Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
JD23

'Serious error'

At the start of every match the attached error occurs.. after re-starting game I can enter and play the match with no issues. Very frustrating and time consuming though, I have played through to 5th league game to see if it sorted itself.

I'm not great with tech but I believe drivers are all up to date, have ran updates to check15491935179977646261894289242154.thumb.jpg.48a0641c82cefb1192d88fbbfe0a06ea.jpg1549193567427164063214944456591.thumb.jpg.de7ab101e0097f083e540f3ff4d2c96b.jpg.

This fixed the problem for me:

• Right Click on your desktop and select 'Nvidia Control Panel'
  • Click 'Manage 3D settings'
  • Select 'Program Settings' and via the dropdown box for 'Select a program to customise' select 'Football Manager 2019'
  • Select 'Power Management Mode'
  • If the default setting is 'Optimal Power', now select 'Prefer Maximum Performance'
  • Select 'Apply'

To be honest I am terrible when it comes to tech so I haven't tried above advice or walkthroughs on the attached link but I did notice the error didn't occur playing the first match after starting up the laptop so I have just been saving the game and then loading it before each match and it hasn't occured again. Not entirely ideal but far less time consuming than getting stuck and having to force close the game and start it up again.

Although @AdamFitz it did appear to be a graphics issue with sometimes the top bar on the match screen missing so I may try your fix and see if that enables me to stop the whole save/load work around.

Thanks

Edited by JD23
New info