Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
johnjako2010

Regen issue

Guys I’m having an issue with signing any regen.

I have the dates for regens producing. I find them on the youth intake section of the game. The problem is I get either they have just signed a contract so don’t want to speak to me or are in long term contracts. This happens on the exact same day the regens are out. 

Am am I doing something wrong?

This used to work on previous versions and made it way too easy to snap up world class youngsters. Now they won't be immidiately interested having come through elsewhere and should be harder to sign.

Yeah, it used to be a bit of an exploit.

Best way I have found for it is to select the best academies, then once a month while they are all spawning, select the intakes from those academies and Get Scout Report. That's how I filter the best of the best Newgens each year. High PA kids get added to my u18 shortlist. for a year. 

I may select one or two to recruit, in which case, by the summer window there may be some interest from the player and if you are lucky, you get them before they agree a pro contract with the club and you get a bargain.

I have never managed to sign one before the summer window at the earliest, and only then if I am at a club with far better facilities/reputation. (A couple for AC MIlan and one for Liverpool)

They stay on the shortlist for a year (Keep Scout reports up to date) then I get a reminder, so they are 'vetted' a second time. I may keep them on the shortlist another year or let them drop away. 

This way, I can keep tabs on a promising Newgen for the whole of his career and have a ready-made pool of 'replacements' should I need to go after one.

It's generally not the intended way to play the process and has been made more difficult over time as a result.

If you wish to persist, there's nothing to stop you but in most cases you are going to be throwing a lot of hours away after minimal gains. Furthermore, scout reports on such under-exposed players are going to have a significant margin of error. Because they are such unknowns estimations on potential may well be based to a larger degree on their current ability. So for example, a 200PA, 44CA 16 year old would likely show as less potential to a scout than a 76PA, 76CA 16 year old. 

4 hours ago, santy001 said:

It's generally not the intended way to play the process and has been made more difficult over time as a result.

If you wish to persist, there's nothing to stop you but in most cases you are going to be throwing a lot of hours away after minimal gains. Furthermore, scout reports on such under-exposed players are going to have a significant margin of error. Because they are such unknowns estimations on potential may well be based to a larger degree on their current ability. So for example, a 200PA, 44CA 16 year old would likely show as less potential to a scout than a 76PA, 76CA 16 year old. 

Not sure which response that was aimed at - but yeah I agree. It is hit and miss, but I don;t spend hours on it...a few minutes every game-month during spawning season and the newgens are incorporated into my usual scouting 'round up' at the meetings. Yeah, I miss a few, but generally they will appear in a scout report way before they are first-team standard anyway (depending on size of club and scouting network obviously)

You can try to get them on trial for 4 weeks, they will like the club etc and before the end I am able to buy them cheap :)

I am not sure but I think I was able to sign contract with them too like they would be my own players if they didn't sign professional contract yet but it was cheaper to buy them because I didn't had to pay compensation fee or something like that...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

It used to be the case where there was a delay of about a day or two between the Newgens appearing in the intake, and signing for the club - there was a window you could nab them for a trial and/or just offer a contract.

Now though, I think the spawning club has them signed as soon as they appear which causes the response 'Only just signed". 

Yeah, offering them a trial at your club works sometimes. They get more interested when they are at your club. Last year you could sign every regen if you offered them a trial.