Sports Interactive Community
Enzu225

[Suggestion] Increase African CA and PA

I have added Ivory Coast and Nigerian lower leagues into Football Manager 2018. In Africa, football is the most popular sport game and even 6-10 year old kids play football in their free time.

When I play the game with the leagues, all their CA are 1-15 and PA 15-30 (except major clubs such as ASEC). This is even worse than in Bhutan (minor Asian nation, added using the editor).

I feel that African regens should have higher CA and PA ratings. Although they do not have high technical abilities and intelligence, they do have good physical abilities, bravery, work rate, and determination.

Here is what I suggest:

• Have nations use at least three new templates (technical abilities, intelligence, physical abilities). The values are from 1 to 20 or from poor to good (like with personality templates). They can be hidden and only visible to sigames staff.
  • Increase the CA and PA of regens in some countries (Africa). While using the templates, they can have low technical abilities but high physical abilities.
Edited by Enzu225

20 hours ago, Enzu225 said:

I have added Ivory Coast and Nigerian lower leagues into Football Manager 2018. In Africa, football is the most popular sport game and even 6-10 year old kids play football in their free time. 

When I play the game with the leagues, all their CA are 1-15 and PA 15-30 (except major clubs such as ASEC). This is even worse than in Bhutan (minor Asian nation, added using the editor).

I feel that African regens should have higher CA and PA ratings. Although they do not have high technical abilities and intelligence, they do have good physical abilities, bravery, work rate, and determination. 

Here is what I suggest: 

• Have nations use at least three new templates (technical abilities, intelligence, physical abilities). The values are from 1 to 20 or from poor to good (like with personality templates). They can be hidden and only visible to sigames staff.
  • Increase the CA and PA of regens in some countries (Africa). While using the templates, they can have low technical abilities but high physical abilities.

1. PA/CA of players are low probably because players have set no ca/pa in database and the game randomize their stats and ability.

2. Every big country/continent have template to generate newgen players but it's not like all regens from brazil will be technicians and all from uk will be physical.

3. African countries have good Nation Youth Rating, but poor facilities so even they have 'raw potential' to produce good talents - they won't do it because of facilities. Only 1-2 clubs in countries have decent youth coaching and facilities so they are like to produce good regens.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

1. PA/CA of players are low probably because players have set no ca/pa in database and the game randomize their stats and ability.

2. Every big country/continent have template to generate newgen players but it's not like all regens from brazil will be technicians and all from uk will be physical.

3. African countries have good Nation Youth Rating, but poor facilities so even they have 'raw potential' to produce good talents - they won't do it because of facilities. Only 1-2 clubs in countries have decent youth coaching and facilities so they are like to produce good regens. 

I still feel that at least the PA ratings are far too low. What about Obafemi Martins?

After leaving Nigeria for Italy at age 16, he has since played for a number of top-division clubs around Europe. He is a player who started his youth career at Ebedei (currently playing in Nigerian 3rd level. This club has constantly been playing at the same level and is the football academy of FC Midtjylland. This club has also produced players who have had trials at Manchester United and Chelsea). African players should at least have 40-60 minimum potential, because unlike European players, they wish to improve, although they may lack the professionalism or the opportunity to do so.

It is realistic for a lower division African club from a major nation (Ivory Coast and Nigeria) to generate 1-2 regens with 25-35 CA, who have 12-15 ratings in speed stats (acceleration, agility, pace) or physical stats (balance, stamina, strength) and have 65-85 PA, but who have 4-8 technical abilities.

Like you said in your reply, African clubs have poor youth facilities and coaches, so if they stay at the club, they will not improve much.

The way football manager is now, African leagues get worse as the years in the game progress.

Edited by Enzu225

15 minutes ago, Enzu225 said:

I still feel that at least the PA ratings are far too low. What about Obafemi Martins?

After leaving Nigeria for Italy at age 16, he has since played for a number of top-division clubs around Europe. He is a player who started his youth career at Ebedei (currently playing in Nigerian 3rd level. This club has constantly been playing at the same level and is the football academy of FC Midtjylland. This club has also produced players who have had trials at Manchester United and Chelsea). African players should at least have 40-60 minimum potential, because unlike European players, they wish to improve, although they may lack the professionalism or the opportunity to do so. 

It is realistic for a lower division African club from a major nation (Ivory Coast and Nigeria) to generate 1-2 regens with 25-35 CA, who have 12-15 ratings in speed stats (acceleration, agility, pace) or physical stats (balance, stamina, strength) and have 65-85 PA, but who have 1-6 technical abilities.

Like you said in your reply, African clubs have poor youth facilities and coaches, so if they stay at the club, they will not improve much.

The way football manager is now, African leagues get worse as the years in the game progress.

I'll check ratings for nigerian and ivorian clubs and see if they are low or maybe just not set (hence weak newgens)

@Enzu225 Ivory Coast Head Researcher here. The Ligue 2 research is almost impossible and the players who are in those teams are very very few, consequently the majority of players are created by the CPU based on club reputation. I added a lot of academies with facilities filled, you must to know that most of clubs haven't proper academy and take young players from specialized academies (like AFORGER or CFDFA for example). Concerned regens, as BigPole said the training facilities are poor (FC San Pédro players, one of the best teams right now, made physique preparation on the beach this pre-season..), I can't increase facilities if are poor..

17 minutes ago, lukafanzer said:

Ivory Coast Head Researcher here. The Ligue 2 research is almost impossible and the players who are in those teams are very very few, consequently the majority of players are created by the CPU based on club reputation. I added a lot of academies with facilities filled, you must to know that most of clubs haven't proper academy and take young players from specialized academies (like AFORGER or CFDFA for example). For regens is another matter.

If that is the case, then the academies should be set as affiliated clubs with youth players training activated. That way the higher potential regens at the clubs will come through from the academies. The way it is now, the yearly youth intake has regens with only 5-15 PA ratings.

Normal regens from the clubs could have around 40 (max 60-80) PA, while the youths who come through from the major academies such as the two mentioned could have around 80 (max 110-130) PA.

5 hours ago, Enzu225 said:

Thank you.

At least this problem appears in Football Manager 2018.

I've checked nigeria and ivory coast - both seem fine to me, only academies and first division clubs are set but they should be able to produce quality newgens. And Ebedei is one of the best in africa in youth coaching and facilities. 

11 minutes ago, Enzu225 said:

If that is the case, then the academies should be set as affiliated clubs with youth players training activated. That way the higher potential regens at the clubs will come through from the academies. The way it is now, the yearly youth intake has regens with only 5-15 PA ratings.

Normal regens from the clubs could have around 40 (max 60-80) PA, while the youths who come through from the major academies such as the two mentioned could have around 80 (max 110-130) PA.

Academies should be set as affiliated only when they are affiliated in real life. The only solution to this problem would be setting each club 'correct' rating but since there's a lack of people doing research in africa, it's hard to do it correctly (or at all).

12 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

The only solution to this problem would be setting each club 'correct' rating but since there's a lack of people doing research in africa, it's hard to do it correctly (or at all)

At least that way the Lower league clubs will produce regens with 40-60 PA instead of 5-15 PA.

8 hours ago, Bigpole said:

And Ebedei is one of the best in africa in youth coaching and facilities. 

In 1999-2000, Ebedei did not have decent youth facilities, but it still managed to produce Obafemi Martins from its youth team.

Even in Football Manager 2006, Ebedei has a youth academy and youth setup rating of 1.

1 hour ago, Enzu225 said:

In 1999-2000, Ebedei did not have decent youth facilities, but it still managed to produce Obafemi Martins from its youth team.

Even in Football Manager 2006, Ebedei has a youth academy and youth setup rating of 1.

but who said that low-tier academy can't produce good player? And I'm talking about fm19, maybe in older fm's ebedei had low rating - in this FM looks okay to me.

51 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

but who said that low-tier academy can't produce good player? And I'm talking about fm19, maybe in older fm's ebedei had low rating - in this FM looks okay to me.

I am not trying to say that Ebedei produces bad regens, what I was trying to imply was that even low league Nigerian clubs could produce players who have the potential to at least play at the Nigerian top league (I am not expecting them to produce English Premier League players). The example of "classic Ebedei" was in order to show that a club who at that time had low youth training could produce a player who had 170+ potential.

Edited by Enzu225

26 minutes ago, Enzu225 said:

I am not trying to say that Ebedei produces bad regens, what I was trying to imply was that even low league Nigerian clubs could produce players who have the potential to at least play at the Nigerian top league (I am not expecting them to produce English Premier League players). The example of "classic Ebedei" was in order to show that a club who at that time had low youth training could produce a player who had 170+ potential. 

yes, and every team even with 'low ratings' could produce quality regen, but clubs with low ratings are less like to do it. And yes, because settings are not set the chances are small so as I've said - the only solution would be to set at least 'low ratings' for clubs that have 0's.

( Martins was never a 170+ player)

the problem is the PA. 

But this is a underlying problem.

i think that there is not a PA IRL like it is in FM (cause clearly physical attributes have limits but in FM we get players at 15yo that at the age should be already set - a 15yo with 1 for pace should not reach 20 even with 200pa for example - so the limit  IRL is already set in the current attributes that cannot improve utmostly).

But

Even if we said that PA is realilty, then how something of genetic can be linked to the quality of facility? Do youth coaches are modern nazi-scientist who make genetic experiment?

So if there was a PA, that should be random.

13 ore fa, Bigpole ha scritto:

I've checked nigeria and ivory coast - both seem fine to me, only academies and first division clubs are set but they should be able to produce quality newgens. And Ebedei is one of the best in africa in youth coaching and facilities. 

Academies should be set as affiliated only when they are affiliated in real life. The only solution to this problem would be setting each club 'correct' rating but since there's a lack of people doing research in africa, it's hard to do it correctly (or at all).

First step: you're obviously right, I add for example the Académie MimoSifcom as ASEC Mimosas' academy. I can't add CFDFA as academy of Africa Sports d'Abidjan, another example, if it's not in real life.

Second step: I set reputations for each clubs (in my database) every year. Concerned PA ratings for second levels, as I said above, the facilities are poor. It's not a question of researchers, quality players grew up in academies, in Ivory Coast there a lot of academies. How many players results in Europe from Songon FC, RFC Yamoussoukro or US Fermiers?, Zero. When a club have a decent academy I set it in the database as obvious (maybe I can forgot one or two, but surely will be in next game patch and so on).

As always if you have some suggestion with proof (facilities images, articles etc. Or club "X" have low quality facilities compared to reality) I'll happy to add into the db ;) .

And one more thing I'd like to point out - we have to remember that in real life scouts from france for example spot these talented africans and bring them to france in (pre)newgen age. So players with african nationality are in youth intake in france for example.