FM19: Bienvenido to The Spanish League Thread

Constantine

@Carlf788 I ended up going with Valencia. I just couldn't resist bringing them back to their glory days!

Good first season so far and into February. 2nd in the league, 2 points behind Barcelona, into the Copa del Ray final against Barcelona and got Juventus into the Champions league.... wish me luck!

Carlos Soler and Ferran Torres have been amazing so far. Playing a 4-3-3 DM most games,  Looking towards a quiet summer with minimal transfer budget unless I move some players on... got Pelayo Morilla in as well as Alex Remiro joining on a free. Maybe Dani Parejo and Coquelin to move on to give me more than £2mil as predicted budget :rolleyes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, FMbeginner said:

@Carlf788 I ended up going with Valencia. I just couldn't resist bringing them back to their glory days!

Good first season so far and into February. 2nd in the league, 2 points behind Barcelona, into the Copa del Ray final against Barcelona and got Juventus into the Champions league.... wish me luck!

Carlos Soler and Ferran Torres have been amazing so far. Playing a 4-3-3 DM most games,  Looking towards a quiet summer with minimal transfer budget unless I move some players on... got Pelayo Morilla in as well as Alex Remiro joining on a free. Maybe Dani Parejo and Coquelin to move on to give me more than £2mil as predicted budget :rolleyes:

i like the idea of the glory days of valencia. you have a different line up to what they use irl? what your first 11?

• 2 weeks later...

@oze07 My line up varied from a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (DM) & 4-4-2. My most used tactic was 4-3-3 (DM) for the first season:

Neto

Wass     Diakhaby     Paulista     Centelles

Coquelin

Parjeo     Soler

F. Torres     Rodrigo     Guedes

Rotation players: Garay, Kondogbia, Gaya, Cheryshev, Piccini, Santi Mina. I bought Morilla & Markovic in January and they played plenty of games. Ivan Martinez was also signed and he played a few games too!

I had a great first season, finishing 2nd in the league, got to the the Quarter Finals in the Champions League and lost to Atletico Madird, and then beat them to with the Copa del Ray.

I sold in order to buy in the summer, but I still had around £15m in transfers before sales with 75% being added to the transfer budget. Alex Blesa from Levante was also signed for £2.5m and moved to the Valencia Mestella squad. I want my reserve team to be promoted this season so I can effectively "loan" out my youngsters to them for game time before being ready for the first team. I also have Trincao joining in the summer 2020 for £12mil.

League.JPG

Transfers.JPG

Edited by FMbeginner

6 hours ago, FMbeginner said:

@oze07 My line up varied from a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (DM) & 4-4-2. My most used tactic was 4-3-3 (DM) for the first season:

Neto

Wass     Diakhaby     Paulista     Centelles

Coquelin

Parjeo     Soler

F. Torres     Rodrigo     Guedes

Rotation players: Garay, Kondogbia, Gaya, Cheryshev, Piccini, Santi Mina. I bought Morilla & Markovic in January and they played plenty of games. Ivan Martinez was also signed and he played a few games too!

I had a great first season, finishing 2nd in the league, got to the the Quarter Finals in the Champions League and lost to Atletico Madird, and then beat them to with the Copa del Ray.

I sold in order to buy in the summer, but I still had around £15m in transfers before sales with 75% being added to the transfer budget. Alex Blesa from Levante was also signed for £2.5m and moved to the Valencia Mestella squad. I want my reserve team to be promoted this season so I can effectively "loan" out my youngsters to them for game time before being ready for the first team. I also have Trincao joining in the summer 2020 for £12mil.

League.JPG

Transfers.JPG

looks good mate! i quite fancy valencia now. i like to raid the south american market too.  433 looks good. what role you have for soler and rodrigo?

• 2 weeks later...

Fired up a Sevilla save a couple days ago.

Better squad than I expected, specially the defenders and the GK. However, had some issues fitting Banega (hate the dwells on ball trait) and Navas in the mix and had to sell them. Since they were the leaders of the locker room, there was a time were the dynamics were not the best.

Since I had the season starting with the SuperCup against Barcelona, I started to set up the team to concede the least possible goals while keeping the ball and try to somehow score a goal a game.

This worked out well, since I won the SuperCup and I'm currently first in La Liga.

And in January, this happened:

471a580d1a180294687db32f1639f92d.png

This is how currently setting the team up:

GK - Vaclik

RB - Mercado

CD's - Kjaer and Gnagnon

LB - Escudero

DM - Ruggiero (Gonalons)

MC's - Vazquez and Mesa (Rog and Xadas)

RM - Promes (Trincão)

LM - Sarabia (Nolito)

CF - Yedder (Fábio Silva / André Silva)

As you can see, also Munir and Carriço are missing. Munir started to complain about playing time, so he's loaned out to Everton with a buy option.

For next season:

Escudero might be leaving cause the big boys are already sniffing around, so I've already bought Moreno from Liverpool and started to adapt Wober to play there.

Kjaer and Nolito will be leaving due to the absurd amount of wages they're on.

Mercado is probably leaving too since it's the last chance to get some money for him due to his age.

Gonalons and Rog are going back to they're clubs. We need to find a DM to rotate with Ruggiero. For the MC place we already have Almendra and Almada in the U19 squad, as well as Lara (starts in Sevilla already)

André Silva also going back to Milan, Dabbur already has the transfer for Sevilla set with the new update, so no new changes there.

Of course, this is only a plan, it will always change, since I'm still only in Feb. I just like to plan a bit ahead.

Edit: And Solari is doing a great job in Real Madrid. Just sitting in 8th place for now :)

Edited by PT-KK

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

If you want a nice challenge, start with a classic team in Segunda B. Historical teams with an interesanting past, waiting for you to lead them to glory again are: Cultural Leonesa, Racing Ferrol, At Baleares, Logroñes, Burgos, Real Unión Irún, Salamanca, Castellón, Sabadell, Hércules, Cartagena, Real Murcia, Córdoba and Recreativo Huelva (oldest team in Spain).
A different interesting new team is Unionistas, which is run by fans like AFC Wimbledon or United of Manchester. Or maybe you want to make true Gerard Piqué business dreams leading Andorra to Champions League.
Segunda B is known as "el pozo" (the well) because it is easy to get relegated there but very complicated to get promoted back to Segunda. You have virtually no income and a low wage budget. Some of the clubs I mentioned have considerable debt so you will be many months in the red. Probably if you are successful through a few Copa del Rey draws the ticket money for a single cup home game against one of the Primera teams might be like the lottery and save your season economically. If you don't win your group and finish 2th-4th you will risk the success of your whole season in the promotion playoffs which can also be fun. Even if you are the champion of your group and fail your playoff opportunities, you could spend the next season in 2B.... so good luck!

Edited by noincophydr