Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
zerados

I could need some help with pressing :)

Hi guys  

i wanted to ask if any of you found a way to make a gegenpress tactic where players press for a certain amount of time and if they dont win back the wall through the gegenpress they fall back into a certain defensive shape. i dont really know how to make a tactic like this because you cant really tell your team how long they should press and you cant really give them different shapes in attak and defense. so if anyone has an idea on how to do that. help would be much appreciated

20 minutes ago, zerados said:

Hi guys  

i wanted to ask if any of you found a way to make a gegenpress tactic where players press for a certain amount of time and if they dont win back the wall through the gegenpress they fall back into a certain defensive shape. i dont really know how to make a tactic like this because you cant really tell your team how long they should press and you cant really give them different shapes in attak and defense. so if anyone has an idea on how to do that. help would be much appreciated

Just tick a countrepress. In my opinion this is Guardiola's "6 second rule"

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tyrinko:

Just tick a countrepress. In my opinion this is Guardiola's "6 second rule"

oh ok. i thought that means they will constantly press. and yeah i meant something like the guardiola 6 second rule. and do you know if i can make my team that is setup as a 4-2-3-1 with inversed wingers defend in a tight 4-4-1 with two rows of 4?

18 minutes ago, zerados said:

oh ok. i thought that means they will constantly press. and yeah i meant something like the guardiola 6 second rule. and do you know if i can make my team that is setup as a 4-2-3-1 with inversed wingers defend in a tight 4-4-1 with two rows of 4?

Geggenpress= countrepress

There IS no way that Klopp or Guardiola use pressing for 90 minutes - when ball is lost, just countrepress for a few seconds.

Yes it is possible have 4-2-3-1 to defend in 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 but I think for that you need to have your wingers in support. In my opinion it is better to have starting formation (which is how your team look when defending) at 4-4-1-1 and modify it with player roles/duties

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tyrinko:

Geggenpress= countrepress

There IS no way that Klopp or Guardiola use pressing for 90 minutes - when ball is lost, just countrepress for a few seconds.

Yes it is possible have 4-2-3-1 to defend in 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 but I think for that you need to have your wingers in support. In my opinion it is better to have starting formation (which is how your team look when defending) at 4-4-1-1 and modify it with player roles/duties

yeah i thought so that 4-4-1 would be better but i dont want to play my players out of position. but thank you for your help :D