Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Crashes since 19.3.0 Update - READ ME

Okay we believe the majority of issues are being caused by problems with graphics card drivers.

For those of your with ATI/AMD or Nvidia graphics cards, we'd suggest removing your graphics card drivers entirely then reinstalling them to the latest as shown via our FAQ entry here - 

Some users on AMD/ATI and Nvidia have found that rolling back to a previous version of their graphics card drivers has helped. So as a temporary workaround you may want to try going to your system manufacturers website and using the drivers available from there to see if that helps. 

For those of you running with only Intel cards please move over onto our public beta version as instructed here and it should stop the crashes - 

We would also recommend all affected users delete their cache and preferences folders as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r615

In regards to a fix from our end, we're still investigating. Looking at the Steam statistics, the vast majority of users (and even users with exactly the same system setups) are able to play the game without this issue - we had over 60,000 playing simultaneously last night. We're currently in the position where we're trying to reproduce it internally (which so far we haven't been able to do) and using the gathered information to deduce just why this is affecting those of you seeing this problem.

We do completely understand the frustration from those users who have experienced this and as you can see, we're trying to post fairly regular updates and we're absolutely not ignoring this issue. All we can do right this second is apologies for the inconvenience and assure users that we're hopeful we can find a solution as soon as possible. 

Hi Neil,

It did not solve the problem, still crashes with Public Beta. Dont you guys have an any rollback procedure ?

4 minutes ago, gkhngns89 said:

Hi Neil,

It did not solve the problem, still crashes with Public Beta. Dont you guys have an any rollback procedure ?

Have you restarted Steam since selecting the public beta? Did it definitely update to a new version for you? 

Okay thanks for the clarification and apologies for the inconvience. 

We are investigating the issue with upmost priority and will look to provide a solution as soon as possible. 

Driver procedure didn't solve...

Beta procedure didn't solve...

Next step please!

Uninstall? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Can those who have tried both a graphics driver reinstall and moved onto the public beta without it working please do as follows:

Post your dxdiag, details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r619/

If you’re running any kind of anti-virus program, please state what type.

With this info we can see if there’s something linking affected users which will help us diagnose the problem. Thanks. 

I updated Ndivia, and only have Windows Defender, and Resource Archiver only shows a black screen.

Bonjour, 

Je rencontre également un problème de crash dump sur football manager 2019. J'ai essayé en désactivant l'antivirus. J'ai également désinstallé puis réinstallé le jeu. Cela se produit depuis la dernière mise à jour du jeu. Je vous poste mon DxDiag :

DxDiag.txt

Je ne sais pas si mon problème peut se régler de la même manière que celui de ce topic. Merci pour votre aide. 

1 hour ago, paconaifas said:

I updated Ndivia, and only have Windows Defender, and Resource Archiver only shows a black screen.

Can you post your dxdiag please as stated above? Thanks. 

Why did you ask for our diag.txt as the problem was caused by us?

You always blame on our PC's and our Video Boards... Can't you see that the problem was caused by the Update?

That's so simple...just say: "Ok, we did something wrong here and will sort it out"

Would be so "cute"

Are we going to play tonight???

2 saat önce, Neil Brock said:

And your anti-virus version?

I don't use anti virus. Never.

Posted (edited)

Same problems here. I downloaded a new graphic card and I've updated my DirectX, no results on both beta and the main game. Here's my DxDiag, I use Microsoft Security Essentials as antivirus, please give us a solution!

DxDiag.txt

Edited by YahtzeeYahtzee

Neil, it is to much bla bla bla, we just need a patch to solve that... i have u19 national teams and brazil and argentina in superclassico de las americas ****ed up, they cant select players there... i wont do nothing to drives, your work is to make a pacth to make all this work

I have every single updated driver and it ain't done nothing it is the game not driver's this is a joke its unbelievable the game get's worse every year 

Seems working fine with me, AMD Radeon drives 19.1.1

10 minutos atrás, gkhngns89 disse:

Good night SI team..

they wont reply, as they are working on the patch to fix the CRASH DUMP WEEKEND lol

Hi everyone, while this is less than ideal, I have gotten around this issue by going on the public beta AND reverting to the oldest driver I could find for my graphics card (AMD Radeon VII). Uninstalling/reinstalling driver didn't work, but going to the one from 2 updates ago did. In case it helps anyone else until they find a permanent fix.

Hello guys.

When I try to start the Resource Archiver 2019 I just see a black screen, It's seems that everything is ok with the program (I can feel the menus in the screen), but it's all black so it's impossible to work with it. Any solution?

Thank you!

Hey, Neil.

I've got what seems to be another problem, but it also came with the update, so it might be relevant.

First of all, I have Windows 10 and have my laptop connected with a TV via HDMI cabel with using two screens. People who uses it already know that with Windows 10 it's already pain in the ass.

So, the problem with the game starting occurs when the TV is the main screen. It freezes during the loading scren, however there's no error window, just freeze. When the main screen is a laptop or I simply disconect TV the game launches fine. 

More misteriously, I cannot launch Pre-Game editor. It's like what DonSk wrote about RA, just the black screen with windows header. And it's that with any screen setup.

DxDiag.txt

Same for me this loads for 30 seconds then get a error message. Worked fine until I did the update now I can't play at all and looks like fm19 is over for me :( 

IMG_3087.JPG

Come on guys, give us some feedback please. The problem it's the update, not our pcs!!!!

Can you guys advise on this? The new update caused all sort of problems!

Façam uma nova actualização para corrigir os erros que antes da actualização não havia problemas nenhuns 

Dont know if this helps or has any meaning but if I disable 1 of my graphics drivers then the game loads up and plays but it very very very slow 

Rolled back my Intel driver. Game plays but it's very slow. 

the problem with the game starting occurs when the TV is the main screen. It freezes during the loading scren, however there's no error window, just freeze.  I cannot launch Pre-Game editor. It's like what DonSk wrote about RA, just the black screen with windows header. And it's that with any screen setup.

I believe Neil and the team are working as hard as they can on this but do need time to make sure any fix is stable. As they’re dealing with digital content, under the Consumer Rights Act, they have one opportunity to repair the update before anyone can claim a refund