How long should it take to holiday a season?

hxp

Hi all, i'm trying to figure out if my PC can handle all the leagues i have loaded.

I went on holiday undefinitely (while employed) for almost 3 hours and finished 2 and a half seasons so that's a bit over 1 hour for a single season. Is this an excessive amount of time and will lead to it being unplayable after a few years or will i be fine?

12 hours ago, hxp said:

Hi all, i'm trying to figure out if my PC can handle all the leagues i have loaded.

I went on holiday undefinitely (while employed) for almost 3 hours and finished 2 and a half seasons so that's a bit over 1 hour for a single season. Is this an excessive amount of time and will lead to it being unplayable after a few years or will i be fine?

Iv got a top end machine mate and I just can’t see a season an hour. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

It depends on how powerful your computer is and how long your patience is. When I do test holiday saves I have to leave mine on overnight to get most of the way through a season - I can't even imagine completing one in an hour.

I should be fine then i guess, really feeling for you though.

vor einer Stunde schrieb SpikeHughes:

Iv got a top end machine mate and I just can’t see a season an hour. 

We're talking about holidaying, right? If yes then that's good to know. I have already played my new safe and it doesn't feel so slow. I was just a bit worried because my last save was literally flying but that was fm18 with fewer leagues loaded.

21 hours ago, hxp said:

Not possible to answer this without knowing how many leagues and what size database.

What spec is your computer?  Do you have any other software / background processes running?

And it isn't possible to answer the question anyway.  There's no such thing as a specific "fast enough", it's all down to personal preference.  Some people are happy to load all leagues and watch it take hours and hours to process a week, and others will baulk at it taking more than a couple of minutes to holiday a season.  

Just try it and see.  No-one will be able to tell you for sure.

It entirely depends on how many leagues, how big a database and how good your machine is. When I am creating leagues and need to test them, I can run a single nation with one division in about 15 minutes for a single season (without autosaves, which can slow things down a lot). Running a regular save, with a huge database and 50 leagues loaded (that number is pulled from thin air), it would take significantly longer. I remember on FM17 or 18 (I forget), I did a save into the future to remove most known players in the world. I think I did around 12 seasons overnight, which would be around 12-13 hours of processing time. I have no idea the number of leagues, but it would not have been huge for this.

As a general rule, more leagues and more people = longer processing time and so longer to complete a season. This will also scale with the power of your machine. The slower it is, the longer it takes. There really is not a set time it should take to do a season.

Archived