Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
BenV

Full Matches

Hi there,

why cant there be a full match option for FMM? Its really annoying when you cant see whats going on in the game. You see that the opposition is having chances and possession but you dont see why, how balls are lost, why youre not having it etc. By the time Ive figgured it out its already too late. The adjustmends Id make in 5mins of the game if I could see the full match take me 45 with highlights only. 

There is no full match option because mobile devices run off a battery and you can't presently save within a match - as such having an option where a match took a tremendously long time to play out would run a huge risk of a battery failure during play.

I'm sorry if you miss this option but there are sensible reasons why its not present.

If not full match, I'd also vote for the option of seeing longer passages of play. Now I see chances are created, but not so much of the build-up. It's kind of hard to identify what needs tweaking when things aren't going your way.

Although I see your point about battery life, surely the player should ultimately be responsible for making the decision of what settings to use? The game seems to have quite a lot of auto-save going on anyway, so if it dies sometime mid-match I doubt you would lose too much data?

I would put this in request category.

The current engine is clearly not designed for this so it won't be happening any time soon.

@Footy exactly! Wouldnt it be as simple as to include an OPTION, making the player responsible? Before its selection, a warning about faster battery loss could be added.

Obviously a full game would be too long. However the purpose of it would rather include the ability to take a closer look in certain phases of the game when desired, not watching full 90 mins. 

Edited by BenV

Yeah it annoys me as well. Would be great to see that changed. I play fm touch on my ipad as well and I had a bug once allowing me to see the whole game. So if its part of the game anyways, itd be great if the developers just "unlocked" it.

If I could only watch the first mins full itd be so great...

I'd love to watch the full match too. That's what I like about the game, not the manager side.

If the battery is the issue you could allow full match only if battery is >50% for instance. Or you could speed up the game when battery is low.

It is very frustrating to not know what's going on on the defensive side for instance

IMHO I think the amount of detail shown in the match highlights is about right. Watching matches with the extended view switched on usually gives me all the information I need for analysis. If I need to understand why something hasn't gone to plan, I look at the various match and player statistic pages to investigate any tactic or performance issues. Usually a tweak of the tactics and a substitution fixes the problem.

This would be awesome indeed. At times, Id like to see how a highlight came to be otherwise I feel so helpless not knowing the cause of the opponents attacks