Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Junkhead

Changing League Structure

Hi all

Hope someone can help.  I have been trying to rebuild the Italian league structure for some time & can't get it over the line.  I am using Claassen's file as a base. I want the divisions to stay as standard in season 1, and then revert as below;

Serie A - 20 Teams

Serie B - 22 Teams

Serie C - 3 x 18 teams

I am not bothered what happens to Serie D as I wont be selecting it.

I think I am nearly there, the only issue I have is that I am having to relegate 2 more teams to Serie D than are being promoted to make up the numbers in Serie D.  I get an error message saying that the number of teams relegated from Serie C (11) does not match those promoted from Serie D (9), however this is intended.  Why is this a problem?  Is it because Serie D will end up with too many team in it?

Yes, attached

Have moved on from the original file now & started again.  Attached is where I'm at now.

Thanks so much for anyone who can help with this!

ISBF.fmf

Still not much further down the line with this. Keep beginning again as I am worried I have made major mistakes and then get hit with a different reason for verification fail each time.

Currently, have Serie b reverting from 19 to 22 teams season 2, with 4 relegated to Serie C & 7 Promoted to make up the numbers.

This would leave me with Serie C divisions of 19, 19 and 18, so need to relegate one more each from Serie C groups a and b. When I do this, I get either the error message about 11 teams relegated Vs 9 promoted (intended) or told that Serie C group a cannot run with only 17 teams, which I don't understand as there should be 18. 

This shouldn't be this hard - seriously frustrated.

9 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Still not much further down the line with this. Keep beginning again as I am worried I have made major mistakes and then get hit with a different reason for verification fail each time.

Currently, have Serie b reverting from 19 to 22 teams season 2, with 4 relegated to Serie C & 7 Promoted to make up the numbers.

This would leave me with Serie C divisions of 19, 19 and 18, so need to relegate one more each from Serie C groups a and b. When I do this, I get either the error message about 11 teams relegated Vs 9 promoted (intended) or told that Serie C group a cannot run with only 17 teams, which I don't understand as there should be 18. 

This shouldn't be this hard - seriously frustrated.

is this a new/different editor file than the one you already uploaded? 

Yep, latest file attached. Thanks for taking a look, Slevinr87.

isb1.fmf

Edited by Junkhead
Not sure file was attached correctly

After another few hours of trying to get this to work, think I have actually given up.  Cant get past this error of Serie C Group A only having 17 teams, even though the maths all adds up to it having 18.  The editor doesnt clearly show you what is happening at times like this, and it would be brilliant if the tests you run actually showed you who gets promoted/relegated and who those 17 teams are.

Anyone know of a file already out there that reverts Serie b back to 22 teams from season 2??

On 01/03/2019 at 06:26, Junkhead said:

After another few hours of trying to get this to work, think I have actually given up.  Cant get past this error of Serie C Group A only having 17 teams, even though the maths all adds up to it having 18.  The editor doesnt clearly show you what is happening at times like this, and it would be brilliant if the tests you run actually showed you who gets promoted/relegated and who those 17 teams are.

Anyone know of a file already out there that reverts Serie b back to 22 teams from season 2??

You can see the results of the test if you go into the competition and select test from the bottom of the menu. Has the league, league rules, and events in there.