Runs With Ball Down Left/Right Side

The PPM "Runs With Ball Down X Side" - does that effect a player who, say, runs down the left-side, but is playing on the right? It's slightly confusing. Would I find my right-winger running with the ball down the left in a normal phase of play? I mean, I can understand if it clicked into gear somewhat if it was situational, say he get's the ball from a corner. 

It's just one of the many vagaries that bugs me and I need clarifying. :lol:

Thanks in advance, for anyone that clarifies. 

13 hours ago, DerKopite said:

does that effect a player who, say, runs down the left-side, but is playing on the right?

Yes, PPMs affect players' behavior, regardless of a position/role they play. And it's not a bug. It's how the game works. That's why you need to consider everything when creating a tactic.

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Yes, PPMs affect players' behavior, regardless of a position/role they play. And it's not a bug. It's how the game works. That's why you need to consider everything when creating a tactic.

Wait, so, if I play a player who runs down the left, on the right, he'll make an attempt to run down the left? That's bizarre? 

40 minutes ago, DerKopite said:

Wait, so, if I play a player who runs down the left, on the right, he'll make an attempt to run down the left? That's bizarre? 

No he won't, the only time it would work was if he finds himself on the left.

5 hours ago, Jessan said:

What does that PPM do exactly? Because I have a player who has the PPMs "Runs with ball down left" and "Cuts inside from the left wing" and I feel like those would contradict eachother.

Why would they contradict? You can run down the left with the ball and still cut in on the same side.

You can't have conflicting PPM's on a player any longer, it was changed last year. 

18 hours ago, DerKopite said:

After reading Cleon's reply, I think we misunderstood each other.

18 hours ago, Cleon said:

No he won't, the only time it would work was if he finds himself on the left.

I did not mean that player playing on the right flank would go to the left flank and then run with the ball like a left winger (as that would really be bizarre :eek: 

What I meant was that when he has the ball on his (right) flank, he will look to run with it leftward, i.e. toward the middle of the pitch.

11 hours ago, Jessan said:

What does that PPM do exactly? Because I have a player who has the PPMs "Runs with ball down left" and "Cuts inside from the left wing" and I feel like those would contradict eachother.

Run down the flank, means the player will be more likely to attempt a dribble down the flank rather than look for pass. With cuts inside, he'll try to cut inside rather to run towards the corner flag.

Archived