Ranking Levels for complex league structure

FCCK

Hi guys,

I believe I have understood a bit of the ranking levels, but the current league structure I made leaves me with no clue as of what to do.., I hope you can help me out. The file I have uploaded was done in the FM17 editor, but I guess that the ranking levels haven't really changed much since then.

A bit about the league structure, its the 3 Tier Mexican Division - Liga Premier, there are 3 groups with 16 teams each.

There is an opening stage where each team plays once against each other. Top 3 non-B teams get a place on the playoffs of each group

During the Playoffs of each group the winner classifies to the Promotion Phase. Meaning that the winner of each group goes to that stage, the winners are not considered champions of the Opening Stage

Next stage happens in the parent competition, the 3 group winners are in a 2 round league, the winner is considered the Champion of the Opening Stage and classifies to the Promotion Playoff

The Closing Stage is exactly the same, the champion will face the Opening Stage Champion to determine which team gets the promotion

Now about relegation

In the child competition (multiple competitions), there is a 4th stage at the end of the Closing Stage 1st Round (at the same time as the playoffs). The worst 2 teams classify for the relegation playoff (some B teams are blocked for relegation and are not taken in these teams)

In the playoff, the last team of group 1 plays againts the second to last of group 2 and so on. The winners of these playoffs avoid relegation and the 3 losers classify to the relegation group stage

In this stage all 3 teams play against each other twice and the worst team is relegated

All this stages and the use of 3 groups where only one team is promoted and 1 relegated  has made me wonder how to use the ranking levels. I hope you are able to help me. Thanks guys!

A2_62E2336C-2DAA-4EAB-8423-D46676DFE1F5.fmf

vor 8 Stunden schrieb FCCK:

Here is the xml file. Thanks for your help

A2.xml

It's not the answer you're hoping for, but you don't need ranking levels in a league that only serve to "sort" the eliminated teams in cup competitions, for example World Cup.

The only thing you are not allowed to do is to set "Ranking Level Info" in each stage. Put them away and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

3 minutes ago, davie77 said:

It's not the answer you're hoping for, but you don't need ranking levels in a league that only serve to "sort" the eliminated teams in cup competitions, for example World Cup.

The only thing you are not allowed to do is to set "Ranking Level Info" in each stage. Put them away and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Thanks!

If I would like to use ranking levels, the correct way of doing it is by placing it only in the opening and closing stages?

I would really like to learn as I could not find much information about it.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb FCCK:

Thanks!

If I would like to use ranking levels, the correct way of doing it is by placing it only in the opening and closing stages?

I would really like to learn as I could not find much information about it.

The Ranking Level Info may only be entered here, i.e. in the main competition, not in the stages.

4CQhLCDL.jpg

The most important thing at the ranking levels is actually that in the final the winner has a 0 and the loser a 1. Semifinal would be, only if there is no game for place 3, winner = 1, highest possible 0, worst possible 1 and loser a 2. So keep going.

1 hour ago, davie77 said:

The Ranking Level Info may only be entered here, i.e. in the main competition, not in the stages.

4CQhLCDL.jpg

The most important thing at the ranking levels is actually that in the final the winner has a 0 and the loser a 1. Semifinal would be, only if there is no game for place 3, winner = 1, highest possible 0, worst possible 1 and loser a 2. So keep going.

Im my file I have a main competition and as a separate competition the multiple competitions. I do it only in the main?

Is it the same with opening and closing stages? because for both I shall have a winner. In case of promotion, should I place 0 to a stage winner who is promoted and 1 to a stage winner that is not promoted?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb FCCK:

Im my file I have a main competition and as a separate competition the multiple competitions. I do it only in the main?

Is it the same with opening and closing stages? because for both I shall have a winner. In case of promotion, should I place 0 to a stage winner who is promoted and 1 to a stage winner that is not promoted?

I mean, you may not insert it into each stage separately but only once, outside the stages, there is also this option.

2 hours ago, davie77 said:

I mean, you may not insert it into each stage separately but only once, outside the stages, there is also this option.

I understand and I have seen the place you mean. In the "multiple competitions" I have 3 groups of 16... meaning that I would place rsnking levels for 16 teams. As only one team is relegated, I should not place the last level as the team who descends as that would mean that the last of each group is relegated (3 teams). The ranking level of relegated is placed automatically when relegated. Is that correct?

vor 32 Minuten schrieb FCCK:

I understand and I have seen the place you mean. In the "multiple competitions" I have 3 groups of 16... meaning that I would place rsnking levels for 16 teams. As only one team is relegated, I should not place the last level as the team who descends as that would mean that the last of each group is relegated (3 teams). The ranking level of relegated is placed automatically when relegated. Is that correct?

As I said before, in a normal table, raking levels are extremely unimportant, just like the pickle in Cheesburg. :D

Archived