Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brad B

Crash dump at start up

Hello,

My FM save has been crashing on start up.  I have deleted cache and preferences as well as deleted and reloaded graphics drivers.  I would love to get back to playing...any advice you could give would be much appreciated.  Please see attached DxDiag and one of my most recent crash dumps.

Thanks!

Brad

DxDiag.txt

FM 2019 v19.2.3.1187971 (2019.02.05 10.26.53).dmp

Hey @Brad B,

There appears to be an issue with your graphics card,

Could you please let us know which graphical settings you are running at and how big your database size is?

Also, are you running any custom graphics or databases,

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

I believe I had it running on the highest graphical setting and I had 8 or 9 leagues running.  I deleted all of the other custom stuff I had running on it.  It was working great as I had played about 50 odd hours before this problem occurred.

Thanks!

Brad

Hey there Hugo,

I was able to get all the way to main menu where I changed my graphics settings from "high" to "medium."  I got to my leagues screen and saw I had 11 leagues running with 54000 players.  It crashed again before I could make any changes.  Now it's crash dumping again during the start up screens.  

Thanks,

Brad

I was in the process of responding when my computer crashed... anyways I can't attach a save game as I only have 9.77mb.

Hi Hugo,

Cleaned card and performance remains the same... still crashing during start up screens.  Unable to get to actual game to change leagues.  Have asked AMD for support as well.  

Cheers,

Brad

Hi guys,

After trying all of your suggestions and contacting my desktops manufacturer and Graphics card manufacturer...I really had no solution.  I downloaded some drivers from my desktop's manufacturer which didn't seem to help.  A few days later, everything started working again.  I played FM19 without any problems for a few weeks and loaded more leagues back in and a logo pack.  Still no problems everything was working great.  Then one morning, I played for a bit and then went out and when I came back it was crashing again during the start up process.  Sometimes right away, sometimes a few screens in, sometimes at the main menu.  Clearly this is very frustrating... please have a look at my latest crash dump file and I'll attach my dxdiag as well.  Maybe the crash dump files can shed some light as to why this is happening.  This started before the update...I've attached an earlier file from before the update and my most recent.  Thanks!

Brad

DxDiag.txt FM 2019 v19.3.0.1200123 (2019.03.01 17.27.16).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.2.1201536 (2019.03.07 12.07.34).dmp

Hey @Brad B,

Could you please let us know exactly which Radeon graphics card you have,

Your dxdiag doesn't specify exactly which card it is,

Could you please delete any custom graphics and logos and just start a barebones game,

Let us know if this works,

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Hopefully the info below helps... I've deleted all my custom graphics and logos and just like before it made it to the menu screen before crashing.  

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

Device ID - 9874
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 8433
SubSystem Vendor ID - 103C
Revision ID - E1
Bus Type - PCI
Current Bus Settings - PCI
BIOS Version - 015.048.000.071
BIOS Part Number - 109-C95010-S04
BIOS Date - 2017/08/17 21:13
Memory Size - 512 MB
Memory Type - DDR4
Memory Clock - 1200 MHz
Core Clock - 1108 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 38 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 2.40 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Also tried restoring my computer to before the most recent Windows 10 update with no luck.  No changes...still crashes during the startup or menu screen.

Could you please try the following:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

The good news is that your advice appears to have worked.  I played for a few hours today and everything was great.  The bad news is that I just had a Windows update and now the game crashes when I try to load my game from the startup screen.  Will uninstall the update and see what happens.

Thanks,

Brad

Is it generating a crash dump when it crashes? If so, please attach it here. 

Thanks. 

No crash dump generated... crashes to a black screen and then back to Steam menu. I have to use Task Manager to close FM19 as it won't let me click on anything or select anything.  

Thanks Neil,

Brad

On 15/03/2019 at 18:58, Brad B said:

No crash dump generated... crashes to a black screen and then back to Steam menu. I have to use Task Manager to close FM19 as it won't let me click on anything or select anything.  

Thanks Neil,

Brad

Could you please uninstall FM,

Then could you disable your antivirus and reinstall the game and run it as a test,

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

The game ran fine for about a week before starting to crash again last night... disabled antivirus and reinstalled.  The game crashed again.  I tried it again earlier today and it worked fine and played again tonight and it crashed about 45 minutes into my game.  Tried to restart a few times and it crashes.  Frustrating.

Thanks,

Brad

10 hours ago, Brad B said:

Hi Hugo,

The game ran fine for about a week before starting to crash again last night... disabled antivirus and reinstalled.  The game crashed again.  I tried it again earlier today and it worked fine and played again tonight and it crashed about 45 minutes into my game.  Tried to restart a few times and it crashes.  Frustrating.

Thanks,

Brad

Is it still not generating a crash dump?

Could you please try the following:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

It's really strange...didn't change a thing and I started to play today no problems for about an hour until it crashed.  No crash dump is generated it just crashes to a black screen.  Changed the launch option to small screen windowed and it started and then immediately crashed and created a crash dump.  

Cheers,

Brad

FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.03.25 21.08.21).dmp

8 hours ago, Brad B said:

Hi Hugo,

It's really strange...didn't change a thing and I started to play today no problems for about an hour until it crashed.  No crash dump is generated it just crashes to a black screen.  Changed the launch option to small screen windowed and it started and then immediately crashed and created a crash dump.  

Cheers,

Brad

FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.03.25 21.08.21).dmp 226.23 kB · 0 downloads

Hey,

Could you please follow ALL of the instructions in the link below:

Cheers,

Hugo