Sports Interactive Community
withnail316

The Scandinavian Shankly's final chapter: From paupers to kings v2

UEFA Champions League

535123758_EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.376f9d6b7b51865ed3f80f24209f99ef.png

110880969_EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages.thumb.png.f753e2d3576795c7b6e42f44c9e32416.png

3rd place for the second year in a row, but with 9 points this time. Sure, it was disappointing that we had progression in our own hands up until the final game, but we're making huge progress. 

1638922762_Orebrobadge.thumb.jpg.70b15ae5352e611d508822fd72419dee.jpg

Örebro SK - Season summary - 2016

League (Allsvenskan)
Media prediction: 2nd
Finished: 1st (champions)

Cups
Svenska Cupen: eliminated at the group stage (won by Malmö FF)
Svenska Supercupen: winners

Europe
3rd in our Champions League Group, drop into the Europa League (2015/16 CL won by Manchester United)
2015/16 Europa League won by Marseille

Top scorers
Hervé Combe: 34 appearances (27 starts): 24 goals - 14 in the league
Pär Ericsson: 35 appearances (22 starts): 16 goals - 6 in the league
Dzmitry Rekish: 44 appearances (38 starts): 16 goals - 9 in the league

Top assists
Marcus Astvald: 23 in 45 games
Dzmitry Rekish: 15 in 44 games

Positives
So much to be happy about as far as this season is concerned. Outstanding in the league, really solid in Europe, lots of money in the bank and a squad which is getting stronger year by year. The board are also spending another €10m on our facilities this winter, so hopefully it's only a matter of time before the club starts bringing through our own youngsters. 

Concerns & disappointments
My biggest concern is the strength of the league, we seem to be leaving the big club's behind early on in the career, but while we aren't winning every game or every trophy, I won't worry about that too much. We still have an issue with homegrown (at the club) players, but we have half a dozen who'll qualify in the next two years. Oh, and our cup form wasn't great so perhaps my second XI isn't quite as strong as I thought, but again that's not a massive issue. 

Manager's player of the season
Hervé Combe has had a hell of a season, especially as it started really slowly. 24 goals for the 18 year old Frenchman is an excellent return, and I'm confident he'll continue to improve with game time.

Attendances: capacity of 14,400 (11,000 in all-seater competitions)
Lowest attendance: 6,505
Highest attendance: 12,432 
Average attendance: 10,151 (up from 9,131 last season)

Finances
€11,100,000 in credit

Very nearly made a Kevin Keegan style mistake last night. Those of us old enough to remember the 95/96 season will remember him signing the mercurial Tino Asprilla mid-season, while Newcastle were miles clear going for the league title. The problem was signing him meant they had to alter their style of play, and that uncertainty in turn allowed United to overhaul them. 

So what did I consider? Well, I've been playing 4-3-3, with two central midfielders and an anchor man behind them, since I arrived at the club. That idea encompasses the entire club from top to bottom, including the reserve and youth sides, with the idea being we have a conveyor belt of talent to select from in years to come. I haven't changed my formation once in all the time I've been here, although I have changed our mentality between "control" and "counter", depending on who we have played. Last night though, my scouts found this lad:

1776986550_AleksandarLjajic_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.7452be3eecf4f72fbd31ba0a568a0827.png

He's magnificent, and we agreed a record-breaking deal of €2.7m for him. However, his wages would cost us €10,000p/w, making him a new highest earner and increasing the contracts of two other players, while I'd also have to make other changes in the squad to prepare us for a new 4-2-3-1 system. I'd potentially have to sell three players - three excellent players, no less - in order for me to make that switch, plus I'd need cover for my new number 10. Considering how good the squad is and how balanced it is, I think that number of changes would be problematic rather than beneficial to the club as a whole. 

Horrifyingly, I think I'm going to have to pull out of the deal. But *look at him*!

Or just retrain him as a central midfielder, he's already pretty comfortable there :brock:

41 minutes ago, endtime said:

Or just retrain him as a central midfielder, he's already pretty comfortable there :brock:

I agree with this. He could be your version of De Bruyne or Silva, a number 10 playing as an 8. 

But I think the impact on wages may be enough to be a deal breaker.

51 minutes ago, endtime said:

Considered it, but I'm not breaking my transfer record and wage structure to retrain somebody. Centre midfield is our strongest area, and he'd only be my third best CM in time, so it isn't really the right deal. 

Pity. 

20 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

I agree with this. He could be your version of De Bruyne or Silva, a number 10 playing as an 8. 

But I think the impact on wages may be enough to be a deal breaker.

1034134783_MichaelDickey_OverviewProfile-3.thumb.png.4d53040546079756db7b290f7bc057d1.png

This lad fills that role, and I have no intention of letting him leave any time soon!

The wages do put me off, yep. The club can afford it *now*, but I don't want to let the bill spiral too much considering we aren't bringing in huge sums either in prize/TV money or transfers. 

508481552_Orebrobadge.thumb.jpg.c0ced41c998a9cd53450acc529aeba1e.jpg

Örebro SK season preview 2017(Allsvenskan)

Media expectation: 2nd (of 16)
Board expectation: challenge for the title

Transfer budget (remaining): €4.75m
Wage budget: €245,000p/w (€100,000p/w under budget)

Pre-season has arrived then, and we're looking pretty good for the new campaign. The board's expectations of a title challenge continue to be reasonable, and once again they have no interest in either the cup or Super Cup. We do have a bit of an issue for pre-season however - the players came back at the earliest date I was given, yet that is still less than two weeks before we meet Stuttgart in the Europa League. I suspect we'll be very undercooked by the time that game comes around. The good news is there is no expectation of progression there anyway, either from me or the board, so it shouldn't be a huge issue. My personal targets are slightly greater - win the league, qualify for the group stage of either competition, and preferably progress a little further in the Cup. 

The board have continued to invest in the club's infrastructure, with another €10m being spent on youth and training facilities. Unfortunately, we don't own the stadium (and are unable to buy it) so there won't be any improvements in that area just yet, but right now the ground is just about big enough. A few more sell-outs though, and maybe the city will have to consider an expansion, as it can get up to 18,000. We are several years away from any thoughts of a new home, however. 

This winter has been very quiet in terms of transfers. No players have left the club on permanent transfers, although I have let a young prospect go on loan. Danish defender Andreas Wind Geertsen arrived from AaB in his homeland for €350,000, but he'll get regular football at Kalmar FF while continuing to become homegrown in Sweden.  You've already seen the biggest new arrival, Brazilian defender Julio David, who arrived for €1m. Two youngsters join him (both are on the previous page) but I've also made a couple of deals for the summer. One of our weakest areas is in goal, so it's time to replace Ole Söderberg, who was my first signing at the club. The man who will get the job is Dutchman Stan de Haan, who arrives on a free in July. Also coming in over the summer is winger Marcelo Paz. The Argentine is currently on loan in Denmark, but he'll cost us just €850,000 from Velez Sarsfield when the summer window opens. 

1964437974_StandeHaan_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.26b48e284ca7987324a120b439319065.png1471873841_MarceloPaz_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.d7ebc794f6beb6a85367cf1fbb028c4f.png

Europa_League_Logo.thumb.jpg.bfb4699ae2ec56132d21d00ee3eddbdb.jpg

UEFA Europa League
Round of 32

1st Leg: Stuttgart 3-1 Örebro SK
The trip to Germany was always going to be tough, especially as we weren't even close to being match fit, and in the end I was happy that we weren't completely out of the tie by full time. Defensively we had a bit of a shocker, and two errors either side of half time saw us two down after 50 minutes. A peach of a free kick made it three with 15 to play, and when the ball was in the net a fourth time a few minutes later, that looked like that. Fortunately, their celebrations were cut short by a lino's flag, and deep into stoppage time, Tinguinha's header gave us some hope for the second leg. 

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 2-1 Stuttgart
Sadly there is no progression this year, but we certainly put up a fight on our own patch. Another error meant we had a mountain to climb after just four minutes, but from there on we took complete control. Hervé Combe levelled on the night after 28 minutes, combining with Rekish and drilling home from 16 yards. We continued to press and gave ourselves hope with 13 to play, when Marco Rojas drilled home from distance, but we couldn't find the third to take it to extra time, and the Germans progress to meet Arsenal in the last 16. 

still a good attempt. Can only get better with all the young prospects you have.

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

still a good attempt. Can only get better with all the young prospects you have.

Yeah, not down by our elimination at all. It's not like they hammered us. 

Another windows 10 update, another crash dump. Like night following day...

March

1747874394_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-4.thumb.png.ef339d91a8525ccf54b7ca5192921bfe.png
683021937_SwedishCup_OverviewProfile-3.png.3bc228d7769d02fc7d3e2347fd32fcb2.png

A much better cup campaign this year, and we're safely into the quarter finals. It's not all good news though - Renato Augusto got injured in the Super Cup final (which we won on penalties) and will miss the first three months of the season. 

Definitely having a few issues with homegrown rules, so I expect a quiet summer unless I sell one of my main overseas players. Michael Dickey becomes homegrown at the end of this season, and a couple of others will over the course of 2018, but it's a little bit tricky.

I have an 18 year old French DM, who is already better than my Swedish back up DM, but I'm struggling to get him into a match day squad with the rules in place. In a way, Norway was easier on that front. Sure, you could only have 9 in total, while there's no overall squad limit in Sweden, but you could select any of your players on a match day. 

I spoke too soon. The summer break is now here, and several players have told me they want to move to a bigger club. The most notable is club record signing Remato Augusto, who has several clubs tracking him despite a €10m price tag.

I'd like to think we can get €6-7m for him. 

And so Renato Augusto is on his way. I offered him out at an ambitious €10m (+ 50% of his next sale) and turned down six offers ranging between €3m and €4.5m, but Norwegian champions Vålerenga offered €6.5m. That's a profit of €5m from what we paid. 

He isn't the only Brazilian to leave. Defender Julio David might have only been here 9 months, but he was attracting interest from the Middle East. He's off to Al-Sadd for a then-record €2.8m. 

I'm hoping to use most of that money on another facility upgrade, especially as I don't believe we need to look outside the club for replacements.

Just a little note on some player development. This is Hervé Combe, soon after we signed him nearly two years ago:

181333448_HervCombe_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.ec9e8f79baed444501999b56d47a25e8.png

This is him now:

2005365746_HervCombe_OverviewAttributes-2.thumb.png.3e26eb96c7a0e758e7d46d7a530bb2e3.png

He's going to be an absolute monster.

May, June & early July

940878976_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-10.thumb.png.3295a6082abe657fc8635326ff20f00a.png

1626337283_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-4.thumb.png.3aa626f1e0d4e3db52f70e0dac1e3e48.png

A first Swedish Cup in the bag, and just one defeat in the league thus far means we're on for another successful season. It'll be interesting to see how we adapt to losing both Renato Augusto and Julio David, both of whom were really important players for us. We've also lost a couple of squad players, as both Andreas Linde and Denni Avdic have been moved on for a total of €230,000. Both were excellent squad players, but neither could break into the first team. That means we've recalled ex Chelsea youngster Nkonzo Mpangase from his loan in Norway. He's pretty solid, although I'm not planning to use him much. 

467352780_NkonzoMpangase_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.954db68dd1cd1ef44d6e2e0301bb1a23.png

Posted (edited)

Some more transfer news. As I reported earlier, New Zealand winger Marco Rojas has asked for a move away from the club. We picked him up on a free last June, but he had a release clause of (a then-huge) €3m in his contract, and he was being monitored by Italian clubs. With a new winger arriving imminently (Argentine Marcelo Paz was signed in the winter but couldn't move until the end of his loan deal) I listed him for the price of his buy-out, which was met by Derby County. However, my other left winger, Dzmitry Rekish, has also been linked with a move away. I think we could get a decent fee for him too, so when this lad was released by PSG, it seemed like everything was falling into place:

1060134862_Jean-ChristopheBahebeck_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c6d510d8fe7e8d8a198f558d4351d307.png

It's weird to be signing players I know of IRL at this early stage in Sweden, but we're making excellent progress. The Frenchman also has a buy-out in his contract, but at €10m, I don't anticipate any issues there for a good while yet!

EDIT: Rekish has left us but stayed in Sweden. He's joined Malmö FF for €800,000. 

Edited by withnail316

1672677024_ChampionsLeaguelogo.thumb.jpg.edef03a55b5909d7807b91788584a1e6.jpg

UEFA Champions League
2nd qualifying round

1st Leg: FC Levadia Tallin 0-8 Örebro SK
I thought our trip to Estonia might be fairly routine, but I didn't expect a club-record victory. We tore them to pieces, with goals from Rojas (3), Fernandes (2), Ericsson, Combe and Ibrahim. 

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 5-0 FC Levadia Tallin
Another battering for our visitors sees us one round away from guaranteed European football. Holmberg, Haginge, Rojas and Combe (2) with the goals. We'll meet HJK Helsinki in the third qualifying round. 

1286936298_ChampionsLeaguelogo.thumb.jpg.534f8f42dcf589d752c4e5b715ff4af3.jpg

UEFA Champions League
3rd qualifying round

1st Leg: HJK Helsinki 0-3 Örebro SK
While we didn't play brilliantly, two Combe goals in the first half knocked the stuffing out of our hosts, and Marcus Astvald's late free kick surely puts us in the play off.

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 0-0 HJK Helsinki
Poor display, but largely irrelevant. We'll meet Hapoel Tel-Aviv in the play off round. Could be much worse. 

Another youngster who is kicking on since we signed him. A great deal for €220,000 last winter. I just need to find a way of getting him regular football. 

1049254935_HannesHassan_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.9bc44e30e2cd58356bdf88e73b70cacf.png

1585630021_ChampionsLeaguelogo.thumb.jpg.046dd6b8b84fa2f848436eaa814ba637.jpg

UEFA Champions League
Play offs

1st Leg: Örebro SK 4-0 Hapoel Tel Aviv
First legs don't get much better than this. Michael Dickey had us in front after just 2 minutes, curling home a free kick from 20 yards. Tinguinha powered home a header for 2-0 after 33 minutes, with Dickey supplying the assist that time, and on 61 minutes the Israeli outfit looked dead and buried, when Dario Fernandez finished off a quick break from close range. Jean-Christophe Bahebeck's first goal for the club was the icing on the cake. 

2nd Leg: Hapoel Tel Aviv 0-3 Örebro SK
We were meant to be outsiders for this tie, according to the bookies. Well done, lads. Holmberg, Combe and a first for Paz meant an early penalty miss from young Hannes Hassan made no difference at all to the tie. 

We'll meet Bayern, PSG and CSKA Moscow in the group stage. Once again, I'll be targeting third in the group. 

On another note, we now have almost €30m in the bank and no debt. Utterly ludicrous in Sweden. Just a pity we aren't ready for a new home yet. 

On 08/06/2019 at 15:46, withnail316 said:

Another windows 10 update, another crash dump. Like night following day...

So it's not just me? It's annoying having to reinstall the game ever time, though thankfully not very often. It doesn't effect other old versions like FM11.

32 minutes ago, deltablue said:

So it's not just me? It's annoying having to reinstall the game ever time, though thankfully not very often. It doesn't effect other old versions like FM11.

Definitely not just you, but I've found clearing the cache was enough to sort it the last couple of times. 

Youth intake 2017

56235430_rebroSKYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers-5.thumb.png.e456552fbc9103ca6414add0b2e2324f.png1408957972_NihadDacic_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.bca41192a836c81c8893d0c535c20f8b.png628507927_AdamAndersn_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.68c4f28c6b68422de92e67aee337588d.png1391651234_MarioSeixas_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a10179e99d7be9f4c1a27be16995222b.png

Five seasons now without anything to write home about in the youth intake. A little frustrating, but I'm sure it'll come good eventually. 

August & early September

1120287343_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-11.thumb.png.7faaaf76ba2a3a8e0968c0b197933380.png

977378096_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-9.thumb.png.25594c06eed20d61f72fd546e5e550b1.png

All looking very nice domestically, although we're about to get into a horrendous period where we play seven games in 17 days, so I'm not taking anything for granted just yet. I'm contemplating a change of style for next season too, as we should be scoring more goals. We may have a +30 goal difference, but that's because we've only conceded 11 in the league all season. I'll decide on that in the coming days, though. 

(I've decided I'm going to put all the Champions League Group games together in one final post of the season in future, hence why they're missing here)

Last weeks of the season

1980000568_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-12.thumb.png.23152ea2dc00d62d3d53943435255f7c.png

1117290201_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-10.thumb.png.e8e8124f1b8641e2f77f9f17c8f392b6.png

Despite the ludicrous fixture congestion, we've come through with flying colours to seal a league and cup double, and we're only four points off the record points haul for the league. In other news, the Allsvenskan now has two Champions League places, so Helsingborg will be joining us in the qualifying rounds. We will enter a round later next year too, meaning we only have two ties to get through. All in all, an excellent domestic campaign. 

1260353246_ChampionsLeaguelogo.thumb.jpg.5ef516c71563d8229bc78eef8fa7cc9b.jpg

UEFA Champions League
Group Stage

1021215406_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-13.thumb.png.f010096a6802eda0f7791f6624a5d228.png
674672358_EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewProfile.png.e9b81065b10f0e925860a66137d12223.png

Absolutely delighted with how this group has gone. OK, we've not managed to qualify for the last 16, but we really couldn't have done much more, and the home defeat to Bayern only came about thanks to a 93rd minute goal. We're getting closer, but I'm more than happy with 3rd at this stage of the club's progression. 

1362120304_Orebrobadge.thumb.jpg.0d69f3936d50d1fde0da2cd4cc37f6c1.jpg

Örebro SK - Season summary - 2017

League (Allsvenskan)
Media prediction: 2nd
Finished: 1st (champions)

Cups
Svenska Cupen: winners
Svenska Supercupen: winners

Europe
3rd in our Champions League Group, drop into the Europa League (2016/17 CL won by Chelsea)
2016/17 Europa League won by Schalke

Top scorers
Hervé Combe: 42 appearances (40 starts): 25 goals - 12 in the league
Pär Ericsson: 33 appearances (11 starts): 15 goals - 9 in the league
Marcus Astvald: 40 appearances (38 starts): 15 goals - 9 in the league
Dario Fernandez: 35 appearances (34 starts): 14 goals - 9 in the league

Top assists
Marcus Astvald: 20 in 40 games
Kalle Holmberg: 12 in 27 games

Positives
Another really positive season, and a first domestic double. We've played some good football, and our young players are only improving as they mature. I'm confident that we'll kick on again next season even if we don't strengthen in the winter window - and I'm planning a pretty quiet one at least in terms of incoming players. The board have once again agreed to upgrade our youth and training facilities, and so hopefully we'll be in a position where our youth intakes improve in the next year or two. However, even if they aren't, four of our players will become homegrown at the club before the Champions League group stage next season begins, which will make balancing the squad much easier. 

Concerns & disappointments
Nothing major at the club, although five years without any real quality in the youth intake is disappointing. Hopefully next year I have something to report there, otherwise it may be time to look for a new HoYD. Other than that, I can't really complain. 

Manager's player of the season
A hard choice this year, but with 15 goals and 20 assists from Marcus Astvald, I think he deserves it. 

Attendances: capacity of 14,400 (11,000 in all-seater competitions)
Lowest attendance: 8,188
Highest attendance: 14,400 (sell-out)
Average attendance: 11,172 (up from 10,151 last season)

Finances
€29,200,000 in credit

On 05/06/2019 at 14:41, withnail316 said:

Very nearly made a Kevin Keegan style mistake last night. Those of us old enough to remember the 95/96 season will remember him signing the mercurial Tino Asprilla mid-season, while Newcastle were miles clear going for the league title. The problem was signing him meant they had to alter their style of play, and that uncertainty in turn allowed United to overhaul them. 

So what did I consider? Well, I've been playing 4-3-3, with two central midfielders and an anchor man behind them, since I arrived at the club. That idea encompasses the entire club from top to bottom, including the reserve and youth sides, with the idea being we have a conveyor belt of talent to select from in years to come. I haven't changed my formation once in all the time I've been here, although I have changed our mentality between "control" and "counter", depending on who we have played. Last night though, my scouts found this lad:

1776986550_AleksandarLjajic_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.7452be3eecf4f72fbd31ba0a568a0827.png

He's magnificent, and we agreed a record-breaking deal of €2.7m for him. However, his wages would cost us €10,000p/w, making him a new highest earner and increasing the contracts of two other players, while I'd also have to make other changes in the squad to prepare us for a new 4-2-3-1 system. I'd potentially have to sell three players - three excellent players, no less - in order for me to make that switch, plus I'd need cover for my new number 10. Considering how good the squad is and how balanced it is, I think that number of changes would be problematic rather than beneficial to the club as a whole. 

Horrifyingly, I think I'm going to have to pull out of the deal. But *look at him*!

This transfer saga is going to reignite this winter. However, this time he is available on a free! Sure, I'll still have the wages issue, but I'm more comfortable dealing with that when I don't have a fee to cover, and I've already given out a few pay rises this winter, so his wage won't be that out of kilter with the rest of the squad.

I have agreed a contract worth €10,000p/w and a €10m release clause, which is decent business for the club. Also, I won't be changing my system to accommodate him. Instead I'll be retraining him as an AML. 

Posted (edited)

1448744365_Orebrobadge.thumb.jpg.20f082c79d9af98e907421f7b007ca01.jpg

Örebro SK season preview 2018(Allsvenskan)

Media expectation: 1st (of 16)
Board expectation: win the league

Transfer budget (remaining): €13,400,000
Wage budget: €320,000p/w (€170,000p/w under budget)

The lads are back for pre-season training after a mere six week break, and there is definitely a feeling of continuity about the place for the upcoming season. So much so, there is only likely to be one debutant in the side when the European tie comes around in the middle of February, yet he was signed a year ago, while I've also refrained from selling important players this winter, too. 

First up though, the board's expectations. This is the first year where both the board and the media have made us favourites to win the league, and I have no problem with being expected to win it. Once again, the board aren't interested in either the cup or the super cup, and Europe is just considered an adventure (at least until the summer.) Like the last couple of years, the board have invested heavily in our facilities with another €8m upgrade - that's pretty much €30m spent in the last three years. I really can't complain at that, and my players certainly seem to be coming on in leaps and bounds. Hopefully, we'll see a jump in our youth intake when September comes around, while I'm also hoping we get a few more sell-out crowds (14,400) this season, too. 

In terms of the squad, I've had a few tricky conversations with players upon their return. Former captain Patrick Haginge, who is now 32 and has made 233 league appearances for the club, was wanting to play more football. He's out of contract at the end of the season and had slipped to our fifth choice centre back, so I agreed to let him go and he's off to GAIS on loan for the year. I also sold three reserve players who have never quite been good enough to get in the first team squad for a total of €340,000. However, they weren't the only players looking to get away. Midfielder Michael Dickey and full backs Ernst Belmont and Tinguinha have all signed new contracts in the last few months, yet all have requested a move to a "bigger club". All three were rejected, and while I'm anticipating offers, all have release clauses with 8 figures in them, so I don't anticipate losing any before I decide to move them on. In an ideal world I'll keep all three, but we'll see what happens. 

I've also sent a few talented youngsters out on loan. Striker Nkonzo Mpangase needed to play first team football, so he's gone out to Vålerenga for the season (he scored 11 goals in 16 games during a loan spell in the Norway for the first half of last season, and I anticipate him being our second choice next season, so it will be good for him.) Also leaving is French goalkeeper Douglas Kabeye, who arrived on a free from PSG last summer. He's off on loan to Lens of Ligue 2. 

I've also loaned out new arrival Tobias Lorentzen, who arrived from Brøndby for €300,000. His first taste of Swedish football will be in the second tier, but if he develops like Andreas Wind Geertsen did last season, he may be playing first team football next season. Geertsen had a terrific year with Kalmar, guiding them to a European place and winning the young player of the year award, and he'll be straight into our back four this season. I've also agreed a loan deal for Jesus Rojas from Estudiantes in his homeland, although he is very much a back up option. Finally, as mentioned above, Aleksandar Ljajic arrives on a free in July. 

1786899004_TobiasLorentzen_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.39dbedc8abce47a9b38a20f4ea988485.png66832844_AndreasWindGeertsen_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.4fa6182e634843d21f7a41b249f728b9.png1787243150_JessRojas_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a03572352d05b95085a671c2daf8b953.png1052273805_AleksandarLjajic_OverviewProfile-3.thumb.png.4d73bdf4eb2ef8826bbcac2b17746bf0.png

Time for some friendlies then, before we meet Olympiakos in February in the Europa League. 

Edited by withnail316

Europa_League_Logo.thumb.jpg.319a34eb4f10a478ff43da9ac4e28c3d.jpg

UEFA Europa League
Round of 32

1st Leg: Olympiakos 1-1 Örebro SK
We were a long way from our best, but this is a very promising result. The 44 time Greek champions took advantage of some sloppy defending from a corner to open the scoring after 30 minutes, but their own defensive mix-up presented Combe with a chance to slot home a leveller after 67 minutes, and the Frenchman didn't need a second invite. 

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 3-0 Olympiakos
A dream of a second leg sees us safely through to the last 16. We were two up after 30 minutes thanks to Combe and Astvald, and when Wind Geertsen grabbed his first for the club after 62 minutes, progress was inevitable. 

We'll meet Sporting CP next. 

Europa_League_Logo.thumb.jpg.cf9b828a65852d0e008858c4a0bc9cee.jpg

UEFA Europa League
Last 16

1st Leg: Sporting CP 1-0 Örebro SK
So, so wasteful. I can't believe we lost the game considering the chances we created, but in truth it could have been worse. Firstly, they had a goal ruled out for offside, then Michael Dickey conceded a penalty (which Stan de Haan saved brilliantly) but they deserved the goal when it came. Still, we're in with a shout. 

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 4-0 Sporting CP (aet)
A glorious performance, but the score flatters us. The Swedish FA did us no favours and scheduled two cup ties for between these two legs, which were just seven days apart. Still, the lads responded brilliantly. Dario Fernandez levelled the tie after 65 minutes, the young German midfielder slotting home a perfect, defence-splitting pass from Combe, but extra time was where the dram came. Firstly, Sporting's towering defender Kara was sent off right on the stroke of half time in extra time, when the Senegal international picked up a second yellow. I made my final change straight after, bringing on Holmberg for Astvald, and the sub immediately set up Hannes Hassan to power home a close range header for 2-0. Combe buried a third with three minutes remaining, his third European goal of 2018, and Marcelo Paz then took full advantage of the acres of space Sporting gave him in stoppage time to thump home a fourth. 

We'll meet Tottenham in the Quarter Final, who I suspect will be far too strong for us, but who knows...

March

1926193937_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-14.thumb.png.1438f4e03d9fcb913b757d68d7da25de.png

1666479149_SwedishCup_OverviewProfile-4.png.16583794444357dafdda3d211f21114f.png

Another Super Cup in the bag (not that I really care about that, but still) in front of a sell-out crowd, and despite the ridiculous scheduling of these cup ties, we've sailed through the group. 

We'll meet BK Häcken at our place in the quarter final, although I won't be using my first XI. 

Europa_League_Logo.thumb.jpg.ef7d6c793f61678ea48a721a9262c0ff.jpg

UEFA Europa League
Quarter final

1st Leg: Tottenham Hotspur 4-2 Örebro SK
Ugh. Immensely frustrating as we played excellently, yet Spurs are now huge favourites. Twice we fought back from a goal down, with Marcus Astvald on the double, but we conceded a sloppy third tanks to a defensive error, and 6 minutes into stoppage time, they got the crucial fourth. To make matters worse, top scorer Combe is suspended for the second leg. 

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Unfortunately, we just had too much to do. Again we played really well, but we just couldn't quite put the ball in the net. We fall at the quarter final for the second time in three years. 

Early weeks of the season

1852244526_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-15.thumb.png.08b7eac200c1af4559b409dc0145b138.png
668343252_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-11.thumb.png.ace8cd1729487af971fe177ecc8204fa.png

A solid first few weeks of the season, just the two points dropped away at AIK, and another cup in the bag too. Really can't complain. It's now time to go looking for youth players who have been released by German and French clubs, which has already proven to be good hunting grounds for us. 

In further good news, the league now has two Champions League spots, and we now enter at the third qualifying round instead of the second. 

Proper update to come later, but almost every single one of my non-Swedish players is now looking to leave for a "bigger club". Fun, fun. 

Posted (edited)

Mid-summer break

210690923_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-16.thumb.png.127890d29c9471341b5f7282242925c2.png

1360583840_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-12.thumb.png.a37fc4aa17ba914710ed6ceef6b274d4.png

It feels like the season has only just begun, and yet here we are at the summer break, with both the cup and super cup in the bag, and a huge lead at the top of the league. When you consider we also have over €20m in the bank, everything looks glorious, doesn't it? However, SIX of my first XI are now seeking to move on to pastures new. I could probably make in excess of €30m selling them all, but that would decimate the team. The only one I'm definitely ready to sell is Jean-Christophe Bahebeck, to make room for new signing Aleksandar Ljajic, but I'm going to do what I can to hold onto the rest for now. 

I've also made a new signing for August. Malmö FF's Robin Andersson has scored 97 goals for them since he broke into their first team in 2014, but has fallen out with the management down there. I nearly signed him a couple of years ago but the time wasn't right for us. He was listed for just €550,000, and will provide competition for Hervé Combe. 

1661170466_RobinAndersson_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c1517edbe5617f49b8c278f6ee3586f1.png

Edited by withnail316

Posted (edited)

Decided last night that it just isn't worth trying to keep half a dozen players who don't want to be at the club. Two or three is perhaps feasible, but any more and it just becomes too frustrating. Therefore, I decided to bring in a couple of new signings, which will allow me to sell both Dario Fernandez and Tinguinha when the window opens next month. 

First up is defender Sophiane Boussebaine, who was transfer listed by Lille for just €400,000. It's a pity he's too old to become homegrown, but he is a steal at that price, so I have no worries at all selling Tinguinha.

663713088_SophianeBoussebaine_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.f422e0744212d594a23625473545f626.png

Next up is a new record signing. He was on loan in Norway from his Brazilian club, so I thought I'd have to wait until the winter to get him, but €1.7m looks a very good deal on paper for this lad. Dario Fernandez will also leave in August. 

457823120_Bilinha_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.efbe622272c2aa352ad13363f30893a9.png

Finally, brought in this youngster for free after his PSG contract expired. How much football he'll get depends on the training progression of Ljajic from an AM to an AML.

2134502835_JuanmaPardeza_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.cfbb5fd051e426f91df8cfcff7c9c96b.png

Going out the club was French winger Jean-Christophe Bahebeck. Picked him up on a free 12 months ago, sold him for €5.75m to Basel. Really good business for us, as he becomes our second highest sale ever. We've now brought in just shy of €40m in transfer fees in my time at the club. 

Edited by withnail316

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Nice signings, dude

Thanks man. Quite pleased with our business.

252907795_ChampionsLeaguelogo.thumb.jpg.0629c494ec8b280f07689f943d894b1d.jpg

UEFA Champions League
3rd qualifying round

1st Leg: Videoton 0-3 Örebro SK
A dominant first leg in Hungary, but we were rubbish for 45 minutes, so I let the lads have it at half time. A double from Combe and a peach of a free kick from Dickey put us in a great position to go through, though.

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 6-0 Videoton
Simply outstanding, with six different scorers. Combe, Astvald, Ljajic, Ericsson, Tinguinha and Bergström see us safely into the play offs, so my goal of some form of European football this season has again been achieved. Lovely stuff. 

Another one out the club  German midfielder Dario Fernandez has been pestering for a move, he's off to Frankfurt for €3.5m up front, another €1.5m in add ons, 50% of his next transfer fee and a friendly. Not bad for a lad picked up on a free.

1682448170_ChampionsLeaguelogo.thumb.jpg.a9ec4def06f68e32b2106b79d78a447f.jpg

UEFA Champions League
Play off

1st Leg: Buducnost 1-2 Örebro SK
This tie looked straight forward on paper, but we made hard work of it. We were behind inside 30 seconds, but Bilinha levelled things up with a drive from distance, and Ljajic won it right at the start of the second half. 

2nd Leg: Örebro SK 5-0 Buducnost
Much better. Combe celebrated his new, €10,000p/w contract with a hat-trick, while Ljajic and Hassan bagged the others. 

We meet PSG, back-to-back winners Chelsea and Cluj in the group. 

July & August

173727533_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule-17.thumb.png.76aa467fe4850bc4e8d523f0111e25d0.png

229878879_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-13.thumb.png.d289a7064ad3226fa8eafc7cf4621bf5.png

No issues to report either at home or in Europe. Beginning to make things look a bit easy, which is always the tricky part of the save as it tends to lead me to the job centre. I genuinely want to make this club the biggest side in Europe though, so I need to resist that temptation. 

Youth intake 2018

1170234870_rebroSKYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers-6.thumb.png.26c10a8b4998ec737d82389d9ce4bf5b.png1178668527_Antonstrm_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.203f236e319faf36dbe7ae5f8f5fd3ef.png

Just one to report, but look at him! He should be just about ready to replace Gustav Svensson in 18 months or so, which is ideal as Svensson is 32 at the start of next season. 

Astrom looks the part.

Do you have any other players from your youth intakes that are in the first team or have a future at the club?