Sports Interactive Community

Since I patched FM19 with the Winter update (19.3), I noticed that match play has some light jaggedness. 

My graph quality is set in Very High because I have a brand new Alienware 17, with i7 8750H and GeForce 1070 (!)

Since the jaggedness started, I set Crowd quality to Very Low, and now close my browser which used to run in the background - but problem remains.

Any suggestions on how to recoup my prior smoothness? Thanks.

What happens if you reduce the graphics quality by one notch?

Can you try deleting caches and preferences via the File Explorer, please?

Also if this doesn't help, please attach your Dxdiag.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you try deleting caches and preferences via the File Explorer, please?

Also if this doesn't help, please attach your Dxdiag.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

I deleted preferences and caches, but my last save disappeared. How can I recoup the game file please? (Is it inside cache or preferences folders currently in the Recycle Bin?)

Once I find and play it, I'll let you know if graphic performance improved. Thanks.

PS: All Perfect Now!  The game file was in the games folder (it just wasn't displayed in the home page). I played the game will graph settings to Very High, and it runs perfect. Thanks!

Edited by phd_angel

Sorry guys but the jaggedness reappeared again . I had cleared caches/preference folders and performance had perfected for a while. (Also, FM19 desktop icon disappeared)

The jaggedness happens on Graphics set at Very High, High, and Medium.  (I have a GeForce 1070 on a brand new Alienware laptop...).

Dxdiag is here attached.

Any additional help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DxDiagAlienwareGeForce1070FM19.txt

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We're looking into this. Windows have also reported that their recent update has also caused some issues for users, so could well be in part related to that - https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/a-recent-windows-10-update-is-hurting-game-performance-and-messing-with-mice/

Thanks, Neil. I'll be looking forward to a potential fix, and will also keep you updated if any solid change occurs.

One interesting detail your team may want to consider: the jaggedness during match play often goes away if I click multiple times on the screen (anywhere). The game graphics will run smoothly for a while, but jaggedness reappears in the next highlight or scene...

Quick update that may help your dev team:

Jaggedness completely disappears when I have the Window mode on Windowed. And this is with Very High graphic quality!

Jaggedness reappears when Window mode is on Full Screen (1920x1080), even when graphic quality is on Medium... 

5 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Quick update that may help your dev team:

Jaggedness completely disappears when I have the Window mode on Windowed. And this is with Very High graphic quality!

Jaggedness reappears when Window mode is on Full Screen (1920x1080), even when graphic quality is on Medium... 

Thanks for the update,

Cheers,

Hugo