Re-Make of Diego Simeone tactic Atletico Madrid

I started a game with Atletico Madrid.
First I wanted to take the team as "my own" and make a style that will work. I got very good help from many here (thanks to all).
But I was watching Ateltico Madrid play against Juventus, and just had to make a re-make.

I have made a tactic that I am top of table.
11 games in row without conceding a goal.
Won every match in CL.

Video for those who want;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAeoB03W5F8&t=111s

1.thumb.JPG.16011114d6d8d18c0f845ff4aa4600a9.JPG
Tactic.thumb.JPG.05f973e30385f8f7d42aa65c934e79a0.JPG

As you can see I play 4-4-2

important:
cd backs marks thight
Rodri : dribbles less

Costa: Roam from Postition and change places with Griezman
Grizeman:

girezmann.thumb.JPG.aadb7859ae15b06c1b069ef455f181fd.JPG

cleannsheet:
Cleansheet.thumb.JPG.26397b7e88b19e95e6a32a32d60df7e8.JPG

Table:
Table.thumb.JPG.31722ea27a31f01904d12a90a163f054.JPG

Results:
Results.thumb.JPG.ff29c3a24df12b48c6204e918f1e2c9d.JPG

22.thumb.JPG.8c1e48894313451027ab40bfe6487c63.JPG

Stat.JPG

Good work mate! I always love recreating Simeone's teams on my FM saves, so it's cool to see other people doing it and having it working. I'll happily give it a go, but to be honest it doesn't look too different to mine, though I am running a 4-4-1-1 shape.

I was trying to get something like this going with Everton, albeit with a 4-1-2-3. That wasn't working so I had the thought to switch to a 4-4-1-1. I wouldn't have thought to use a 4-4-2 but it is pretty much what I was trying to achieve. @yellowforever I'd like to see your 4-4-1-1 for compassion. I imagine you use a AMa and DLFa in the front two.

5 hours ago, yellowforever said:

Good work mate! I always love recreating Simeone's teams on my FM saves, so it's cool to see other people doing it and having it working. I'll happily give it a go, but to be honest it doesn't look too different to mine, though I am running a 4-4-1-1 shape.

Could you post your tactic ? :)

Obviously results are stellar. Two things I notice. 31 shots in any game seems high for Simeon’s style. Both fullbacks on attack seems overly aggressive. I don’t watch a ton of Atletico so take it with a grain of salt. 

Theres a good Tifo video on Simeone tactic I watched recently. Might be interesting to compare your interpretations.

good stuff

Love Simeone tactics and this is a very good adaptation. I have switched 3 things which I feel add more balance. 

1-Left Back on support with added PI get further forward. I find he covers the hole left by the inverted winger. 

2-Switched the midfield duo so the CM-D is on the right to cover any gaps left by the attacking right FB and the WP. 

3-Switched the center backs so again adds cover to any gaps. 

Otherwise a really solid version and loving the solid defence. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MrGlenn1337 said:

It was my understanding that Atleti attack from the flanks and not the middle, or have they switched?

Atletico attack - and especially counter-attack - from wherever it's most effective in a given situation. Simeone is too smart and pragmatic a manager to limit his team's options :brock:

Archived