Sports Interactive Community
prenty6

FM19 crashing at start up after Winter Update

Il 5/3/2019 in 22:28 , Neil Brock ha scritto:

May be worth trying this and seeing if it helps:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

This worked for me,thanks

Hello @Neil Brock @Hugo Mendes Albino

I have this problem now, I had it before but it went away after reinstalling the game, clearing cache and starting the game in the small screen mode but it has come back and doesn't work even after I have done those same things, I use a skin and some other downloadables but nothing they aren't new and the game worked with them before but today it just doesn't work. Can you help me? 

Here is my dxdiag

IMG_20190308_212857.jpg

14 hours ago, ThePietu said:

Hello @Neil Brock @Hugo Mendes Albino

I have this problem now, I had it before but it went away after reinstalling the game, clearing cache and starting the game in the small screen mode but it has come back and doesn't work even after I have done those same things, I use a skin and some other downloadables but nothing they aren't new and the game worked with them before but today it just doesn't work. Can you help me? 

Here is my dxdiag

IMG_20190308_212857.jpg

As a test remove all custom graphics/logos and skins and see if you encounter the same issue. Let us know, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

As a test remove all custom graphics/logos and skins and see if you encounter the same issue. Let us know, thanks. 

With the little testing I could do, it works without the custom things but only in the small screen mode. 

The same issue still comes when I go full screen but not on the small screen windowed mode but my sample size is too small to say anything conclusive about the small screen mode, hopefully it atleast works. 

Will try again later today when I have time. 

For those still with issue, and using nVidia board, try the driver 399.31

its working fine here, after a Format process, and a clean Windows 1809 version installation!

Cheers, and HEY, SI! You're horrible!

On 05/03/2019 at 10:40, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

We ask for your patience as we are still looking for a fix,

I don't have any of those cards and it doesn't work! I've a intel iris graphics 6100 1536 MB. this is inexclusable. always crashing during loading. please help!

MacBook Pro.spx

drumgoreckibass crash.rtf

Edited by drumgoreckibass

1 hour ago, drumgoreckibass said:

I don't have any of those cards and it doesn't work! I've a intel iris graphics 6100 1536 MB. this is inexclusable. always crashing during loading. please help!

MacBook Pro.spx 3.83 MB · 0 downloads

drumgoreckibass crash.rtf 59.72 kB · 0 downloads

So to confirm, for you it's crashing on the loading screen when you first launch the game? What exactly does the error message say? 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

So to confirm, for you it's crashing on the loading screen when you first launch the game? What exactly does the error message say? 

yes when i launch the game. errors: it's all in that rtf file I attached! it's quite long. i am on macOS.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 16.34.33.png

Edited by drumgoreckibass

2 hours ago, drumgoreckibass said:

yes when i launch the game. errors: it's all in that rtf file I attached! it's quite long. i am on macOS.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 16.34.33.png

Try this and see if it helps:

- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Try this and see if it helps:

- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

already did everything suggested by yourself. Now the game works normally. I think this new update has issues with custom skins. I can't use any anymore.

Still not working, still getting the error on loading screen, not happy with this as game worked fine before update and fm18 still works fine so it's not the laptops, either fix it for all or refund the ones that can't be fixed as not paying £35 for a game that I got 1 day out of playing. 

2 horas atrás, Brian woods disse:

Still not working, still getting the error on loading screen, not happy with this as game worked fine before update and fm18 still works fine so it's not the laptops, either fix it for all or refund the ones that can't be fixed as not paying £35 for a game that I got 1 day out of playing. 

Unfortunaly, you'll have to do what i did...Format the PC, Install Windows again, Update it til the last Update 1809, then, Install FM again...
it worked here, finally im playing again!

35 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

Unfortunaly, you'll have to do what i did...Format the PC, Install Windows again, Update it til the last Update 1809, then, Install FM again...
it worked here, finally im playing again

No I won't they made the mess and 2weeks later still no resolve, they either fix it or give money back, my laptop works fine as all my other games run fine Inc fm18 

Sadly today's 19.3.3 hasn't made a bit of difference and still crashes full screen... highly frustrating...

13 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Sadly today's 19.3.3 hasn't made a bit of difference and still crashes full screen... highly frustrating...

Hi can you attach your dxdiag on here so we can take a look at it for you please?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, chirikmax13 said:

How to turn the game back to full screen?

You can change to full screen via FM > Preferences > Window Mode & Resolution. Alternatively, you can press Alt + Enter key to change between full screen and window mode.

For those who are using a Nivida graphics card to run FM19, as a test can you try switching the Thread optimization to "Off" on your Nividia Control Panel, please? I would suggest only to apply this for the FM program via the Program Settings tab instead of the Global settings.

Let us know if it works, please.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Hi can you attach your dxdiag on here so we can take a look at it for you please?

Thanks.

Hi,

I shall do so once I am back home at my laptop.

I cannot understand how can an update be released without noticing such a common issue.

I understand, that some issues cannot be noticed at first glance, but this issue has really a lot of users and 11 days from the update release you don't have any solution for this.

That's really sad and a lot of us cannot play the game - the game for which we btw paid 50 or 60 €.

And that's not all…you updated the Touch version and also there we have the same issue.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Have you ever posted your crash dump file on here @JR866Gunner?

Also, does deleting caches and preferences folder helps? - 

Hello,

Not the crash dump file itself no. Would you like me to include it?

Just now, JR866Gunner said:

Hello,

Not the crash dump file itself no. Would you like me to include it?

Please, that would be great.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

I'll be playing tonight so that shouldnt be an issue. I've got a few! :)

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Have you ever posted your crash dump file on here @JR866Gunner?

Also, does deleting caches and preferences folder helps? - 

To add, I did try the cache clearing before my driver reinstall etc and that hadn't worked. I even reinstalled the game too but that was not successful.

Will aim to upload the dmp files asap :)

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

As promised.

There are two. First one I experienced on 19.3.2 after I hadnt played for a while and then my most recent attempt at switching to full screen view again but this time it's on 19.3.3. 

Can you let me know please once you have them and can analyse them?

Nothing had changed with my setup and worked perfectly well prior to the winter update.. I'm thankful for FMM19 for my fix albeit only scratches a small itch.

FM 2019 v19.3.3.1202861 (2019.03.11 20.21.08).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.08 20.50.52).dmp

17 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Anything new? Has my recent upload shed any new light?

It looks like it's directly related to the AMD/ATI drivers running on your system. First of all would be worth trying again in the public beta version 19.3.4 which you can access by following the instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/455051-joining-the-football-manager-2019-public-beta/

If that still doesn't help, we would suggest completely uninstalling your drivers and driver software (so Catalyst Control Centre) and reinstalling as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r625/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It looks like it's directly related to the AMD/ATI drivers running on your system. First of all would be worth trying again in the public beta version 19.3.4 which you can access by following the instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/455051-joining-the-football-manager-2019-public-beta/

If that still doesn't help, we would suggest completely uninstalling your drivers and driver software (so Catalyst Control Centre) and reinstalling as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r625/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Hello I shall try the 19.3.4 update but to reiterate I have already tried full driver removal and installation.

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for the clarification - let us know how you get on with 19.3.4. 

Well, I am pleased to report 19.3.4 has let me choose full screen mode!! Thanks! I'll come out of beta when this drops officially.