Help me set up my 4-2-3-1 Frankfurt Tactic.

I know it's very early into the season, so the squad might need gelling, but I'm really concerned because I've lost my opening two games in League Europa. So my problems are I can't create enough good chances although my squad have some excellent players. I'm not too bad in Bundesliga, but I expect my team to play better. Every match so far was a drab match. The defense is not too leaky although I could improve that area too, but as long as my team learns to control the game, create more chances and score more goals than the opposition, I won't worry too much about my defending. Any help would be appreciated. 

https://prnt.sc/mkjm5i

https://prnt.sc/mkjccr

Your setup of roles and duties is too risky for a top-heavy system such as 4231. The same goes for your team instructions (particularly overlaps) I know you said you don't care about defending so long as your attack can create more chances than opposition, but in the football game everything is interrelated. I am not sure if Frankfurt is strong enough a team to play such an aggressive tactic, especially as your primary tactic. 

Then you have both CMs in a BWM role, only with different duties. While that further increases your defensive risks (given a BWM's inherent tendency to press a lot and thus often comes out of position), it does not help your attacking performance either. 

As for the front four, it's not advisable to have more than two attack duties between them in a 4231, and you have 3.

Quick advice:

- change the MCR (BWMde) to a DLP on defend

- change AML (IFat) to an IF on support

- consider changing the keeper to a SK on support (rather than attack)

- remove both overlaps and the "run at defence" TI

- don't use "Pass into space" all the time, but only when you see that it would clearly make sense

- push the LOE to standard, but reduce pressing to "more urgent" (one notch down)

Play and see if there is any notable improvement. If not, get back here to see what else could be done :brock:

Archived