Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mcbgun84

Failed contract talks... how long to wait?

Hey guys...

If you agree a transfer fee then contract talks break down.... how long do you have to wait before you can agree a transfer again and try again? At the moment I'm seeing the agent saying won't talk as doesn't think contract can be agreed...

Any advice welcomed! 

Not sure if the re is a fixed time for it. 

Ok thanks.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this? If so any rough timescales would be appreciated.

I did have a similar experience with one player whose agent was a bit greedy.

So after the first contract negotiation broke down, I made a new offer a week later just to be refused to talk to the player.

I really wanted that player so what I did was to add him as a transfer target.
The General Manager(?) made an offer the next day and the agent had no trouble letting the player speak to my boss :) He actually did quite a good job in terms of transfer fee and contract terms.

The bottom line is that I don't know if there is a fixed period after you are allowed to interact with the player again, or if it depends on reputation, agent/manager attributes, etc... 

It seems a bit random to me.

I asked my DoF to sign Tonali and he agreed a fee but then not the contract. I went straight back and was allowed to talk to him and agree a better contract. 

However, same thing happened again with a regen. The club then rejected the same offer but eventually accepted a deal for an additional £5m but the player won't discuss anything.

Sorry not much help, I would just keep trying every couple of weeks

It depends on the agent and so on, Sort of how long is a piece of string situation 

Thanks guys...

Yeah no worries, I think I tried the DOF trick but will give it another go and see.

Not a major issue just somewhat frustrating but guess that's the price you pay for trying to haggle too much!!!