Sports Interactive Community
Cultured Left Foot

Planning Permission for New Stadium taken over 6 seasons - Bug ?

Hi all.

Wasn't sure if this was best placed in the bugs forum or not as ... well, i'm not sure if its a bug - but it sure feels like one.

I have taken my team from the Croatian 3rd League West to Croatian first division champions.  When we got promoted to the 1st division, the board said they were looking to build a new stadium, however it never appeared in my "Board Request Status" as I didn't request it.  Therefore I can't see a progress bar to keep me updated on how its coming along - so I need to check the club -> Facilities page (picture attached).

It went through the first phase of "finding new location" relatively quickly, but has been stuck on "Planning Permission" for 6 seasons. Is this correct? I have had no more news messages about the stadium since the first one 6 seasons ago stating they were looking to build a new stadium. I just find it odd that its taken 6 seasons for planning permission after they found the location so quickly. 

Any thoughts or help is much appreciated. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.5ea39e6f0170bbb2d892bf3e9221da56.PNG

Unfortunately I don't have save game file from before it was announced, as it was such a long time ago in game.

Thanks,

CLF.

Edited by Cultured Left Foot

Hi @Cultured Left Foot

Thanks for raising this, I'll try and get this to repeat internally - can you upload the earliest save you've still got so I can take a look in to this as well on your save? Details on how to provide saves below

Cheers

Russell

Hi @Russell Hammant.

Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded the earliest save I have (July 2025!) My current save is in August 2026. As mentioned above the "planning permission" has been on going for 5 or so season in the save that I've uploaded.

The save file name is Zagreb.fm

Thanks again and I look forward to an update soon.

EDIT : I've found an auto save of the game BEFORE the stadium announcement happened (in the year 2020). This save has been uploaded as Zagreb (v02).fm  where my team is still in the 2nd division. The announcement for the new stadium was made at the end of that season when we got promoted. 

Hope this helps and we can get a conclusion soon. 

Cheers.

Edited by Cultured Left Foot

OK. Thanks @Russell Hammant

Any idea on times into this - not that I'm rushing, but this is part of a YouTube save (I'm a content creator)and my viewers keep asking when the new stadium will be completed! 

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

CLF

Hi @Cultured Left Foot

I've had a long look in to your save with one of our devs.

Good news - there's no bug as such. Essentially the initial announcement was your board saying 'we're looking in to getting a new stadium' however (due to a number of circumstances) it'll take them a while. I've got to the end of the season in 2027 and they move forward with the plans and start developing the stadium. I appreciate that the wording on the initial news item isn't great and should explain that this is a long term project and not a 'everything is agreed and we're getting the shovels in to the ground and starting digging' announcement (essentially think of the situation Everton have been in for the last 10 years or so)

Bad news - this isn't always guaranteed to happen, it depends on bank balance (amongst other factors) and when it's agreed it'll still take 2 years for the new stadium to be built. I've had it occur approx 75% of the time I've been trying it at the end of 2026/2027 season but some times it's the following season.

TL:DR - Keep going and it should straighten out, given enough time/finance.

Cheers

Russell

16 hours ago, alex67x said:

Great news! :)

I have the same issue with QPR

I believe historically that QPR have encountered issues trying to move away from Loftus Road, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear they're having the same thing - if it not to much trouble could I get you to upload the save to our cloud just so I can take a look and make sure it does go ahead? Details on how to provide saves below

Cheers

Russell