Sports Interactive Community
BMNJohn

[FM19] Rebuilding extinct nations - Discussion

Hello,

I wanted to start this thread to create discussion around (potentially) resurrecting nations that no longer exist. I'm not necessarily going to be the one making those database and may not even be posting a lot. I at least want to create a thread where people can talk and share their findings regarding those topics.

As you may know, it is possible to resurrect or defunct nations thanks to some files created by the community. It's also possible to change the structure if the UEFA Nations League to accommodate for that. I will link to the relevant threads below. I will also link to the FM16 Iron Curtain database, that featured a similar setup: maybe @MBarbaric can chime in... That said and as I've said elsewhere, you may need a lot more work than that to make such database viable... if it's possible at all! :lol: Among things that could use more consideration would be not only tweak the Nations League, but every other UEFA competition including the U19s to account for the correct number of teams; changing the Champions' League and Europa League qualification places; making sure the World Cup qualifying tournament works properly... in other words, a huge ordeal that may go against hard-coded features in the database.

As for myself, I tried resurrecting Yugoslavia. This involved not only removing all seven ex-Yugoslavian countries from Europe and moving Yugoslavia into the continent; but also changing the nationality of every club and local region; changing the first and second nationality of every people; copying tax rules, transfer preferences, transfer and wage values from the biggest sports country from the area, which unsurprisingly is Croatia; among other things I may have forgotten. And for the most part, it would work... if the database wasn't consistently crashing on December 15th no matter what. :lol: I had thought that the UEFA U19s Championship was the issue, but deleting it didn't fix it. I thought not having 55 countries/national teams in Europe was the problem, but adding back six out of the seven ex-Yugoslavian countries to make up for it doesn't change anything. Thought it was that I didn't add leagues to the nation; that's not it. That said, and as seen in a thread I'm going to link to, you can indeed just "replace" a nation by another one and it works seamlessly (and works even without nations rules nor leagues mind you). I've replaced France by Yugoslavia with no issue whatsoever. I'm going to link to my editor files below; may anyone find some use to them.

As I said before, it may very well be a completely pointless endeavour, and I have to warn you about that. Nevertheless, for those who may attempt such a challenge, now you have my experience in the matter. I still  hope the thread is going to get somewhere though...

Quick Yugoslavian Leagues.fmf

Quick Yugoslavian UNLv3.fmf

Edited by BMNJohn

Nice to see that the thread picked itself up! :lol:

One of the other things I've been thinking about, is whether you want to retain the particularities of each now "merged" countries or want to create a more "uniform" nation. And by that, I'm thinking notably about the spoken languages, and the way FM treats the languages. By default, Yugoslavia uses Croatian and Serbian as their languages. In reality, many of you know there are multiple languages spoken in the area. At a national level, we of course have the aforementioned two but also Bosnian, Macedonian, Slovenian, and... Albanian in Kosovo. On top of that, you also have places and cities inside a given country that may speak another language than the supposedly official language of a country. As such and for example, you have in the FM database cities in Bosnia that speak Croatian or Serbian . You even have languages that don't even seem to fit: you have cities in Serbia where the spoken language is... Slovakian. Or Hungarian. Or even Bulgarian!

This links into how FM, to my knowledge, treats languages (and by extension the name pool). You can add a language at a national level, local level and at city level. Let's say that your club is the FK Balkanski Dimitrovgrad. It's based in Dimitrovgrad, Serbia. According to the database the spoken language in the city of Dimitrovgrad is Bulgarian (hopefully not linked to a certain tennis player!), and therefore everyone from this city knows fluent Bulgarian. Now, let's say you manage to sign a player from the FK Vojvodina Novi Sad based in... Novi Sad, Serbia. Considering the player is just as Serb as the other ones in the club and that everyone speaks Serb, will your player fit it Dimitrovgrad? Nope, he won't! He needs to learn Bulgarian to be able to communicate and properly fit in. Even though everyone can speak Serbian and that it's the official language of the country. The language setting of the city tends to take precedence over the national setting, everyone speaks it fluently and is required to speak it to fit in... except if it's redundant with the local region's setting.

What about local level languages? Well, it's not as strict as city level languages. First of, because a local region uses a given language, neither player or staff are guaranteed to be able to speak it fluently. Most of the time and in my experience, they range from completely incompetent to "Good", and fluency in the language will be rather rare. To scratch that record even deeper, even if you were to set for example both French and Spanish Basque regions to speak 100 Basque, your players from those regions are not guaranteed to speak fluent Basque, and will be expected to know either Spanish or French to fit in their respective country. Therefore it's more of a bonus when a player signs somewhere where they will  be able to leverage their Basic or Good knowledge in another language to fit in faster in a club/city. That said, if the local region's language is redundant with the city's language (say you set a city to Slovenian and the local region to use Slovenian), the local setting will take precedence. You will end up with the people not speaking fluently the city's language. Therefore, the local region is good to add additional languages and flavour to a city/country, but not to create an obligation.

Moreover, which language will a nation prefer at a general level? Well, the language that's first in the database... even if both have a 100% setting. For the United States it means English, even though Spanish is at 100 percent. For Yugoslavia this means Croatian, even with Serbian at 100 percent. And AFAIK, they're not guaranteed to speak the second language fluently... if at all.

Lastly, what does this do to the name pool? According to another post in a five year old thread...

On 15/04/2014 at 10:25, nigerio said:

Also I'm working on this matter and I did the following tests in some swiss clubs which represent strangers communities, f.i. FC Kosova Zurich (team formed quite totally by kosovar or albanian players).

To make this test I forced game to fill missing players in available teams, so it created random young and older players without waiting the creation of young regens in the club. These are the results:

1) I kept the nation and continental cup nation in Switzerland, and change the based nation in Albania: all staff was albanian (good) while players were quite totally swiss with swiss names and the worst result was that all players seemed to play in Albania because in every personal details tab appeared the number of days in this country (Albania!!!) before getting the 2nd nationailty. It's weird because swiss players playing in Switzerland could get albanian nationality... Bad.

2) I kept the nation, based in nation and continental cup nation in Switzerland, then I duplicated base city (Zurich), creating a sort of city quarter (Zurich qt. Kosovo), keeping swiss nationality but changing population (10% of total according to real stats about immigration in Switzerland) and changing the spoken language (albanian): I had a good result because staff and many players were only swiss, some players were swiss/albanian but all of them had realistic albanian mixed names and speaking albanian language together with german or french (swiss main languages). Good.

3) I tried the 2nd test changing the nationality of the duplicated city (set in Albania) but keeping it in a swiss region: result wasn't good and totally unrealistic because all players and staff were only albanian! Too Bad!

I didn't edit stadium place in any test.

In my opinion the 2nd test is the best even if not perfect. Hope it can help :) .

So, in cities where a language is set up, you can expect a lot more dual-citizenship and a portion of the names to be drawn from the language's name pool.

As an addendum... not every ex-Yugoslavian country has local regions. Serbia has multiple ones, Kosovo has just one that contains every city in Kosovo, and Slovenia has... none. But a city is a bit more than a language or a local region: it's also a population (inhabitant range), a localization in latitude and longitude, an attractiveness... and a weather. Because I suspect it might be useful to the creation of cup draw rules or relegation rules, I've chosen to rename certain local regions to the name of the seven ex-Yugoslavian nations and add the right cities to their respective local regions. I have kept (or at least, hopefully didn't screw up) the correct weather for each city/local region. I've also added the nation's language to the cities that had no language setting: it makes it so that most cities in Bosnia speak Bosnian rather than the national Serb or Croatian setting... although as you can see below, it's not fool proof: we can have a player from Beograd who speaks better Croatian than Serb. Ah, the joys of tweaking with Football Manager's database... :brock:

And of course, have the Editor file for fun. You can load Yugoslavia on the save creation screen because I've added back the seven ex-Yugo countries back to Europe. It still crashes on December 15th mind you. I haven't looked into it, but I have no clue what happens on that date. But the, I didn't add them back to the world rankings so... :onmehead:

Also, this kind of interesting thing can happen. Apparently it only applies to Istra 1961 among the 40 clubs that are loaded. Those with Croatian main citizenship also tend to know a lot more languages, even at a Basic level, than those with Yugoslavian main citizenship. There may be a hard coded setting for this club... even though I'm not sure why it would be. 

Language Test.fmf

fm_2019-02-13_08-20-06.png

Edited by BMNJohn
An hypothetical was answered.

My guess is that the language setting for Croatia are different than Yugoslavia. For instance if you edit Croatia so everyone speaks Chinese on top of Croatian, then that'll probably also go for the ones with Croatia as second nationality.

Also, great to see a fellow Yugo-editor! I'm currently updating an old database I made. It's Federal divisions 1, 2, 3 and inter-republic divisions North, East, South West and then a lower league.

Cup-wise it gets interesting: Each republic has its own cup. So there's a serbian cup, a croatian cup etc. Then the cup winners meet in a Cup Winners Cup  that is the FA CUp in the editor. So you have to win that one to get the Europa League spot. It's a way for Kosovo and Macedonia to get a shot at a euro spot, even though their teams are very low in the federal league system.

5 hours ago, Amagerbrawler said:

My guess is that the language setting for Croatia are different than Yugoslavia. For instance if you edit Croatia so everyone speaks Chinese on top of Croatian, then that'll probably also go for the ones with Croatia as second nationality.

The thing is that this is specific only to Istra 1961. There's no other club in Yugoslavia, even from "Croatia" that has that issue. Rijeka doesn't have that issue, neither does Hajduk, Osijek, Dinamo; you name it. Of course, bear in mind that there are only 40 clubs loaded so it's not like it's exact science either. I tried looking at the forums and Wikipedia to see if there would be something specific to Istra that would be hard-coded, but I haven't seen anything so far. Obviously removing Croatia from the database fixes the problem...

5 hours ago, Amagerbrawler said:

Also, about the crashing of the game: did you delete the other nations? Because that will make it crash.  

Oh, it crashes regardless. :lol: Crashes with all seven countries + Yugoslavia, crashes with only Yugoslavia and the seven evil exes removed. When I replaced Croatia by Yugoslavia and kept all other countries unchanged it crashed as well. My issue is that the date is oddly specific, and I can't find something related to the 15th of December, like a new stage in a competition or similar. At least not so far.

You will need to keep all nations in the game for FM19. The Iron Curtain mod was build in FM16, which doesn't mind removing nations.

It is possible that the Nations League or something is set up around that date. It very much sounds like the date the ties are decided for an international competition that starts somewhere the summer afterwards.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You will need to keep all nations in the game for FM19. The Iron Curtain mod was build in FM16, which doesn't mind removing nations.

The Iron Curtain was also build by modifying existing nations rather than resurrecting/replacing old ones with current nations. However, when I replaced France by Yugoslavia, I had no issues whatsoever. No crashes, no nothing with years of simulating, even though I hadn't added a league system. So what are the big differences between replacing France with Yugoslavia, and replacing Croatia with Yugoslavia? Well, in the first case it's not much more than a completely aesthetic change: technically speaking, nothing changed besides the name of the country. In the second case, some countries no longer have clubs, cities or local regions; the scars in the database are much deeper. That said, you're right in pointing out that older FMs were able to run regardless, which is something I had noticed in FM15 with an user database that had also resurrected Yugoslavia. I'll try an "aesthetic" change (simple swap with Croatia or whichever while keeping the other six countries vanilla) to see if it still breaks. If it does break (which would make little sense since the French swap worked), well it will be time to look elsewhere. Good thing I pointed out that this project may never work! :p

It is possible that the Nations League or something is set up around that date. It very much sounds like the date the ties are decided for an international competition that starts somewhere the summer afterwards.

That's what I thought, but I'm not figuring out which one so far. It doesn't seem to be the Nations' League because it finishes earlier and the draw is called earlier as well. It's not the Champions' League nor the Europa League. I need to triple or quadruple check (if not more) other international competitions like World Cup qualifyings.

Edited by BMNJohn

UPDATE STATUS:

1) Most likely, it was the UEFA World Cup Qualifying that was causing crashes on December 15th; even though it was supposed to be scheduled on the 15th of December 2020 and not 2018. Theoretically it shouldn't have crashed before a couple of years. By exporting the Iron Curtain International Competition rules from FM2016 to FM2019 to see if something would beak, I've managed to simulate until the 19th of November 2019 before crashing, which allowed me to complete a season. There are two competitions that could be problematic on November 19th, 2019 as shown below; but the takeaway is that it will be needed to rebuild international qualifying. I wish I could use an Editor file with the vanilla rules like you can with common nations/leagues rules, at least that would save time rather than doing it from scratch! I also can't just "extinct" the World Cup, but I sure can delete it... which has the side effect of deleting the Euro as well and creates a crash on November of 2019. Whoops. So I deleted every national team competition, and it's simulating. So far, no crashes!

fm_2019-02-14_14-43-09.pngfm_2019-02-14_14-41-06.png

2) If you remove all ex-Yugoslavian countries from the European continent, it breaks the league setup when you create a save: when you tick Austria it adds Spain; when you tick Greece it adds Ukraine; when you tick Italy, it adds Yugoslavia; so on and so forth. You also cannot use the "Add/Remove Leagues" to add any league. Nevertheless, you can always add leagues later on anyway by going to the nation of interest, right clicking the competition you want to add, and click "Add As Playable League", as shown below. That said, it would most likely result in a cleaner experience. When I played a FM15 save in Yugoslavia but with the seven exes still in the db, you could still see regens being generated in the German lower leagues having dual German and Croatian/Serbian/etc. citizenship, and therefore playing for their second country in the Nations' League... with no hope of getting anywhere, especially since their nation wasn't a full FIFA member anyway.

fm_2019-02-14_15-59-13.png

3) The Europa League and Champions' League seem rather adept at sorting themselves out without further modification. When I played a FM15 save in Yugoslavia but with the seven exes still in the db (second time!), the Europa and Champions' League would fill the missing spots by drawing European teams at random. I may have typed that before, but seeing the Real Madrid's Castilla reaching the Second Qualifying Phase of the Champions' League was nothing short of hilarious. This time around, I haven't seen such behaviour so far. That said, thanks to RB Leipzig winning the EL, Germany ends up with five teams in the CL. Here is the bottom of the Qualification Places page; compared to a vanilla save (on the right), you have four less teams in the CL, and 10 less in the EL. The few differences I've noticed? In the "Champions - Second Qualifying Phase" rules of the Champions' League, the vanilla database features 32 teams while the "Yugoslavian" database features 34 teams; in the "Best Placed - Second Qualifying Phase", the vanilla database features 4 teams, and the Yugoslavian one features 6 teams. While I haven't checked on how the EL sorts this out (or if it can) his indicates a certain flexibility in the rule set of the Champions' League. The good news is that it shouldn't be necessary to modify the CL to make it work; and it's likely that it's not going to be necessary for the EL either but I cannot confirm it. Unless if you want to modify the qualification of places of each country, which is something I do not know how to do!

fm_2019-02-14_16-27-33.pngfm_2019-02-14_17-03-58.thumb.png.6566824a5df001f2fb5530990fa4e486.png

EDIT: Related to the language thing... You really need to add most, if not every language spoken in a country to the official languages of the country. Otherwise you can end up signing (or generating) players in for example, Bosnia, who will learn Bosnian, perhaps stay for five years but cannot ask for citizenship because they don't speak a word of Croatian or Serbian, which are the official languages. You can get a pass with Hungarian or Slovakian since they're really specific, but you really need to add the other ones. It's not an issue right now because there's no squad rules at all, so clubs can sign all the non-EU players they want. That said, if you were to add such rules, it's a huge drawback to your ability to sign players compared to clubs based in the local regions of Croatia or Serbia.

Edited by BMNJohn

With regards to point 2, there is an easy fix. The screen where you pick your Nations is ordered alphabetically. Despite not showing, your deleted countries are still there. If you change, say, Croatia to ZzzCroatia and do the same to all other countries you deleted the screen will work properly again.

With regards to point 3, since you don't have to rebuild the European Cups, does that mean the coefficients stay in place as well?

With regards to point 3, since you don't have to rebuild the European Cups, does that mean the coefficients stay in place as well?

I don't understand you mean about the coefficients staying in place. Maybe you're talking about nations moving up or down the qualification places ranking, in which case the system remains fully fluid and functional. Over the roughly 50 years I've simulated, Yugoslavia moved from 17th (where Croatia is or thereabouts today) to 5th both in the nations' Reputation rankings and in the Nation Club Coefficients table... with actually quite little success in continental cups: 3 wins and four finals in EL and nothing at CL level. That said, only the Yugoslavian league is loaded, so it's not really realistic.

fm_2019-02-16_12-34-40.png

fm_2019-02-16_12-40-36.png

Edited by BMNJohn

Yeah, that's what I meant

Wished it worked like that in my Iron Curtain edit, but FM16 doesn't allow it.

Edited by Wolf_pd

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yeah, that's what I meant

Wished it worked like that in my Iron Curtain edit, but FM16 doesn't allow it.

It only works because FM allows it to work; considering my experience, I was expecting it to break in some way. I'm surprised it doesn't create any issues whatsoever because it used to. I supposed that the added flexibility was engineered in case a team was to flunk FFP and got banned from European competition. But after further thought, I imagined that the extra spot would just go to another team. That's also a reason why I'm very reluctant to deal with the USSR; because while the CL/EL do work somewhat, I'm not sure the Asian equivalents would play as nice.

Now I need to figure out how to rebuild the European Football Championship and the World Cup. I have no idea how the vanilla rules work, because I don't think you can just open them up like you can with vanilla leagues within a nation and compare/make changes: you kinda have to re-do everything from scratch. I might consider adding Czechoslovakia if needed because Europe would then feature an even number of national teams. But mostly if not only it made it easier to create a system with an even number of teams rather than an odd number of teams. The biggest benefit would be that the UEFA Nations' League would feature a consistent amount of teams per group: with Yugoslavia all groups contain three teams but one group that contains four teams.

I'm mostly trying to see what's possible, what would be problematic and what is not possible. It's time to dig into the forums and see what other people came up with. My interest right now is more on how to make the Euro and World Cup work, rather than  adding/removing more countries.

New experiment: I set every ex-Yugoslavian language to have Yugoslavia as a country (as well as Albanian by mistake; damn you Kosovo!). This was in order to see what influence it would have; after all it doesn't make much sense to have a language assigned to a country that doesn't exist, does it? I simulated for roughly 25-30 seasons until the 2040s. And here's a sample of the most noticeable result:

FMGenieScout_2019-02-19_13-04-29.thumb.png.cdedd33e54573c492f02150dd4a04e32.png

So we have a healthy dose Andriy, Vladislav, Sergey, Nikolay or Igor, and very few (if any) last names ending with the trademark Serbian "ović". That sure felt like a blast from the past; slapped by communism right into the name pool! There's a couple of players having Dragan or Aleksandar (co-existing with the Russian variant Alexandr) as a first name, one or two Mitrović, Petković or Bogdan as far as last names go, but that's really it.

So the takeaway here? There is a Yugoslavian name pool, but a melting pot of various Eastern European name... at best. The most shocking thing to me was that the presence and retirement of existing and very real ex-Yugoslavian players didn't seem to have a huge impact on the name pool. That was something I wasn't expecting at all; I'm very used to read the influence of the name of real players to the name pool of the nation/language. Compare and contrast with a save with an empty database and languages still linked to the now extinct nations (so nothing but regens):

FMGenieScout_2019-02-19_15-48-06.thumb.png.bc7bea4524f8e728ebb91a325ceca81e.png

Sounds a lot more Balkanese, ain't it?

Oh, additionally that experiment seems to do very little to the probability of dual-citizenship in other countries. I had loaded Australia by curiosity, a known land of emigration for Balkanese players and country where a lot of players hold both a Balkanese (plus Greece) and an Australian passport. Had 5 players in the 2040s with dual Yugoslavian/Australian citizenship, and obviously they had English names; what else would make sense after all? A far cry from what it actually is in reality, where the Australian league is filled with such players.

Edited by BMNJohn

Aight, I have under my nose the vanilla ruleset of most international competitions. I don't know if it's going to work. That said, it's still some kind of progress.

editor_2019-02-23_00-43-33.png

EDIT: The UEFA U-19 Qualifiers doesn't load, so there's no way to modify it: you have to redo it based on the rules section of FM. There doesn't seem to be a qualifying tournament for the Olympic Games in Europe, nor the U-20 World Cup overall nor there is a section in their rule set that tells you which teams qualify and how. That said, the Dependencies section under General kinda suggests that the U-21 Euro is used in some way for the Olympic Games. And there's nothing under the Stages section for the UEFA Euro Qualifiers.

EDIT 2: The biggest limitation is that I haven't found a way to see how the Euro Qualifiers are put together. And that's the first thing that crashes when I simulate. I don't know where to find the rules nor how to import them.

EDIT3: Oh, and I tried putting together the U19s Euro Qualifiers. Doesn't work for some reason, even when I try to override the rules. At least if it crashed it would be something to work with, but right now FM simply ignores my attempt at changing anything.

Edited by BMNJohn

Faced with the impossibility to load vanilla rules for the UEFA European Championships Qualifiers or the U19s Qualifiers, I decided to at least try to re-create both the World Cup and the Euro... except that it didn't go smoothly: I logged an error as soon as I tried the new rule set. The error has been experienced by another user, so I've added my contribution to the relevant thread you may find below.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Germaniac said:

Interesting, I really want something like the Iron Curtain database for FM19.

I've had a couple of other threads that stemmed from this one. The bottom line is that this endeavour involves re-doing most if not all of international competitions because they are tightly interwoven, and I can't be arsed. :lol: For example, you'd have to redo the AFC Asian Cup from scratch due to some link with the Confederations Cup, competition that has some link with the World Cup, which has some link to the European Football Championship that you had to re-do because you can't edit the original rules since they don't appear in the Editor when you try to summon them.

:ackter:

Edited by BMNJohn

On 23/02/2019 at 00:50, BMNJohn said:

Aight, I have under my nose the vanilla ruleset of most international competitions. I don't know if it's going to work. That said, it's still some kind of progress.

editor_2019-02-23_00-43-33.png

EDIT: The UEFA U-19 Qualifiers doesn't load, so there's no way to modify it: you have to redo it based on the rules section of FM. There doesn't seem to be a qualifying tournament for the Olympic Games in Europe, nor the U-20 World Cup overall nor there is a section in their rule set that tells you which teams qualify and how. That said, the Dependencies section under General kinda suggests that the U-21 Euro is used in some way for the Olympic Games. And there's nothing under the Stages section for the UEFA Euro Qualifiers.

EDIT 2: The biggest limitation is that I haven't found a way to see how the Euro Qualifiers are put together. And that's the first thing that crashes when I simulate. I don't know where to find the rules nor how to import them.

EDIT3: Oh, and I tried putting together the U19s Euro Qualifiers. Doesn't work for some reason, even when I try to override the rules. At least if it crashed it would be something to work with, but right now FM simply ignores my attempt at changing anything.

Is there something similar for CLUBS' continental competitions maybe??

I remember seeing posts about those rulesets on several other threads...

12 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

Is there something similar for CLUBS' continental competitions maybe??

I remember seeing posts about those rulesets on several other threads...

You can summon the vanilla ruleset, but to make significant changes you will have to scrap it... and unless I'm mistaken, it also scraps the coefficient system, forcing countries to stay with the same number of places regardless of the performance of their clubs. Don't ask me about that since I'm no expert, go here instead.

Posted (edited)

If you can't use Yugoslavia as a nation, you can at least use it as a wrapper: have all (ex-)Yugoslavian clubs "defend" Yugoslavia as their continental cup nation (even though the country isn't a FIFA full member), but still have the seven national teams operate separately. Yugoslavia has no youth rating, no staff, no cities, no local regions, no stadium, nothing: it's purely used as a sort of "super Balkanise league". I saw another thread where someone did something similar but used Gibraltar as "Yugoslavia"; I prefer to simply resurrect the nation and leave Gibraltar alone: Brexit already is a tough pill to swallow! :lol:

It works, and FM generates few -if any- players with the Yugoslavian citizenship. That said, obviously clubs from Serbia or Croatia still generate stronger regens than say, Macedonia or Slovenia. The CL and EL still work fine with no bad surprise, even though the seven nations still appear in the coefficient table. The Nations' League and UEFA European Football Championship Qualifiers are configured to use only 55 countries out of the 56 vanilla ones (excluding Crimea), so it doesn't use Yugoslavia either. That said, Yugoslavia still plays friendlies of no consequence as they simply lose every match. Ideally Yugoslavia would be like Crimea: completely disabled despite the possibility to host a league. The seven exes would also be out of the coefficient table, even if it does nothing. After ten years of simulation, I think either FM generated exactly one Yugoslavian player, or they instantly retire as they're generated outside of clubs and have no hope of even playing football.

Like with the "original" project, the reputation and coefficient of such an association of clubs rapidly raises. As with the original project, if you simulate long enough Yugoslavia ends up around the 5th or 6th place in the reputation rankings. None of the clubs are good enough to make a dent in European football through cup finals or victories , but the sheer density of decently reputable clubs (and the lack of any league rules whatsoever) allow the league to still generate a decent amount of interest.

To be honest, this isn't what I would've wanted, and not something I'm too hot about either. This is mostly a Serbo-Croatian party with a few extra clubs here and there to fill the numbers; and at that, mostly the GNK Dinamo-Crvena Zvezda-Partizan trifecta dominating everything. By virtue of having no specific rules nor seeding, the national cup has more varied winners throughout the seasons... but only by a very slight margin. The top clubs of these twos countries have better money, facilities, reputation and the youth rating being what it is, it gives no opportunity to other clubs, especially those from smaller countries, to even hope to raise their level. Well with the difference in finances and reputation it wouldn't have happened even if the country was unified anyway. :onmehead:

Here's a few pictures of illustrative purpose, and the database itself. Anyone can reuse it; I would actually welcome it. It's still using 19.1 database; no way I was going to redo everything from scratch!

fm_2019-06-15_17-29-50.png

fm_2019-06-15_17-20-15.png

fm_2019-06-15_17-30-08.png

fm_2019-06-15_17-28-22.png

New Yugo Project.fmf

Edited by BMNJohn