Sports Interactive Community
tzgz

Starting playing with a False 9

So, I have recently started a save with Wolves and am eyeing a new striker that can play false 9.

When I search on the market, there are very few suggestions comfortable with playing the role.

I would assume someone like Luka Jovic or Gabriel Barbosa would be good; but any recommendations would be welcome!

Off the top of my head,

Borja Mayoral, Kasper Dolberg, Lautaro Martinez, Ben Woodburn.

Possibly the best I have come across is Rodrygo.

All of them have significant potential :thup:

I’m in market for same at Roma. I picked up Guitane as a development prospect there though I doubt he’s much more than rotation at his peak. Schick has good traits for position for most part even if he doesn’t perfectly fit profile. 

Posted (edited)

@s0ni42 don't look for strikers, look for AMs and IFs. I used Mario Götze as a F9 for a season ahead (but offset) of Reus as a Shadow Striker with Dortmund and he performed well - although strikers still weren't dropping deep enough in that ME, so he was more of a goalscorer than an assister. 

If you have the money, look at Fekir at Lyon (or Memphis, Bertrand Traore, or even Houssem Aouar) or for a more Italian feel you could retrain El Shaaraway who's already at your club, or Justin Kluivert. Bernardeschi, if tempted away from Juventus, would probably be great at it, Domenico Berardi at Sassuolo would be an obvious one too given the relative stature of your two clubs (and the affiliation has got to help smooth negotiations somewhat). Gianluca Caprari at Sampdoria too - more of a rotation option but homegrown at Roma which will help you out. Adnan Januzaj would make a very selfless F9 given his traits. Malcom often gets transfer listed by Barcelona, Muniain from Bilbao certainly has the technicality for it, or Angel Correa from Atletico. David Neres could do it, try Tsygankov from Dynamo Kyiv too.

I was obviously just writing this post as I thought of people, but the outstanding candidate has to be João Felix from Benfica.

I would hesitate to put anyone with "Shoots From Distance" as a trait in the role given they're likely to drop deep, drive at the defence and then ping it no matter if there are better options, but if you don't mind that then Simone Verdi from Napoli would be an option too.

Pretty much everyone bar Götze is best at running with the ball out of my recommendations too, if you want more of a passer then just search for any advanced playmakers / trequartistas.

Edited by zlatanera

3 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@s0ni42 don't look for strikers, look for AMs and IFs. I used Mario Götze as a F9 for a season ahead (but offset) of Reus as a Shadow Striker with Dortmund and he performed well - although strikers still weren't dropping deep enough in that ME, so he was more of a goalscorer than an assister. 

If you have the money, look at Fekir at Lyon (or Memphis, Bertrand Traore, or even Houssem Aouar) or for a more Italian feel you could retrain El Shaaraway who's already at your club, or Justin Kluivert. Bernardeschi, if tempted away from Juventus, would probably be great at it, Domenico Berardi at Sassuolo would be an obvious one too given the relative stature of your two clubs (and the affiliation has got to help smooth negotiations somewhat). Gianluca Caprari at Sampdoria too - more of a rotation option but homegrown at Roma which will help you out. Adnan Januzaj would make a very selfless F9 given his traits. Malcom often gets transfer listed by Barcelona, Muniain from Bilbao certainly has the technicality for it, or Angel Correa from Atletico. David Neres could do it, try Tsygankov from Dynamo Kyiv too.

I was obviously just writing this post as I thought of people, but the outstanding candidate has to be João Felix from Benfica.

I would hesitate to put anyone with "Shoots From Distance" as a trait in the role given they're likely to drop deep, drive at the defence and then ping it no matter if there are better options, but if you don't mind that then Simone Verdi from Napoli would be an option too.

Pretty much everyone bar Götze is best at running with the ball out of my recommendations too, if you want more of a passer then just search for any advanced playmakers / trequartistas.

Thanks for input. Think I’ll use Schick for first full year (January hiring) and see how I feel at end of year. Aesthetically Schick doesn’t look part due to size, but he attributes are pretty well suited for job, at least for short term.

i did get a regen who, despite being 15, is ready for Serie B and has a good starting point in growing into role

4 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

On the top of my head i would think of Ozil, if you want an idea out of the box. I'd be really curious on how he performes as a passer F9

1 hour ago, s0ni42 said:

Thanks for input. Think I’ll use Schick for first full year (January hiring) and see how I feel at end of year. Aesthetically Schick doesn’t look part due to size, but he attributes are pretty well suited for job, at least for short term.

i did get a regen who, despite being 15, is ready for Serie B and has a good starting point in growing into role

There's a reason there were Ibrahimovic comparisons when he was breaking out at Sampdoria and attracting Juventus' interests - he has the technique of a smaller man. I'd be interested to hear how he performs - I was going to manage Roma, and still intend to with a primarily Italian bias but he's been so bad in real life since the move he'd make a great project.

17 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

On the top of my head i would think of Ozil, if you want an idea out of the box. I'd be really curious on how he performes as a passer F9

Now they've fixed the striker movement issues somewhat, that would be really fun to try! 

I’m at start if preseason and I bought Paulinho from Lecerkusen to cover Schick (but primarily an option for inside forward). I mentioned Guitane, but I also found a player in Argentina named Thiago Almeda who looks primed for position. Think he’s a pretty reputable player so maybe not groundbreaking news here. He had interest from lots of Euro powers, but our early interest and constant attention gave us a leg up as we were his preferred location.

unfortunately, we expunged our non-EU slots already do he will stay on loan this year.

On 02/04/2019 at 13:17, zlatanera said:

I would hesitate to put anyone with "Shoots From Distance" as a trait in the role given they're likely to drop deep, drive at the defence and then ping it no matter if there are better options

I untrained that trait. Good catch

Luan and Matheus Cunha are great options for a F9 role. 

On 02/04/2019 at 16:48, s0ni42 said:

I’m in market for same at Roma. I picked up Guitane as a development prospect there though I doubt he’s much more than rotation at his peak. Schick has good traits for position for most part even if he doesn’t perfectly fit profile. 

I mainly played Zaniolo and Schick as F9's when I managed Roma. They did fine, Schick scored about 15 goals from that position. I even played Dzeko at times as a F9 and he did alright too.