New!! 442 Burg! Wolfsburg 1st Season Champions!!! Underdog & Top Team (Chelsea Treble 102pts)

22 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Yeah the new formation would help especially as the DM would also offer cover in defence. 

testing with Palace causing so much issues haha. players like Townsend likes to shoot for distance, so games im getting 30+ shots, 10 are probably him so its hard to see what the tactic is really doing...im in the middle of a Lpool test, 9 games 9 wins (beat United, Chelsea and Spurs away) lol so i'll look for another mid table team with players that generally suit and don't cause too many issues

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, afizzyuk said:

testing with Palace causing so much issues haha. players like Townsend likes to shoot for distance, so games im getting 30+ shots, 10 are probably him so its hard to see what the tactic is really doing...im in the middle of a Lpool test, 9 games 9 wins (beat United, Chelsea and Spurs away) lol so i'll look for another mid table team with players that generally suit and don't cause too many issues

PPMs can cause issues when players have tendencies whic conflict with the tactic. Something which is good that you’ve highlighted because not everyone will be aware of this.

Wanted to post up a small tactical analysis piece regards to this tactic. A lot of people I think will see this thread and think they can plug this tactic in, and are entitled to then win everything. Football Manager, just like real life, requires the user to constantly be analysing your own teams performances and the oppositions. Below I’m going to show why this is needed and useful to being successful:

Inter v Frosinone: Going into this one I feel they should cause me no problems and a home win should be guaranteed. We score early and my feelings are looking right... except Frosinone are causing me lots of problems. They’ve set up with 3 AMs and a striker. When we attack, they have 4 men ready to counter against our 2 CBS. They keep creating chances and getting shots away.

My assistant is advising that Marin (LM for me) is struggling to create anything down the left and having been booked, I feel he is a liability. He also advises we are giving possession away cheaply and aren’t keeping it in their half (we only had 39% at this point).

So the game is 1-0 to me, but we are struggling and if it continues, Frosinone will score. Cue changes... I have considered the analysis from my assistant and what I can see and I’m changing things accordingly...

As you can see in the stats image, I decided to remove Marin and bring on another CM. I then moved my DLP to the regista role. This is to offer extra defensive cover and operate as the main ball player, helping to keep possession more effectively. I make the IWB left a standard wing back as he now has to cover the whole left hand side on his own. To help him out, I change the left sided centre mid to a Mezzala so he will drift wide and assist the LWB. 

To summarise, I have added a Regista to help keep the ball and offer defensive cover, an extra body in midfield to help with possession in their half and removed the LM who was struggling. 

The results were easy to see. Albano (Regista) controlled the game from this point. Everything went through him (94% pass completion) and he even scored. We created chance after chance, and only poor finishing meant the score wasn’t higher. Frosinone created no further chances for the entire game following these changes. 

What could have quickly turned into a shock result was avoided by analysis of what was happening and making considered changes to counter this.

The lesson is, yes this tactic is very good. But don’t come into this and just plug and play and then be disappointed if you don’t achieve unprecedented success. No real life manager makes no changes during games! 

177C55EC-A9A0-483D-A6E2-9F6CE678F44E.jpeg

3F99636B-DAB5-4F82-A074-EF9663976732.jpeg

5 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

I always use a creator as the DLP role, examples like Pirlo or Oliver Norwood. In your case, Bannan is well suited to this role (not quite Norwood though haha)

I look for the below as my search filter:

Passing, First touch, Tackling, Determination, Positioning, Off the Ball, Stamina, Natural Fitness and then make sure their personality in the scout report is favourable (ie not mercenary, fickle etc).

The b2b role I look for someone with all round midfield skills. They need to be capable of getting up and down the pitch all game, able to defend and attacking contribute in multiple areas. I would focus on the below filters:

Passing, Tackling, Dribbling, Long shots, first touch, Determination, Positioning, Off the Ball, Work rate, Stamina, Natural Fitness and then make sure their personality in the scout report is favourable (ie not mercenary, fickle etc).

examples would be Lampard or John Fleck.

I always use my filters for each position when finding players to scout and buy. The more of those attributes that are over 10 the better. 

cheera knew you would have to get  mention fleck haha

1 minute ago, davecrossley said:

Can't wait for this 4-1-2-2-1 to be released @afizzyuk

I could release it now but I want to do further tests with a lower club first. It’s a fairly defensive tactic, so shouldn’t have too many problems. 

But I completed the season and was unbeaten, also in the Europa final (finished 3rd in CL group stages, I made 0 signings so tried to play a B team plus I tweaked a lot in cup games) 

7 minutes ago, afizzyuk said:

I could release it now but I want to do further tests with a lower club first. It’s a fairly defensive tactic, so shouldn’t have too many problems. 

But I completed the season and was unbeaten, also in the Europa final (finished 3rd in CL group stages, I made 0 signings so tried to play a B team plus I tweaked a lot in cup games) 

what mentaility you use

5 minutes ago, cragswfc said:

what mentaility you use

Balanced mentality...line of engagement is also on standard so your players won’t tire out easily and keep a defensive shape. 

It should be easy to defend against, specially being Lpool as the AI will go defensive but it did work

20 minutes ago, afizzyuk said:

Is this tactic going to be using inside forwards or wingers?

I love this tactic. I've managed to get ibiza to the la liga and stayed up but then switched to this tactic about halfway through my third season and finished 7th. struggling to get any good players in to be honest. also won the euros with Spain which I don't know why they offered me because I'm not exactly a big time manager. the results I posted earlier were half the first tactic and half the new burg tactic (the last three) before that it was the original tactic. managed to hold real Madrid at home which I thought was good in the Spanish cup. I love this tactic...well done!! never been good at tactics tbh so I download others. makes it more enjoyable tbh

16 hours ago, cragswfc said:

get it uploaded

12 hours ago, vincenzo697 said:

can you please upload it?  :lol::idiot:

11 hours ago, White Europe said:

4123 my favourite formation... keep up the good job;)

11 hours ago, Meiras80 said:

my too when you can put this formation to download?

Great tactic!

Using it on the Nintendo Switch I was bottom of the league with Notts County  after half a season after getting promoted the year before and looked certain to go down.... Switched over to this tactic and managed to finish 14th. Next season on I am in January and top of the league!

Half way through my first full season at Inter (having guided Cesena to Serie A) using top top away with my tweaks. Going very well, defence is very strong but that’s probably helped by my focus on keeping clean sheets rather than scoring loads. I’d always take 1-0 over 5-3 for example. 

FF699F09-7E32-4519-B92A-00E6EA8BF647.jpeg

4C50FFA1-B7BD-40ED-BE30-DF14D05414A0.jpeg

A3B2F84B-0069-4A90-859F-91974EB0631E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, afizzyuk said:

You like 5212 WB? 

Currently created one and it's doing crazy numbers with L'pool. It'll probably just be a top team tactic though 

If you ever manage to get a 4-1-2-1-2 working (no wingers) let me know. prob in my top3 of favorite tactics with 4231 and 41221 (quickhands/safehands)

You like 5212 WB? 

Currently created one and it's doing crazy numbers with L'pool. It'll probably just be a top team tactic though 

i rather like small clubs tactics which are solid at the back. but keep up the good job! 

1 minute ago, whispers said:

If you ever manage to get a 4-1-2-1-2 working (no wingers) let me know. prob in my top3 of favorite tactics with 4231 and 41221 (quickhands/safehands)

Well to be honest this tactic acts like a 41212 when it possession, my CB in the middle is a Libero so he comes out into the DM role often. I'll work on the 41212, FM loves wing play so attacking its not as effective, full backs are too deep to constantly be a threat. But must be a way to make it work!

1 minute ago, White Europe said:

i rather like small clubs tactics which are solid at the back. but keep up the good job! 

I'm with you on that! Maybe I'll test it with a small club  when i finish the season. My defence is solid and defenders get high match ratings but that's probably more to do with the quality of players. But cant be too sure so will test it later on. *fingers crossed*

Well to be honest this tactic acts like a 41212 when it possession, my CB in the middle is a Libero so he comes out into the DM role often. I'll work on the 41212, FM loves wing play so attacking its not as effective, full backs are too deep to constantly be a threat. But must be a way to make it work!

I'm with you on that! Maybe I'll test it with a small club  when i finish the season. My defence is solid and defenders get high match ratings but that's probably more to do with the quality of players. But cant be too sure so will test it later on. *fingers crossed*

I mean if you rather wanna make a sick 4-2-3-1 i wont argue :D its my favorite tactic but seems very leaky at the back. atleast as middle-topish teams

So I've been using this tactic with great success on Nintendo Switch, had one question as I can't download the tactic, have to do it all manual..

The GK Distribute to 'player', which player should I have set him to distribute it to? One of the strikers? Couldn't see it in the original post

• 1 month later...

This tactic is pure insanity even in the sixth tier of England. Just make sure you sign LBs and RBs that are at least decently comfortable with the IWB role and you'll be laughing. I have been lucky in the sense there are players in the Western-Super-Mare that fit the roles for the tactic perfectly. 

20190514150550_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived