Sports Interactive Community
prenty6

FM19 crashing at start up after Winter Update

Was just looking in this thread (i dont have the crash) but some people are really bitching about the FM team

Do you really think the FM team like unhappy customers? They are doing everything they can to fix this!

10 minutes ago, MrGizMo said:

Was just looking in this thread (i dont have the crash) but some people are really bitching about the FM team

Do you really think the FM team like unhappy customers? They are doing everything they can to fix this!

When the game is a beta for the first 5 months of its release every year people have a right to bitch about it. 

Not worth purchasing until April when it's a few quid on steam.

43 minutes ago, jpap13 said:

@Neil Brock what is going on?

We're still investigating. As stated above the vast majority of users (and even users with exactly the same system setups) are able to play the game without this issue, so we're currently in the position where we're trying to reproduce it internally (which so far we haven't been able to do) and using the gathered information to deduce just why this is affecting those of you seeing this problem.

A user above has found that rolling back to an earlier version of their graphics card drivers has helped, so in the meantime whilst you wait for updates it may be worth trying that via either the AMD/ATI, Nvidia or your system manufacturers website.

We do completely understand the frustration from those users who have experienced this and as you can see, we're trying to post fairly regular updates and we're absolutely not ignoring this issue. All we can do right this second is apologies for the inconvenience and assure users that we're hopeful we can find a solution as soon as possible. 

11 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We're still investigating. As stated above the vast majority of users (and even users with exactly the same system setups) are able to play the game without this issue, so we're currently in the position where we're trying to reproduce it internally (which so far we haven't been able to do) and using the gathered information to deduce just why this is affecting those of you seeing this problem.

A user above has found that rolling back to an earlier version of their graphics card drivers has helped, so in the meantime whilst you wait for updates it may be worth trying that via either the AMD/ATI, Nvidia or your system manufacturers website.

We do completely understand the frustration from those users who have experienced this and as you can see, we're trying to post fairly regular updates and we're absolutely not ignoring this issue. All we can do right this second is apologies for the inconvenience and assure users that we're hopeful we can find a solution as soon as possible. 

Again the driver thing haha if that's the case why is it happening to people with Nvidia 'amd and intel  surly not all them different driver's are the problem 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

9 minutos atrás, jckc221013jamie disse:

Again the driver thing haha if that's the case why is it happening to people with Nvidia 'amd and intel  surly not all them different driver's are the problem 

the driver is the problem, not the broken update...ok!

i've tried 8 versions earlier of the nVidia driver and couldnt make it work...

can you at least point me which version of the driver will work?

7 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

the driver is the problem, not the broken update...ok!

i've tried 8 versions earlier of the nVidia driver and couldnt make it work...

can you at least point me which version of the driver will work?

OK

2 hours ago, toonben10 said:

When the game is a beta for the first 5 months of its release every year people have a right to bitch about it. 

Not worth purchasing until April when it's a few quid on steam.

You don't have the crash so it's unfair of you to comment. If the FM team didn't want unhappy customers they would have sorted the issue out 48hrs ago. Some of us play FM over the weekend after a busy working week and to have that taken away by them not doing their job correctly is extremely infuriating! 

19 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Those on early Intel models are affected by a code-based problem we're aware of by moving onto the public beta. We'll put this fix out into the full retail version soon.

The majority of people on Nvidia and AMD don't have any problems whatsoever. However there are some users experiencing issues related to the update which from the crash dump files suggest it's tied into the Steam Overlay and GPU drivers. Until we're able to diagnose what specifically is causing this, our recommendation would be to look at your drivers and settings to see if, as a temporary workaround, changes will help as other users have reported this has been the case. 

Just to reiterate, we are still investigating why this issue is affecting some users on these GPUs, but are offering suggestions for workarounds until we're able to provide more information. Apologies if that's unclear.

11 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Those on early Intel models are affected by a code-based problem we're aware of by moving onto the public beta. We'll put this fix out into the full retail version soon.

The majority of people on Nvidia and AMD don't have any problems whatsoever. However there are some users experiencing issues related to the update which from the crash dump files suggest it's tied into the Steam Overlay and GPU drivers. Until we're able to diagnose what specifically is causing this, our recommendation would be to look at your drivers and settings to see if, as a temporary workaround, changes will help as other users have reported this has been the case. 

Just to reiterate, we are still investigating why this issue is affecting some users on these GPUs, but are offering suggestions for workarounds until we're able to provide more information. Apologies if that's unclear.

im sure that the SI team is investigating, but im very frustrated cos every single tip to fix that are not working to me...sadly!

i have 2 video boards, and its not working with any of them (Intel and nVidia)
roll back drivers didnt worked...
Steam Overlay didnt worked...
Public Beta fix didnt worked...

i count on the SI team, but didnt have a rollback update option is really bad for an enterprise that sell games and release updates...
maybe is time to think about a rollback update system...

I have the same issue, update has meant i cannot even boot the game up.

Is this issue likely to be solved or am i simply not going to be able to play the game anymore?

I am really concerned as this i would think would be something you would be going all out to fix?

Edited by ZLATAN4

SI inboxed me to stop complaining. This behaviour is competely unacceptable

Hi Neil! I appreciate your effort with this. Have you got a rough idea of when the Intel fix will be put into the full version? Cheers

@Neil Brock For sure you should have the Earlier Updates in SI Headquarters, right?
what if you release the 19.2.1 patch as 19.3.1 update...so we can all play and have a lovely weekend?

Then, you'll have time to solve that issue...

Edited by jeff.fit82

FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.02 07.02.38).dmp

Same problem here.......did the update on the GPU....deleted the cache....nothing seems to work...only antivirus installed is the Windows one.......very frustrating weekend. I appreciate your efforts but really you should be better prepared....even the response time by SI is not a good one (not even a plan B). If you keep this up you will end up losing value to your company, let alone the loss of trust in your customers.

First issue i have ever had with FM in 25yrs or whatever it is so i am willing to be patient to a degree.

Is this the kind of thing that happens a lot?

1 minuto atrás, ZLATAN4 disse:

First issue i have ever had with FM in 25yrs or whatever it is so i am willing to be patient to a degree.

Is this the kind of thing that happens a lot?

HAHAHAHAHA, you're a lucky one then...

yeah, it happens a lot in the "FM & SI" World, but as i love the game i always come back hahaha...

Btw, is nice to have you here guys, we're having the same problem and we're together here waiting for a fix!! well done FM community!

15 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

HAHAHAHAHA, you're a lucky one then...

yeah, it happens a lot in the "FM & SI" World, but as i love the game i always come back hahaha...

Btw, is nice to have you here guys, we're having the same problem and we're together here waiting for a fix!! well done FM community!

Obviously had the odd one or two bugs but nothing that has completely stopped me playing.

In your opinion there will be a fix then sooner or later?

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Is their any chance a resolution can be found today?? Getting embarrassing for you guys now...

5 minutos atrás, ZLATAN4 disse:

Obviously had the odd one or two bugs but nothing that has completely stopped me playing.

In your opinion there will be a fix then sooner or later?

the "first aid kit" didnt helped...early fix didnt solved everyones problem, so i think it will take more time than expected...unfortunaly..

I think i found the problem. There are two graphic card on my computer, 1 AMD and 1 Intel. When i disable one of them and try to lunch the game there is no problem, the game is able to start. But another problem occured this time, CPU peaks and game runs very very slow. I tried/installed older versions of graphic card also tried with Public Beta. Nothing changed still very slow. 

Do you guys have 2 graphic cards on your computers also? maybe the SI team can do something about it. (you can see your graphic cards on "device manager" - "display adapters" )

@Neil Brock Is this make any sense to you ?

image.thumb.png.fae198eabe1f054fa78e3a56ee942648.png

41 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

the "first aid kit" didnt helped...early fix didnt solved everyones problem, so i think it will take more time than expected...unfortunaly..

Thanks for taking the time to reply buddy, appreciated.

I am flummoxed by the majority of the jargon i will be honest, just hoping for a patch to fix.

OK.............so I've got 2 "display adaptors".  AMD Radeon HD 8610G and AMD Radeon HD 8670M when I disable one of them (it doesn't matter which one) the game works but the pictures are incredibly slow and clunky and is not worth playing because that would be more frustrating than it is now.  Hope this helps guys, I'm keeping the faith!

What public beta Neil?? Why this not working also,, same crash dump happened again on public beta..this is not right, that we dont have that option to play before last update again..I did not asking you new update😋😎

@Shrotes i have an nVidia GeForce 940 MX,  and an Intel HD Graphics 620, when i disable one of them the game still didnt work...lol
no matter which one i disable, the game never works

Same for me as well as everyone else. Tried the public beta and it dosent work still. Wish I never downloaded the update! Just want to know if I will be able to play fm19 again even if I have to wait a week or so

4 hours ago, jpap13 said:

SI inboxed me to stop complaining. This behaviour is competely unacceptable

The moderating team messaged you to state:

"Your frustration about issues after the last update is completely understood, but your last 13 posts have all been the same and are asking for information that clearly the SI staff cannot give you at the moment.  They have acknowledged the issue and are for sure working on it, so please stop posting the same comments as this is not achieving anything."

Please don't make false statements about what has and hasn't happened. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Carlf788 said:

Same for me as well as everyone else. Tried the public beta and it dosent work still. Wish I never downloaded the update! Just want to know if I will be able to play fm19 again even if I have to wait a week or so

Yes, you'll be able to play FM19 again - as said we're investigating the issue but don't have an ETA on when we'll be able to advise further yet. We're hopeful it'll be relatively soon. 

hello!! is there any way i can reinstall fm without the last update?? 

@Neil Brock how many days do you guys need investigate and how many for writing a fix and how many for release ? investigation : 2 days . nice job SI team.

I do not understand that why you just do not release old version for those who affected so we can play.

Buying FM is over for me from now on. Poor technical support, poor communication, poor release managent.  Admit that you just f.cked up with it.

14 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yes, you'll be able to play FM19 again - as said we're investigating the issue but don't have an ETA on when we'll be able to advise further yet. We're hopeful it'll be relatively soon. 

Ok thanks appreciate that you are working on it. I'm happy to wait patiently just as long as I know I can play it again in the near future :)

8 minutes ago, gkhngns89 said:

@Neil Brock how many days do you guys need investigate and how many for writing a fix and how many for release ? investigation : 2 days . nice job SI team.

I do not understand that why you just do not release old version for those who affected so we can play.

Buying FM is over for me from now on. Poor technical support, poor communication, poor release managent.  Admit that you just f.cked up with it.

We can't release a previous version currently as it would mean all saves which have since been saved in 19.3.0 (even if they were created earlier) or first started in that version would no longer be compatible. 

Yes Neil, but you can release old update and problem is solved..this is solution, we, who can't play anymore will download old update..and other people who play with new update, they can continue to play..on the end I think that SI only try to make us even hungrier for playing this great game, by reducing our playing time at the moment..great reverse psychology!

6 minutes ago, Shiningxxx1 said:

Yes Neil, but you can release old update and problem is solved..this is solution, we, who can't play anymore will download old update..and other people who play with new update, they can continue to play..on the end I think that SI only try to make us even hungrier for playing this great game, by reducing our playing time at the moment..great reverse psychology!

Hahha im gagging for a game like! 

There is a saying in the Balkans.. When the people cease to complain, and the king continues to steal the grain, then the king will yield to the people. So it is here;)

1 hour ago, Shiningxxx1 said:

Understand what you mean, but i don't think a downgrade is possible.. 

I thought you are serious company, and you can't allow yourself something like this to happen. People who bought game for money can't play it. It's not free to play. You act like this is your first game and you started making games yesterday. 

Soy español y es una pena la cantidad de personas en España que tampoco podemos jugar. No responden al correo electrónico y no hemos podido jugar desde el viernes. ¿Cuándo es la solución? Por favor, deja de decir que el problema está en los gráficos y el controlador.