Sports Interactive Community
ikendz

How are you supposed to have a long save with updates requiring new saves?

This is something that i have an issue with, as well.
I only play one career save, from FM to FM.
Any bugs with any league, when it comes to rules, will forever be there for me, as i'm not starting my career over again (several times).
Even though some leagues might be "broken", i just always avoid those leagues. As that is the only way i can avoid experiencing the issues.

I would love it if they would manage to update the leagues on season-change dates, whenever there has been an update to the league rules.

Ive only been testing tactics and i'm having a small save with Portsmouth since getting the game for Xmas , what is broken with the leagues , i was due to start up a European Journeyman type save and seeing this has got me worried , what is the problem ? i dont want to start it if something is broke 

Only 3 responses to this thread in one day. Well, I guess we deserve it. 

This seriously needs to be adressed. Does no one care about this game? The game is full of bugs and broken rules. I don't think there's been a league at the beginning of the game that was working properly. Seriously now, what are those freaking departments doing? 

Image result for homer brain meme

11 minutes ago, ikendz said:

Does no one care about this game?

That'll be it. I've been playing the game for twenty years because I don't care about it. Or maybe some us enjoy playing the game more than indulging entitled snowflakes. :thdn:

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

That'll be it. I've been playing the game for twenty years because I don't care about it. Or maybe some us enjoy playing the game more than indulging entitled snowflakes. :thdn:

Are you really not bothered by the fact that every single country has had their rules wrong at the beginning of the game? There are leagues that have been unplayable until January. I'm a snowflake for wanting the SI departments that are responsible for creating the leagues' rules to do their god damn job? There are things that I've reported at the beginning of december and moderators told me that it's been reviewed and that it would be fixed in an upcoming update. It's been 2 months since then. I'm a snowflake?

Wait a couple of months before you buy it then?

This isn't reddit, you can't just shout rudely on a forum and expect people to snap their fingers and do things for you.

1 minute ago, brownc46 said:

Wait a couple of months before you buy it then?

So, basically you're saying that people working at SI are incapable of delivering a working game at the release date?

Just now, brownc46 said:

Did I say that?

When was the last time you bought a game on release with 0 bugs?

the difference is that this game is only meant to last a year. The game is 4 months in and so many leagues are still broken. France had a rule that's been fixed only last week. 4 months in and we're talking about a top 4 european league. Seriously, this isn't PUBG or Fortnite. The rules are written wrong. It's not like there are bugs with the match engine or something that could possibly be equivalent to games like PUBG/Fortnite. This game relies on the text and the menu screen and the rules of the leagues.

We understand that if a league isn't completely reflective of real life in-game it can be extremely frustrating, so as soon as issues are raised to us we strive to make changes to correct them.

In some instances these changes aren't always easy to implement due to the potential of knock-ons in areas you would normally expect to be completely unrelated. In some instances the way rules are changed in real life don't actually exist in-game as they've never happened before, so new complicated code would need to be created for it. If you have any specific examples of problems please do take the time to raise them via our bugs forum so our comps and rule group team can investigate - not only do we very much appreciate it, it allows us to communicate directly with our community to figure out what may have gone wrong. 

We are of course sorry for any inconvenience caused, but we do strive to create the most accurate representation of football in-game and any inaccuracy hurts us as much as it does you. 

the games playable from the working date and most of the mistakes are sorting out with patches during the season 

i spend a lot of time on this game and rarely have any problems but if i do i understand this thing happen in a very complicated game  

i have also found the people on this forum to be very helpful and will take note of your problems but sometimes its not as easy as you think to make these changes 

1 hour ago, ikendz said:

This seriously needs to be adressed. Does no one care about this game? The game is full of bugs and broken rules. I don't think there's been a league at the beginning of the game that was working properly. Seriously now, what are those freaking departments doing?

Of course people care.

But here's the thing: I'm 7 seasons into my main save in France. This is the save I plan on investing the most time in for now, and the rule problems were never much of a hindrance to me, so why would I restart now? I'm going to run it until I'm done, then start a new long-term save when they're done patching.