Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
DocB67

FM 2019 Database size/playable leagues for a realistic, active transfer market and wonderkids to be present.

Hello. I'd like to know what would be the optimal db settings for having a realistically working and active transfer market in FM 2019. Mind you I'm playing on a pretty low end laptop ( Intel HD 5500, 4 gb ram and a 2 GHz CPU). I'm planning to start in Juventus but i also want to be able to buy/sign some of the young wonderkids like from this list for example :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-manager-2019-wonderkids-fm19-13435992

Is it better for me to run a small DB + lets say 12 playable leagues? ( Like Spain, France, Germany, Italy, UK, NL) or is it better to have fewer playable leagues but a larger DB for the wonderkids from obscure places to appear? I don't really know how this works and I haven't played FM in years. I don't want to have an exceedingly large DB, what I want is access to really good youngsters and a vibrant, competetive transfer market. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.. Cheers

22 minutes ago, DocB67 said:

Hello. I'd like to know what would be the optimal db settings for having a realistically working and active transfer market in FM 2019. Mind you I'm playing on a pretty low end laptop ( Intel HD 5500, 4 gb ram and a 2 GHz CPU). I'm planning to start in Juventus but i also want to be able to buy/sign some of the young wonderkids like from this list for example :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-manager-2019-wonderkids-fm19-13435992

Is it better for me to run a small DB + lets say 12 playable leagues? ( Like Spain, France, Germany, Italy, UK, NL) or is it better to have fewer playable leagues but a larger DB for the wonderkids from obscure places to appear? I don't really know how this works and I haven't played FM in years. I don't want to have an exceedingly large DB, what I want is access to really good youngsters and a vibrant, competetive transfer market. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.. Cheers

realistic transfer market requires many activated leagues and they add players. And because you have rather low-end laptop - the game will be quite slow. The optimal option would be to select custom setup when selecting database, select continent->europe and tick all boxes apart from players based in and players of nationality. That would be around 70k players which is enough for your laptop I guess. Or just add players from top divisions in countries you won't activate (like belgium, netherlands, portugal).

32 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

realistic transfer market requires many activated leagues and they add players. And because you have rather low-end laptop - the game will be quite slow. The optimal option would be to select custom setup when selecting database, select continent->europe and tick all boxes apart from players based in and players of nationality. That would be around 70k players which is enough for your laptop I guess. Or just add players from top divisions in countries you won't activate (like belgium, netherlands, portugal).

Thank you for that suggestion. What about the wonderkids I mentioned before from the link? Some of them are from clubs from Brazil, Argentina etc. Will they still be present if i select small DB and add players from Europe? Or do I have to add players from Brazil, Argentina as well? 

Just now, DocB67 said:

Thank you for that suggestion. What about the wonderkids I mentioned before from the link? Some of them are from clubs from Brazil, Argentina etc. Will they still be present if i select small DB and add players from Europe? Or do I have to add players from Brazil, Argentina as well?  

you can select south america (the same way as europe described above) and tick box players with national/continental reputations. If they are wonderkinds, surely they have national reputation at least.