Remove CA/PA Stars

_Ben_

A few years back this was possible, unsure now...

Is there any way to remove the stars on player profiles (I can hide them in scout reports etc) that show the CA and PA stars? If so - is there a panel that can be changed/uploaded or is it a bigger job than that?

Thanks in advance.

<!-- CA -->
					<container id="caco" width="130" priority="3">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
						<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" gap="0" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" alignment="left,bottom" height="17" font="label" colour="secondary">
							<translation id="text" translation_id="293291" type="use" value="Current Ability" />
						</widget>
						<widget class="scout_stars_label" id="CAic" alignment="left,centre_y" height="18" click_event="ltms"/>
					</container>
					<!-- PA -->
					<container id="paco" width="130" priority="2">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
						<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" gap="0" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" alignment="left,bottom" height="17" font="label" colour="secondary">
							<translation id="text" translation_id="293292" type="use" value="Potential Ability" />
						</widget>
						<widget class="scout_stars_label" id="PAic" alignment="left,centre_y" height="18" click_event="ltms"/>
					</container>

This is the code in the default, player personal details panel. Delete the equivalent code in your skin. You might want to delete the preceding container(s) as I wouldn't be surprised by formatting issues and this area varies considerably depending on whether the player is yours or not or whether they've been scouted or not but you might want to keep some stuff... Things like <!-- Wage demands --> are clearly labeled as such though so you should be able to identify easy enough what the sections of code relate to. I'd advise making a copy first and experimenting. 

12 hours ago, Had_Enough said:

<!-- CA -->
					<container id="caco" width="130" priority="3">

<translation id="text" translation_id="293291" type="use" value="Current Ability" />
						</widget>
						<widget class="scout_stars_label" id="CAic" alignment="left,centre_y" height="18" click_event="ltms"/>
					</container>
					<!-- PA -->
					<container id="paco" width="130" priority="2">

<translation id="text" translation_id="293292" type="use" value="Potential Ability" />
						</widget>
						<widget class="scout_stars_label" id="PAic" alignment="left,centre_y" height="18" click_event="ltms"/>
					</container>

This is the code in the default, player personal details panel. Delete the equivalent code in your skin. You might want to delete the preceding container(s) as I wouldn't be surprised by formatting issues and this area varies considerably depending on whether the player is yours or not or whether they've been scouted or not but you might want to keep some stuff... Things like <!-- Wage demands --> are clearly labeled as such though so you should be able to identify easy enough what the sections of code relate to. I'd advise making a copy first and experimenting. 

It broke everything! Not even an ALT+TAB back to the game before it just closed itself down...

Going to keep investigating, thanks for the initial help.

It is the piece of code. I can't really elaborate more as I've captured it fully for just the CA & PA (ignoring the coach and scouting stuff) and it's just an uncomplicated question. All I can say it make sure you are getting everything I've quoted and you are clearing cache, reloading the skin correctly.

It worked as expected for me when I tested it within my skin. It was a 5 second job tbh hence the difficulty in adding any more info here. 

Before & After pics:

Screenshot (328).png

Screenshot (327).png

22 minutes ago, Had_Enough said:

It is the piece of code. I can't really elaborate more as I've captured it fully for just the CA & PA (ignoring the coach and scouting stuff) and it's just an uncomplicated question. All I can say it make sure you are getting everything I've quoted and you are clearing cache, reloading the skin correctly.

It worked as expected for me when I tested it within my skin. It was a 5 second job tbh hence the difficulty in adding any more info. 

I know - I found it really quickly, but the game didn't like being ALT+TAB back to it once I'd made the change and closed. This happened twice so I left it lone (realising I hadn't saved after the first time and was annoyed I'd lost a few weeks worth of game time).

36 minutes ago, keysi said:

Let's start with this one - it's a Wannachup default skin but I added 'player personal details panel' without stars and squad depth panel

you will need to export default panels from resource archiver to be able to edit them.

Wannachup-FM19-Instant-Result-Dark without stars.zip 13.85 kB · 1 download

Again - thanks so much for your help. I will attempt to find these lines of code in the other panels - coach report, comparison etc and remove it.

Archived