Question about Winter Update

As I understand it, it will also include the latest transfers etc. But what about if you already have an editor file, will this be compatible? Ie. what data will take precedence, the new data in an winter update, or the old (edited) data you have made yourself? For instance I have added history for clubs and competition in Norway for 2018, will it then have duplicate history if I use the editor file? 

5 minutes ago, rjohansen said:

As I understand it, it will also include the latest transfers etc. But what about if you already have an editor file, will this be compatible? Ie. what data will take precedence, the new data in an winter update, or the old (edited) data you have made yourself? For instance I have added history for clubs and competition in Norway for 2018, will it then have duplicate history if I use the editor file?  

probably your changes overwrite the data in database (without duplicates) but you have to check in editor by yourself.

I had plans on adding 2018 history for all the players too, but now that might be included, so a load of my shoulders there. When it comes to Norway (and leagues that is finished, or at least almost, when FM comes out) it would be nice if the such things where included in the first data update. It is just not that fun playing 2018 over again. And 2019 needs history (added to players and teams) before playing, and teams in correct divisions etc. 

I can confirm that any changes you made to the database (that is not included in the latest update), will be overwriting any official update. I found that out the hard way last year, so I would hold off any changes you want to make until the winter update has arrived then you can make any adjustment you desire on that. 

16 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

I can confirm that any changes you made to the database (that is not included in the latest update), will be overwriting any official update. I found that out the hard way last year, so I would hold off any changes you want to make until the winter update has arrived then you can make any adjustment you desire on that. 

What do you mean? Once the update comes and I start a new save with the update it will just use those values right?

4 hours ago, SazoJohnno said:

Perhaps creating a new (empty) editorfile (with the new data) and then merging it with your own editor file will help. But only changes hopefully. For instance I have done quite a few changes to correct founding dates, color changes etc. If those are not altered in the winter update, then it will use the editor data. 

37 minutes ago, chad2192 said:

So I have used the Official Editor to change certain players' PA values that I disagree with. If I start up a new save with the Winter Update what values will be used?

If you make a new save you will first have to choose which database you will use, then you can add whatever custom data you want.

It's all in the drop-down menu on the top right corner when you make a new save.

Your changes will be there since the custom changes overrule the 'base DB'.

7 minutes ago, Karl_BD said:

If you make a new save you will first have to choose which database you will use, then you can add whatever custom data you want.

It's all in the drop-down menu on the top right corner when you make a new save.

Your changes will be there since the custom changes overrule the 'base DB'.

Sorry not sure I follow. So if I choose the winter update database then my changes will still be there? 

If so....How do I reset everything? I'd like to give the new values the researchers have done a chance before making my own changes.

If you choose the winter update, your changes will be there but it will be overwriting any changes the winter update have. 

So, I would say that you will need to wait until winter update has arrived and redo any changes all over again. You cant merge winter update and current changes you have as it will have conflicting changes even if you only change the names, it will still have the old data in current change you have. 

So to answer your last question - when you start a new game, it will give you a option to pick winter update and then it will give you a chance to tick or untick the changes you made on editor, you can untick that and give the winter update a proper go. 

Ok, so any changes I make to the database will not affect the winter update. Good. 

One more questions: Should I load the new data, and choose merge (and select my own edited data) and then save? Then the data will have all the changes from the winter update AND my own data. And any changes I make to a rekord will always overwrite the data in the original (winter update) database?

In the past there was the  the possibility of downloading the winter patch in 2 version: with or without new database.

if I were you I would set Steam offline and check manually which download to install. So you won’t loose your personal database. Mine is just an idea based on the past. Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, crarfc said:

eagerly awaiting the winter update, hope its today :)

I suspect it might be next week, however, would be very happy if it was today.

Just as well you didn't start your own topic by asking the same question or else you'd receive the answer "it will be out when it's ready"

14 minutes ago, littledragon84 said:

I suspect it might be next week, however, would be very happy if it was today.

Just as well you didn't start your own topic by asking the same question or else you'd receive the answer "it will be out when it's ready"

ha yeah, stuck in a sneaky one mate :D

Ok, so I just tested. I had, in my own database, added league history for 2018 on all teams. The data is the exact same and so is the year of course. In the game however, it is displayed twice. So, so far, it seems, this is the only thing I have to edit. I have to remove the self made league histories (for 2018 at least) - for some teams I went back further, for Rosenborg I went back to 1928.

Archived