FM19: It's Coming Home

Rikulec

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2019/20 - Margate FC

Friendlies

0RAjbZg.png

I couldn't care less about the results really. We got fit and we picked up no injuries.

Transfers

sC0AspK.png

Twelve new players in. After these transfers our media prediction has shot up from 22nd to 17th which has to be a good sign.

James Henry - I hope he's good enough to step up when we need him.

Jordan Rose - a bit hit and miss this one.

Emmanuel Fernandez - he's here to provide depth at centre back.

Danny Divine - not a bad right back. At 19 he could still develop quite nicely.

Mike Carter - one of the better picks of the bunch. Definitely a first choice holding midfielder.

Jack Turner - we only had one goalkeeper, so we naturally needed another.

Connor Stevens - a decent enough centre back, still quite young too.

Darren Foxley - not very good physically, but there are a couple of things to like about him. A non-league Xavi if you will.

Ian Gayle - on paper he's the best player on this list. A beautifully rounded, classy defender.

Taylor Miles - a similar player to Foxley.

Mohamed Bettamer - a really good midfielder.

Tommy Sutter - he'll challenge Divine for his place in the starting line-up.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Good work keeping Hampton & Richmond up, shame about the harsh sacking.

Decent start at Margate, much better than the new man in charge at Hampton & Richmond.

I'll just say it felt great to beat them. :D Cheers.

Too bad that the sack in H&P won't haunt you when you're in Margate FC. But it turns out that your season is not good like the last season. By the way, you should survive this time, Rikulec.:)

Who is the new manager of H&P and how did your team and your former team face each other?

47 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

Too bad that the sack in H&P won't haunt you when you're in Margate FC. But it turns out that your season is not good like the last season. By the way, you should survive this time, Rikulec.:)

Who is the new manager of H&P and how did your team and your former team face each other?

I hope I'll survive indeed!

Hampton & Richmond's new manager is Chris Moyses, formerly of Alfreton. We played each other back in August and we beat them 1:0 at their place. :cool:

5 hours ago, decapitated said:

Surprised at how well Whitehawk is doing. You are doing well, so I don't see you leaving at the end of this season like the last one :) 

Well, it wasn't exactly my decision to leave last season. :lol: I've already signed a new contract with Margate, I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon.

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Season Review - 2019/20 - Margate FC

Vanarama National League South

Results (Aug-Dec) - Results (Jan-May)

Competition Performance: 14th

It was a season of two halves. After a good start we hit a ridiculous slump of form and failed to win in 13 games straight. Thankfully we managed to turn it around and ended up well clear of the relegation zone. Who knows, maybe we would have been capable of a playoff push if the squad had gelled a bit earlier.

FA Cup

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

Could have done better.

FA Trophy

Competition Performance: First Round

Nothing outstanding either.

Squad

Decent. At this level you can't really expect anything spectacular, can you? From now on it's going to be steady improvement rather than overhauling.

Transfers - Finances

A lot of transfers, hardly anything spectacular though. It was all about assembling a squad for survival and the lads did their job.

At this level you need outstanding attendances at home games to be financially sustainable. Ours are bang average.

Player of the Season

1st - Mike Carter - the midfielder who held it all together. He was good when I initially put him in the holding midfielder slot, but later on I pushed him a bit higher up the pitch and it turned out to be the maneuver that triggered our turnaround in form. A remarkably dependable player.

2nd - Kingsley Eshun - 11 goals may not seem that impressive, but the perspective changes when you consider that he was brought into the club in November and didn't even get a pre-season to prepare himself. He's also still young - I have high hopes for him ahead of the new season.

3rd - Jerome Opoku - probably our best defender. He also played a huge part in forming a block that really was quite solid throughout the second half of the season. Still plenty of room to develop for him.

Next Season

Improve the squad and see where it takes us. I fancy our chances for a top half finish.

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Season Preview - 2020/21 - Margate FC

Board Expectations:

Vanarama National League South: Avoid relegation
FA Cup: Fourth Qualifying Round
FA Trophy: First Round

My Expectations:

Vanarama National League South: I'd like to improve upon last season, so 13th is the minimum.
FA Cup: Make money.
FA Trophy: Make money.
Budgets:

Transfer: £9,220
Wage: £7,193 (currently spending £6,962)
Balance: £25,046

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2020/21 - Margate FC

Friendlies

PDEeB0x.png

Could have gone worse - we seem to have given Blackburn a good fight and we also drew to Bristol Rovers.

Transfers

GA0t3ea.png

Like I said, evolution, not revolution.

Ross Marshall - him and Connor Stevens will battle it out for the CB spot alongside Opoku.

Daniel Sparkes - experienced, but not old. I like his attribute spread.

George Brown - our new starting winger.

Kayden Williams Lowe - young, quick, and full of potential. What's not to like?

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - August 2020 - Margate FC

National League South

mrR1OOB.png

luEVeMi.png

A very promising start, hopefully our form isn't going to slump after it like last year! Fun fact #1 - all the goals we conceded were set pieces: an indirect free kick, two penalties, and three corners. Fun fact #2 - Canvey Island are managed by Leroy Lita, who, as you may remember, played for us last season.

A very good start to your 2nd season at Margate. Dan Sparkes scored a brilliant free kick for Barnet in the FA Cup a couple of weeks back, so hopefully you'll score some set pieces soon too. I also had Kayden Williams Lowe at this level for Slough, his inconsistency is very much not to like!

4 hours ago, coady said:

A very good start to your 2nd season at Margate. Dan Sparkes scored a brilliant free kick for Barnet in the FA Cup a couple of weeks back, so hopefully you'll score some set pieces soon too. I also had Kayden Williams Lowe at this level for Slough, his inconsistency is very much not to like!

I have Taylor Miles banging the free kicks in, so Sparkes has to wait for his turn. Williams Lowe has been pretty good so far, although he did give away a penalty against Eastleigh. Thanks for the comment. :thup:

4 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Canvey Island who??

Fun career to read so far.

Cheers. :thup:

fD1XyFc.png

Ryan Clark's Management Career - September 2020 - Margate FC

National League South

YjRBCX6.png

cwF3Kqy.png

A frustratingly average month where we could have picked up much more points if we had made our dominance count really. Finishing hasn't been our strongest point.

FA Cup

pMgMmc5.png

They gave us no trouble.

6 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Also, sorry for the lack of updates really, I haven't had much time to play or post. Things should speed up next week.

It's your save, you need to play it at a pace your comfortable with and enjoy, not feel forced to appeal to us the drooling masses, we will still be here when you start scoring more goals ;) 

3 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

Good to see the improvement, this time last year you were 15th with 31 points and 10 points off the playoffs

This year you have 8 more points are 3 places higher and are 6 points off the playoffs. 

keep chipping away :)

Thanks a lot, that's motivating. :thup:

Archived