Sports Interactive Community
bradwhiteuk

Resource Archiver 2019 Black Screen

Posted (edited)

Hi.

When I start the FM19 Resource Archiver I just get a black screen. I can move the cursor, which changes appearance over what I assume are buttons on the right side, but there's no functionality.

This is a fresh install of the Resource Archiver which I have never installed or tried to use before today. I've seen suggestions to try deleting the "Caches" and "Preferences" folders from "This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > ~My Name~ > AppData > Local > Sports Interactive > Resource Archiver 2019", but this has no effect.

It appears @the_postie is having the same issue, and others seem to be having the same sort of issue with editor utilities:

Edited by bradwhiteuk

I found a temporary expedient.

Just use 18 versions of the Resource Archiver.

It works well.

10 horas atrás, Kodiak disse:

I found a temporary expedient.

Just use 18 versions of the Resource Archiver.

It works well.

I tried that yesterday, but it didn't open the 2018 resource archive. It appeared some error message, I can't remember what it said.

Nothing. Having played FM since the CM 91/92 years, this is the lowest point this game has ever hit. I don't think they know how to fix this.

Another fix has been released, but resource archive still doesn't work. This is getting ridiculous!!!!

I'm having the same issue, was trying to edit the match sounds.cfg (to add some different crowd noise) but my resource archiver will not work, just getting a black screen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the resource archiver to no avail.

Glad I searched for this issue,  I was about to do a full uninstall and reinstall of FM19.

Looks to be fixed with a recent update, thanks! For the benefit of other users, I didn't require a reinstall of the resource archiver.

It'd be good if someone else here can confirm the fix so the mods know to close this thread.

hello 

I have found a solution for the black screen on resource archiver,

goto the user/name/appdata/local/sportsinteractive/resource archive 19 and delete the cache file,

job done