who are you managing 

- What transfer window is this occurring in 

- Are the players you are encountering this issue with free transfers or cash transfers 

- What are the names of the players in question. 

If you have a save game where the issue can be reproduced from could you please upload the save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found below. 

Cheers,
Ben 

Ok so im managing a fictional team made in fm editor

This occured in the summer transfer window specifically when the transfer window opened. I had no problems signing players before the free transfer window opened.

These are all free transfer issues. there are no isses for me about the cash transfer, all good

David Marikyan, Adam Freund, Muhammed Çalhanoğlu, Bahadir Güler

Ive uploaded my file into the SI Cloud Service The files name is: Carlos Hubablo - Nazi Munich.fm

(Yeah i was gonna do a football manager series about if Hitler owned a football club and I tested it on a player Ilir Azemi and the bug happend

Thanks for being so responsive and helpful

bug 1.png

bug 2.png

Edited by gabbigabb

I am having the same problem with free agents, playing claassen lower league DB for the Czech Republic. Is there a way to fix it?

2 hours ago, bluejayway said:

I am having the same problem with free agents, playing claassen lower league DB for the Czech Republic. Is there a way to fix it?

We are looking into the problem at the moment. If you have a save game that shows the problem would you please be able to upload your save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. If you could also let us know the names of some of the players affected by this then that would be great. 

Details on how to upload can be found here - 

Cheers,
Ben

15 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

We are looking into the problem at the moment. If you have a save game that shows the problem would you please be able to upload your save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. If you could also let us know the names of some of the players affected by this then that would be great. 

Details on how to upload can be found here - 

Cheers,
Ben

Sava game uploaded, file name is breclavtest. It is new game, since i deleted my old save, but the problem is still there. For example, players like Martin Jedlicka will join the team on 21st of June (transfer window opens) even though he is free agent. Same with Petr Zavadil etc. After 21st of June when transfer window opens, other free players are joining the team in Januar 2019, next transfer window, like Aleksandar Tasic, Tomas Komara etc.

If you need any other info, let me know. Thx for your support

Thanks for the providing the save game. I have passed this on to be investigated further by the development team. 

Cheers,

Ben

Posted (edited)

Happening to me,  I am Dundee FC trying to buy free agents (I've tried hundreds) and they aren't signing until January 2019 rather than summer 2018. I decided then to be Albion Rovers and the same happens to them as well.  

Interestingly it seems it only happens from the 9 June 2018 onwards, when the transfer window opens... 

Edited by gregdfc

SI programmers,

This error is very serious and I can not be played normally! It's not possible.
The game costs a lot of money and such mistakes that you can not normally play are a huge shame for you!
Until I fix it, I do not move the game and if it is not repaired quickly, I leave the game, although I buy it regularly from CM01 / 02 (I'm 37 years old and I'm a loyal fan but every year is getting worse with mistakes)

If you want to check the details:
Make yourself a career in the Polish First Division as LKS Lodz.
wait until the transfer window opens on July 1, 2018.
And then during the window try to sign a contract with a free player of Polish nationality - already at the signing of the contract there will be info that it will go to the club on February 1, 2019.
But if you want to sign a contract with a free player from France, it will be contracted the next day ...

I apologize for weak English, I hope that you will fix it quickly.

greetings,
Jarek Dąbrowski

Thanks for the feedback and apologies that you encountered the problem. 

This is something we are currently looking into. 

Cheers,

Ben

On 11/03/2019 at 18:42, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for the feedback and apologies that you encountered the problem. 

This is something we are currently looking into. 

Cheers,

Ben

Any news about the fix?