Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hasan Sas

Can't load game - a serious error was encountered and the application will close

I am unable to load the game at all. 

I have tried the various steps you have suggested. Some crash dumps and the Dx.Diag file are attached. 

The game gets as far as installing Microsoft Direct X for Windows and then says the serious error has occurred. Help please. 

FM 2015 v15.3.2.627042 (2019.02.06 18.48.13).dmp

FM 2015 v15.3.2.627042 (2019.02.04 20.41.12).dmp

FM 2015 v15.3.2.627042 (2019.02.06 18.20.04).dmp

FM 2015 v15.3.2.627042 (2019.02.06 18.22.33).dmp

FM 2015 v15.3.2.627042 (2019.02.06 18.28.28).dmp

DxDiag.txt

I presume that the game has run OK before? Is this just one save that doesnt load or does the backup save load?

tell me what you have done form the help suggestions but having looked at the dxdiag report, I suggest updating the graphics card driver

Thank you for getting back to me. 

This is a new laptop and so the first time trying to play. It is very frustrating. 

I have checked and the latest Net Framework is installed. As is the graphics card driver.  I have, however, not been able to install DirectX. When I try, it says "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXEError.log and Direct/log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

Also I have been unable to check if the FM.exe has the compatibility mode unselected as there is no 'compatibility' tab. I have though been able to do this for Steam.

I have also deleting my settings files as shown and verifying the game cache and changed the GPU rendering.

I'm totally at a loss. 

According to your dxdiag report, the graphics card driver is nearly 3 years old and on a new machine, I find it hard to believe that this is the latest driver