Sports Interactive Community

How do y'all deal with a player of yours being sent off? Do you issue a warning then next time a fine ect or does it depend on what they were sent off for? I normally do a 1 weeks fine if it was a straight red and only a warning if it was two yellows then if there is a next time a higher punishment ect. One of my CB has gotten two straight reds for pretty nasty tackles and I have fined him both times. He is mad and feels he is being unfairly targeted by me for the fines. I dont really care but I was wondering how yall do it. 

i go for a 1 week fine if is a 2 yellow sent off, 2 weeks for straight red, i only give warnings for first low perfomance game, 1 week fine for the second, then a warning everytime it goes below 6.3 and teams loses, 1 week fine for consecutive 6.3, i give a 2 week fine if below 5.5

that how i work, there are some special cases like messing up a important game or being at fault for the team being eliminated by a lower league team where i hand a 2 week fine, if all team plays badly, is a 1 week for all 6.1 or below and warnings for 6.3 and 6.2

The only time I ever use fines is for sendings off (well, once a few years ago hen a player didn't turn up for training).

Straight Red is a one week fine for a first offence. Second straight red in the same season is a two-week fine.

2nd Yellow send offs get a one week fine if it was for stupid challenges or causes us to lose the game (or lose a lead)

Anything above that level I find causes too much negative in the Dynamics, and I always counter the 'feels fine was unfair' argument with the "It's a club policy and I'm just keeping it the same"

I haven't ever fined a player for performance - if he isn't performing he doesn't play. A couple of u23 matches usually sorts them out.

Edited by Snorks

Players don't have "memory" of these things, so it's not worth escalating fines. I warn for 2 yellows, fine for a straight red and if it's a really nasty foul, I'd consider 2 weeks. Of course, your manager attributes/rep and the player's personality still play a part in how it is received.

As a manager, I try and find the cause of it, if it happens more than once. Either it's the player's personality or possibly my own management of his mental state that causes it.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Players don't have "memory" of these things, so it's not worth escalating fines. I warn for 2 yellows, fine for a straight red and if it's a really nasty foul, I'd consider 2 weeks. Of course, your manager attributes/rep and the player's personality still play a part in how it is received.

As a manager, I try and find the cause of it, if it happens more than once. Either it's the player's personality or possibly my own management of his mental state that causes it.

Pretty much the same, but if I've OI'd to tackle hard or instructed the side to do so to chase a result, if a player gets a red card it's on me and I don't criticise him. This is not a rare occurrence!

I'm pretty set in the way I do it which is warning for second booking and 2 weeks fine for straight reds of any description. I always go for disciplinary since no matter the team set-up, the player instructions - you want them to be carrying them out in a way that doesn't get them sent off.

Surely it all depends on the situation.

Bad tackles, are warning, then fines escalating for anymore that season.

Through on goal and brought him down, to save me a point or win, then nothing at all.

I usually consider the situation and position of the player. 2 yellows is a warning unless one was stupid. A straight red is usually a 1-week fine, but it would depend on the situation. I don't think I've ever given a 2-week fine for anything.

The sending off is not accumalative for punishments.

2 yellow cards = warning

Red Professional foul = 1 weeks wages

Red Violent Behaviour = 2 weeks wages

Standalone punishments.

If I win the game, I just warn the player.

But if I lose or even draw, then I fine him with two weeks.

This is my policy, which extends to reserve and youth matches as well as first-team matches.

Two bookings: Warning for 1st offence, 1-week fine for later offences. (I once went straight to fining a player who received two bookings in a match, both for diving.)

Straight sending-off: 1-week fine for 1st offence, 2-week fine for later offences.

I also tend to warn players for poor performances (i.e. a rating of 6.2 or lower) and fine them for terrible performances (i.e. a rating of 5.4 or lower). When a new season starts, everyone starts off from a clean slate.

I fine any sending off as a two weeks wages fine. It is never acceptable to be sent off. A straight red or a stupid yellow card. The result for my team is the same, so the punishment for the player is the same. If a player does not like it, they can be told it is standard punishment (it is). If they disagree with that, they can not play for a while.

I may be harsh, but I want my players to know there is no toleration of a red card (whether or not they realise this). It is a role play thing for me.

Lads - it's not a policy you need to take on board. What I gave you is how the game works. 

Anything execessive in fines/warnings ends up with unrest in your team.

As above 2 yellows = warning, red professiona foul = 1 weeks, and violent behvaour - 2 weeks. 

Warning for a 2 yellow. 1 week fine if they do it again.

When a player tackles badly, and attempts to chop the opposition in half, I'll fine 2 weeks regardless - Dynamics can do one in that case -  You were a disgrace and let the team down, and you know it...

Simple really - The one's who don't understand why they were fined are not the players i'm gonna keep.

58 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

Warning for a 2 yellow. 1 week fine if they do it again.

Seems like nobody is listening to me at all - the punishments are not accumlative in the game. 

8 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Seems like nobody is listening to me at all - the punishments are not accumlative in the game. 

We are listening - The question I answered is the OP's - how do we all deal with players being sent off.

25 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

We are listening - The question I answered is the OP's - how do we all deal with players being sent off.

That's fine and all - but there's literally no point in doing it any other way without upsetting your players in your team. 

That's how the game works and if you want to do it any  other way then best of luck.

If it's a cup final and we end up losing it's a 2 week fine and then I refuse to speak to them about it. 

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:18, Smurf said:

That's fine and all - but there's literally no point in doing it any other way without upsetting your players in your team. 

That's how the game works and if you want to do it any  other way then best of luck.

Can you explain? Are you saying the game automatically applies these? Cause this is not what I understand.

4 hours ago, Lynchyy said:

Can you explain? Are you saying the game automatically applies these? Cause this is not what I understand.

No the game doesn't automatically apply these. 

When you  have a player sent off you can issue a warning/fine for players.

It's always been that people assume the punishments are accumlative (that is if they keep behaving badly, like 5 yellow cards in successive games) that it may warrant fining them.

But the way the game works is how I have outlined it. 

If you unfairly punish a player by say fining them for accumlating 5 yellow cards in a row - then you risk upsetting your entire team for mistreating a player. 

And for example, if a player is sent off for violent behaviour and you neglect to punish them, or issue a warning/fine 1 weeks wages, some of the team mates may approach you to say that they don't feel like the punishment was harsh enough. 

It's always been this way, for as long as I can remember. It's a issue warning for 2 yellows - 1 weeks fine for professional foul - 2 weeks fine for violent behaviour. 

Anything more or less in this sense will unrest your squad. 

For example, if a player got sent off in different matches for a professional foul, then issuing a 2 week fine would unrest the team/players. Where the appropriate fine would be 1 weeks wages for both incidents. 

Never knew that about the "feels so-and-so hasn't been punished enough". Proper mates. To be fair we should be able to set a disciplinary procedure up at the start of every season, especially with it being an answer in the player interactions now.

17 hours ago, gavinski33 said:

Never knew that about the "feels so-and-so hasn't been punished enough". Proper mates. To be fair we should be able to set a disciplinary procedure up at the start of every season, especially with it being an answer in the player interactions now.

This is something I would also like to see.

It's been asked for for years. 

Would like to see it too.

I just warn them, and usually for poor performances. Seems to sometimes have the upside of improving their behaviour and no downside (even if they express the view it was harsh). Plus usually if a player gets two yellows I consider it my own fault for not tweaking the tackling settings...