Optimal Pre-Season

In November of my 3rd season and getting a lot of jaded players this time around. What can do I do during pre-season(or during breaks) to build players fitness and ensure good conditioning throughout the year? 

Playing as Man Utd

For me, I try to play a slate of 8-10 friendlies (no matter size of club I play, but mine are all smaller than ManU) with weekends at home and midweek on the road. I rotate the entire 11 at halftime (trying to avoid injury mostly). Typically, I don't play stronger competition, since beside fitness I am looking to build morale going into the season (and make sure the tactical familiarity gets squared away).  Just doing that without a lot of other tweaking seems to have my club ready fitness wise for the season.

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

For me, I try to play a slate of 8-10 friendlies (no matter size of club I play, but mine are all smaller than ManU) with weekends at home and midweek on the road. I rotate the entire 11 at halftime (trying to avoid injury mostly). Typically, I don't play stronger competition, since beside fitness I am looking to build morale going into the season (and make sure the tactical familiarity gets squared away).  Just doing that without a lot of other tweaking seems to have my club ready fitness wise for the season.

I do the same thing, but we had the Euro's this summer and most of my players were involved. So they come back jaded from all the games at the start anyways. Int'l football screws me!

Archived