Looking to create a tactic for a Liverpool save

Hi,

I'm looking to start a liverpool save now that the winter update has been released and I want to create a new tactic. This is mainly because in the past the ME changes have had an impact on the tactic I've created.

One of the first things I'm thinking (and I'd be interested in your thoughts on this) is that Liverpool's midfield lacks balance for the system I want to create.

In an ideal world I would like to play a 4-1-2-3. The 2 best CM's are natural B2B midfielders and the 2 wide men are natural inside forwards. In this system I would prefer different roles for each wide player to mix it up a little. Even if I went with 2 inside forwards wouldn't the B2B midfielders get in the way and attack similar spaces? Also, I couldn't play with 2 B2B midfielders and 2 inside forwards, could I?

It's a quality squad we have but I want to use a system and roles that best suit the players i have. What system and roles do you see working best for this squad? Not overly concerned about style yet as I will look to implement that when I've settled on formation and roles. Am I focusing too much on having natural roles in each area?

Thanks

40 minutes ago, BlairNo.1 said:

Also, I couldn't play with 2 B2B midfielders and 2 inside forwards, could I?

Sure you could, but as is the case in real life (according to the talking heads anyway), where's the creator?

53 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Sure you could, but as is the case in real life (according to the talking heads anyway), where's the creator?

Ok, so I could but I wouldn't likely get the desired outcome which would be a well balanced tactic.

Do you see any issue with a B2B and an inside forward on the same side? The other thought was 2 inside forwards with a B2B and an AP as the creator

Archived