The rise of the Blue Brazil and beyond

parsdaft1982

Hi, welcome to my first career update thread. Been playing FM since the champ man days and i'm still addicted to it. My wife even accepts it and lets me play whenever I want.

So, this is my long term save for FM19.3, and i'm starting off as Cowdenbeath. I Plan to get them as high up the leagues as possible, but may be tempted to jump ship if the right offer comes in. I have loaded all the British and Irish leagues as well as the Dutch leagues with a Large database.

Cowdenbeath FC, nick-named the "Blue Brazil", are a semi-pro team based in Cowdenbeath in Fife, Scotland. They currently play in the SPFL League 2.

hZCjRa.png

I'm starting off with no badges and Sunday league rep

02uwFS.png

Current squad:

Dh34WV.png

So, got my work cut out for me. Also, one of the biggest tasks I will have is winning the fans over seeing as I support  their rivals Dunfermline.

Ok, just completed pre season, and now up to the first game in the Betfred cup.

GnQFa3.png

As you can see, its been a mixed pre season. The 3 losses were against much bigger teams to try bring in some well needed revenue as funds are running low. Also, due to the cup group, pre season in Scotland is short, so got to try and squeeze as many games in as I can.

2pR7Vu.png

Staff has been brought in to help me.

Transfers. Only the last 2 were by me.

UMHMDv.png

gUMjCi.png

Finally, this is how I intend to play. Its a tactic I created before 19.3 that was used with all sorts of clubs. I may have to do some tweaks as the season goes on and possibly change the CF role.

Ok, so pre-season and Betfred cup games done:

WdES7T.png

We turned out to be the giant killers of the group beating Rival Raith and St. Johnstone as well as beating F**kirk on pens. Surprisingly, we lost to the team in our own league. (On a personal note, delighted to have beaten both of Dunfermline's main rivals F**lkirk and Raith)

bGMHWF.png

Made a few additions to the squad to bolster the squad. I am concerned about Talbot, as his form has been really poor so far.

Anyway, excited about the season ahead.

UyFYLb.png

August and September done. Been a good 2 moths in the League, but got knocked out of both cups. Ok, it was against higher clubs, but the loses still hurt.

dk8CTG.png

Team are playing well, but the 1-0 loss to Edinburgh hurt as we were the better side. 

Oct/Nov 2018

wNXu3F.png
eALOHH.png
VgBFt4.png

We, October was a great month, won all 3 games no problem. November however, I had Berwick away twice before playing them at home for a 3rd time in December. Lost the league game, then drew the away cup game before winning the reply at home.

So lost 2 league games, the 7-4 defeat by Annan really hurt. I'm now 6 points behind Edinburgh going into December. I have a young Polish GK on a trial and he seems to be ok, keeping clean sheets in the games he is playing in the reserves, I may sign him to shore up the defence. On the lookout for a new LB, RW and can never go wrong with a new ST. 

Things are getting interesting now.

RwSyMh.png
MYYwNj.png
BIZngK.png

December was a great month, only lost 1 Game. However January was a terrible month, only picked up 1 win. I kinda lost the dressing room too as I sold Jason Talbot, who was useless pretty much and could not get into the first team. I have managed to get most back onside, with a wee tweak to the tactic here and there, I think I can give Edinburgh a run for the money. Im currently only 1 point behind them in the race for promotion, plus with me signing a new 1 year deal, it may give the squad the confidence to go on and win the title.

IRL, Cowdenbeath got beat at home 3-1 by Peterhead last night.

End of Season 18/19.

Well, what an interesting run in that was.

9hSP6C.png

I went on a moral boosting winning run up until we faced our closest challengers Edinburgh City, we lost 2-1 to them.

Qgv7AS.png

We were the better team but lost due to silly mistakes.

MdQ8rJ.png

Despite that loss, we still went on to be be crowned SPFL League 2 champions 18/19.

3ZeVNO.png

Well, I defo need to improve my strike force. There was a lot of inconsitancy from my forward players and I will look to address that as I go on.

So, Future plans? Buy get in quality players, and hope to stay in league 1.

16 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Well done Daft.

Who won the relegation playoff?

Thanks mate. Elgin City won and stayed up. Edinburgh City, my closest challengers all of last season, won the promotion playoff against East Fife and swapped places with them, so no Fife derby for us next season. I'll be updating soon hopefully.

2019/20 Season Preview

Its been a close season of change. First of all:

lfvQnm.png

So a fan group has taken over the club, hopefully the will not be stingy with the money. They have funded my National B coaching course and gave me a 2 year contract. So, for the moment at least, I'm here for the long run.

Bfg3aD.png

Finances are healthy, hopefully I can keep it like that.

4PQgSW.png

y7RsqJ.png

Transfers and current squad so far. I have offered contract to Brown and Reilly who are on trial so waiting for them to sign.

HX6TMZ.png

And finally, my Betfred cup group. 

So, the board are wanting me to finish mid-table, it will be a tough as, but hopefully I can deliver. I am also aiming to go a wee bit further in the challenge cup.

Season 19/20 Review

Its the end of the season, guess what happened?

8QXyGz.png

Yep, we only went and won our 2nd league title and promotion in consecutive seasons.

mlxMJp.png

iLx2oA.png Hgl0xW.png

Its been a great season for the Blue Brazil. The loan signing of Stevie Naismith from hibs has been a massive help. He has scored 29 goals in 27 apps, developing a great strike partnership with Ben Fraser, both only 18 years old. Gary Fraser in Midfield scored a lot too.

HahDzh.png

So, where do I go from here?

A0kvKC.png

So, it looks like my favourite team is coming calling. Do I jump ship or stay where I am? There will be more money etc available, as well as the Pars being a pro club compared to my semi pro club. I am fave for the Dunfermline hotseat! (With that being said, I now have to head to Dunfermline and pick up my ticket for today's game!)

So, went to Dunfermline (Not in real life as game has been called off :(). Decided to have a wee look at the finance screen, and this is what I have seen:

b0UBeh.png
Soz14o.png

So, what do I do now? Stay at the Blue Brazil, or join the challenge of the Pars.

So, I have decided to stay due to the fact I keep getting a crash dump on the Dunfermline save. 

The future? Well, I am a semi pro team surrounded by Pro teams looking to get back to the SPFL Premiership. Player recruitment is proving hard. My top goal scorer, Stevie Naismith has returned to his parent club Hibs, and they are refusing to loan him back to me, it looks like he is going to Livingston. I am in desperate need of a good goalkeeper too as mine is away back to Poland. A busy pre-season ahead for me.

9 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Well done Daft. It's going to take some really good signings to have a chance against the pro teams.

Thanks mate. I'm a couple games into the season, and i'm struggling big time. Its going to be a long season for the Blue Brazil.

• parsdaft1982 changed the title to The rise of the Blue Brazil and beyond

December update

So, as the season goes on, I have been getting updates on Brexit. I dont know about you, but i'm sick of hearing of it, but its part of life and FM, so theses are the new rules for Scotland at least.

LUrFft.png lJqTWk.png

Anyway, On to Cowdenbeath, The small mining village in Fife. Thing has been pretty good. Despite a very difficult start, the team has gone on to defy expectations.

MF2zyN.png

I lost all but 1 games in the Betfred cup, I'm doing pretty steady in the league and i'm in the semi final of the micky mou... I mean challenge cup. Here is the league.

XCG324.png

The Cowdenbeath supporters and board are very happy, what could possibly happen to ruin all that??

AH....           m0QcEO.png

Well, what can I say. Was far too good to turn Aberdeen. PLus, its only a 2 hour drive up the M90 from where I live so all good. I have moved to the SPFL Premier league, a big step up, and the board want to qualify for the Europa league. Challenge accepted.

gHp605.png

15 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I was going to say no foreigners for you any time soon... then you moved to Aberdeen. Can they afford £8,000 per week on players?

Aberdeen seem to have an ok wage budget but i need to get more out of them. Signed a player in Jan for the Dons, but its put me over my wage budget.... oops

2020/21 End of Season update

So, its been an interesting season. Getting Cowdenbeath to the dizzy heights of 4th in the Championship, to taking over Aberdeen.

LKOaLe.png TFVsdC.png i4h8Cx.png

I am looking forward to pre-season and getting some good quality players in. I am going to take the bold step and say I am going to challenge for the title, but there is work to be done before hand.

So how did Cowdenbeath do I hear you ask? Well, here you go...

lp0WOe.png Kzc8Xj.png

Needless to say, the season went to rat-poo. I Left on the 15th December, well as you can see, they didnt do too well. Former Dunfermline manager Allan Johnson was appointed as my replacement. I am glad I have Cowdenbeath as my affiliate club, so you never know what will happen. I do feel kinda guilty leaving, I still have the save so may go back in the future.

Archived