Sports Interactive Community
prenty6

FM19 crashing at start up after Winter Update

Game is crashing st start up after installing the Winter Update. I have followed all steps on the FAQs, including deleting cache & preferences, removing custom files, verifying game files and completely deleting/uninstalling the game & files and then reinstalling. Error dump and screenshot attached.

FM screenshot.png

FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 17.31.28).dmp

Thanks for your dxdiag, by any chance you have another crash dump file?

Thank you.

Thank you. This could be casued by anti-virus detecting the update as a threat, I would suggest you try following the instruction from the FAQ entry below to see if it solves the issue first, please. 

Let us know how you get on, thank you.

Posted (edited)

Same problem and the game is in the exclusion of antivirus
And all the crash dumps that I have are from today

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.01 - 14.40.16.90.png

DxDiag.txt

FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 14.36.33).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 14.37.01).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 14.40.06).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 15.05.08).dmp

Edited by uriel13

I’ve tried deleting custom workshop files, uninstalling the game and re installing, my game isn’t affected by antivirus but nothing has fixed the issue

I turned off antivirus, uninstalled reinstalled and still no joy. Running WIndows Defender only.

Having the same problem, already did everything that you recommended but nothing worked, even made exceptions in the antivirus and reinstalled the game, still not working. All these crash files are for every time I tried to log after every step.

FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 12.50.25).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 13.06.33).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 11.49.50).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 12.12.55).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 12.29.01).dmp

8 minutes ago, Nirmal said:

Have tried all of these steps as well. Same error message pops up no matter what I try.

Hey guys,

Could you please follow the steps below:

1) Uninstall FM and clear your cache/preferences folder.

2) Disable your antivirus.

3) Reinstall FM.

4) Re enable your antivirus.

Cheers,

Hugo

Already tried this. Same issue is still occurring.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hey guys,

Could you please follow the steps below:

1) Uninstall FM and clear your cache/preferences folder.

2) Disable your antivirus.

3) Reinstall FM.

4) Re enable your antivirus.

Cheers,

Hugo

As I said before, already did all of this.

Edited by Nirmal

Hey guys,

We are aware of this issue and are working towards a fix,

It is under review,

We ask for your patience as we figure out what is happening,

Cheers,

Hugo

4 minutes ago, James Manager said:

Having this problem too... Is it my computer or is it a bug?

Seems to be a bug, they are working on a fix now. Possibly worth trying the steps above while you wait in case they work for you.

1 minute ago, prenty6 said:

Seems to be a bug, they are working on a fix now. Possibly worth trying the steps above while you wait in case they work for you.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.. Hope they fix it quick!

We have made an attempted fix and put it onto our Public Beta branch to see if it has worked. If you are being affected by the crash upon startup then we suggest moving onto the Public Beta build to see if it has fixed your issue.

Information on the Public Beta and how to access it can be found here - 

17 minutes ago, Olly Kenney said:

We have made an attempted fix and put it onto our Public Beta branch to see if it has worked. If you are being affected by the crash upon startup then we suggest moving onto the Public Beta build to see if it has fixed your issue.

Same issue persists when trying to use the public beta.

30 minutes ago, Olly Kenney said:

Hi, still same problem persists with the Public Beta. Can't you just rollback the version?

Sort it out SI! The problem isn't fixed (I've tried all of the above - MORE than once)! I'm only able to play a few hours a week, you are taking those away...

Just to confirm, when you moved over to the public beta the game updated again? Just to be sure can you try restarting Steam and checking again? 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to confirm, when you moved over to the public beta the game updated again? Just to be sure can you try restarting Steam and checking again? 

Yeah, I've tried - still the same! ): 

Do we know when it will be fixed? 

We’re investigating the issue currently and apologise for the inconvience caused.

We can’t state an exact time when we’ll be able to address this but understand the frustration it’s causing and are working on it with upmost priority.  

Well, we are waiting your solution and we know you will fix it but it is quite disappointing that right now you are making test operations on your production system and you do not have any rollback or backup procedure as it is affecting customers more than 5 hours.

6 minutes ago, gkhngns89 said:

Well, we are waiting your solution and we know you will fix it but it is quite disappointing that right now you are making test operations on your production system and you do not have any rollback or backup procedure as it is affecting customers more than 5 hours.

Especially on a friday night... This should be fixed with a simple update

1 hour ago, Olly Kenney said:

It works! At least the game launches)

Not for me! Trying constantly on beta and normal but nothing....

Same thing here. Neither the normal game nor the beta version works. Please do something weekend is coming....