Sports Interactive Community
lex311085

Are we closer to finding out what supporter profile does

Passion, Affluence, Loyalty, Temperament, Expectations, 

what bearing does passion and temperament have on the game? I would imagine affluence and loyalty have an affect on attendance. Expectations I would imagine would make the fans turn on you if you're not meeting them.

What does passion really do though or is it just in there for visual aesthetics?

Affluence has to do with fan spending power. I think it is correlated with fan related income as well as the ability to match higher prices. I think it is also related to how many away fans you can have travelling around the country or the continent. 

Loyalty is a matter of attendance when you're not doing well, so a team with high loyalty will have more inelastic changes in attendance.

Temperament could be something that causes stadium bans and fines due to fan behavior, but I cannot recall ever seeing that in the FM series. 

Passion is another weird one. I do not use sounds in my game, so I guess it could also be an enhancement unit for supporters' sound during games, as well as the ocassional flare that used to appear in past versions. It could also be something that affects home and away teams. A passionate home ground potentially is harder to win at than a less passionate one perhaps. 

Expectations is something new, no clue what it could be. Obviously it is related to what kind of expectations the fans have and how demanding they are, but not sure how that translates. Maybe it's something that adds pressure on the board as much as it does on the manager/team? 

Edited by Yuko

@Yuko pretty much sums it up.

In combination, the supporter profile influences:

How many turn up for home games

How many turn up to away games

How many keep turning up if you get relegated

How much money they spend in the club shop

What ticket price they are prepared to pay

How patient they are with a new manager

A lot of the social media stuff I believe is influenced by supporter profiles

Can potentially turn the board or influence the board for or against the manager.

All the above depending on whether you meet their expectations or not.

Can these attributes change over time? Let's say you are a non-league club who becomes a world powerhouse over the course of years? Would the supporters expectations rise?

3 hours ago, Pattric_b said:

Can these attributes change over time? Let's say you are a non-league club who becomes a world powerhouse over the course of years? Would the supporters expectations rise?

I would imagine so.

Il ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 in 20:09 , Snorks ha scritto:

@Yuko pretty much sums it up.

In combination, the supporter profile influences:

How many turn up for home games

How many turn up to away games

How many keep turning up if you get relegated

How much money they spend in the club shop

What ticket price they are prepared to pay

How patient they are with a new manager

A lot of the social media stuff I believe is influenced by supporter profiles

Can potentially turn the board or influence the board for or against the manager.

All the above depending on whether you meet their expectations or not.

You have forgotten also that they influence player's morale by the comments on player performances in the boardroom section.

11 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

You have forgotten also that they influence player's morale by the comments on player performances in the boardroom section.

Hadn't forgotten, didn't know it did. Makes sense though.

Il ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2019 in 22:07 , Snorks ha scritto:

Hadn't forgotten, didn't know it did. Makes sense though.

I've send an email to Sigames in august if fans opinion have an impact on player's morale, and they reply to me in this way:

"The supporters can affect the player's morale, but it is usually not the main factor in deciding their morale".

So i think that they could influence their morale in two different situations:

1) the player is a favourite staff/icon/legend and they have a positive opinion about them (and you can check also in staff report at the voice "fan perception")

2) with the comments about the performances. I've seen in comments that they are positive if they are favourite staff/icon/legend. But also in the case that their opinion is good over 80% in the blu line, even if they aren't in the favourite staff and so on. And they're negative under a certain percentual (i've not defined so far), or when the trust of the supporters in match is near 0% and they are in rage about the result and the bad performances about a player (and player morale drop down).

Edited by Matteo3champions

2 hours ago, lex311085 said:

Is there any update on this in fm20. Does any of it make a difference to anything

AFAIK it hasn't changed in FM20 - at least, I certainly haven;t heard of anything changing it.