The Charlton Athletic Thread: Season 04/05

FMaddick

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedRob:

Signing Murphy was great news

p.s. stop letting the thread die icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hard not to because I can't just talk to myself!

YES!! there is a charlton thread!!! took me long enough to find it though! icon_biggrin.gif

we better be getting beattie. he's damn good, imagine him and jeffers up front with murphy feeding in behind them. killer combo!

anyway that idiot of a southampton manager has gone so maybe we could get him. hopefully. oh and btw i am impressed by the feeling from the official match reports that lisbie actually has some ability! icon_eek.gif he's no carl leaburn i'll give him that much!!

sorry for the triple post but this is the funniest thing i have heard all week!:

Rufus: It's all holy smoke

Former Charlton defender Richard Rufus has rubbished claims that he is about join the priesthood.

Weekend reports suggested that the defender, 29, forced to retire in the summer due to a knee injury, was about to become a man of the cloth.

But the three-time Addicks player of the year - a born-again Christian - said: "I don't know where all that has come from.

"I have been doing a part-time degree in theological and biblical studies for some time - it's something that interests me - so perhaps someone has put two and two together and made five.

"It's a correspondence course and, obviously, I've got a bit more time course now but I'm not sure what I'm going to do. There are a few things in the pipeline but nothing has been finalised yet."

icon_biggrin.gif

We have been linked with Vassel, Beattie, Reid and Earnshaw all this week

Chances are if we sign anyone it will be Reid, to play on the opposite wing to Rommadahl

Seems Lisbie has took his finger out, thats down to Jeffers breathing down his neck, Bartlett is definatly the first strike striker now, with Jeffers and Lis battling to partner him, JJ must be on hiw way out

Euell has had a good start to the season, his goals will be priceless this season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard Tappenden:

My 2nd Cousin is on charltons books - Paul Burt. Turns 17 in september. One to watch out for (hopefully)

*Brimming with pride* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.cafc.co.uk/sub_Academyplayerdisplay.ink?skip=1&season=2004/2005 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so cool! I didnt know about that...

I went to the valley this evening.

Excellent performance from Charlton this evening, under pressure for the first 15 mins but then they stepped up a gear I had Jeffers to score the first goal and Charlton to win 3-1 i was a smack against the crossbar short of winning £80 icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonoJB:

Excellent performance from Charlton this evening, under pressure for the first 15 mins but then they stepped up a gear I had Jeffers to score the first goal and Charlton to win 3-1 i was a smack against the crossbar short of winning £80 icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time I've been to the Valley for ages was last night, and boy was I pleased

What you say sums it up exactly!

I thought Rommedahl was poor though, he can run but he can't do anything with it

Another striker and we'll be complete IMO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmaddick:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonoJB:

Excellent performance from Charlton this evening, under pressure for the first 15 mins but then they stepped up a gear I had Jeffers to score the first goal and Charlton to win 3-1 i was a smack against the crossbar short of winning £80 icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time I've been to the Valley for ages was last night, and boy was I pleased

What you say sums it up exactly!

I thought Rommedahl was poor though, he can run but he can't do anything with it

Another striker and we'll be complete IMO <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saviola icon_wink.gif

Rommedahl had some good dribbles, including when he could have got a penalty and Lisbie I think blocked his shot after he dribbled into the box. He is improving as he plays and should get better, gives us something we haven't had a in while.

well i think we deserve at least one mauling by man city every year

last year it was 3-0 at home this year 4-0 away. im sure we can bounce back. and give sir alan some patience when it comes to transfer window closing. im confident that he will get someone else in before tuesday midnight.

oh how about sir bobby for a coach?! that would be good though i expect now he would rather keel over and lie down for at least two years.

we need another solid centreback IMO, fish aint up to the standard anymore, and as i say this i am wearing an autographed 97-98 shirt signed by FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH himself. quality. but no, we need another solid centre back so the team can be like this:

GK: Kiely

DL: Herman

DR: Young

DC: El Kharouki (whatever his bloody name is)

DC: Nesta

ML: Rommedahl

MR: Beckham

MC: Holland

MC: Murphy

SC: Jeffers

SC: Shearer

thats a good point actually

now that bob has left newcastle, shearer is obviously unhappy so he will go to the super team and lead us to champs league glory!!!

heres hoping

Whatever happens I think that Perry should be at least getting a lookin in.

What i'd like to see at away games is Murphy moving into the centre with Holland (when he's not injured), as I think that's a much more stable 2 than Euell and Kishishev

Yeh, Euell is a bit of a problem for us.

He's been our top scorer for the last three years, and tackles well, but his first touch is disgraceful. When he plays in the centre we need a much more defense minded player alongside with him, such as Holland. This leaves Murphy out on the left as he has been in the games so far.

If we do sign Reid then it means that Euell and Murphy are going to be challenging for the centre spot, although I doubt we'll get another winger after we have been so eaily ripped apart away from hom with Rommedahl and Euell and Murphy in the same midfield.

All I know is that we need a good defender.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedRob:

Yeh, Euell is a bit of a problem for us.

He's been our top scorer for the last three years, and tackles well, but his first touch is disgraceful. When he plays in the centre we need a much more defense minded player alongside with him, such as Holland. This leaves Murphy out on the left as he has been in the games so far.

If we do sign Reid then it means that Euell and Murphy are going to be challenging for the centre spot, although I doubt we'll get another winger after we have been so eaily ripped apart away from hom with Rommedahl and Euell and Murphy in the same midfield.

All I know is that we need a good defender. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guesses for who we will sign

Guess: Bent and possibly Reid

Wants: Saviola icon_biggrin.gif, Glen Jonson on loan, and Andy Reid

We can hope

I thought we were bad, but you were awful on Saturday, really really bad at the back, our midfield ripped you to pieces and we could and should have won by alot more goals.

You need to get Mark Fish out of there, I never rated him in his Bolton days. He well and truely fell for Fowlers dummy and our 2nd goal, well lets just say it was one of them moments where you knew exactly what was going to happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

I thought we were bad, but you were awful on Saturday, really really bad at the back, our midfield ripped you to pieces and we could and should have won by alot more goals.

You need to get Mark Fish out of there, I never rated him in his Bolton days. He well and truely fell for Fowlers dummy and our 2nd goal, well lets just say it was one of them moments where you knew exactly what was going to happen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone knows FEEEEEEEESSSH has got to go, and a few are suggesting Kiely

Why he signs a new CB and never plays him seems silly

Whatever happens I think that Perry should be at least getting a lookin in.

What i'd like to see at away games is Murphy moving into the centre with Holland (when he's not injured), as I think that's a much more stable 2 than Euell and Kishishev <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I was thinking, but then we have the usual Euell problem. Murphy has actually been on the right with Rommedahl on the left, although its been moved around quite abit in the middle of the matches.

I think El Karkouri will eventually play, especially after these away performances. Fish really looks like he has got worse though. He's been captain which means he probably won't be dropped icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmaddick:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

You need to get Mark Fish out of there, I never rated him in his Bolton days. He well and truely fell for Fowlers dummy and our 2nd goal, well lets just say it was one of them moments where you knew exactly what was going to happen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone knows FEEEEEEEESSSH has got to go, and a few are suggesting Kiely

Why he signs a new CB and never plays him seems silly <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

never never never never never never never!!!!! deano is a god! he is bloody amazing! went to anfield last year and he was a genius!! also last year there was no keeper who saved more shots in the area than our very own kiely.

Yeah, I think Perry and Kakouri should be given a go, but then I don't see the team train every day so wht do i know. But it's clear the Fish/Fortune partnership isn't working.

And Kakouri scored a 35 yard free kick for Morocco icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is he actually good at free kicks or was it a fluke? I heard he is meant to be good at long shots, could he do it in the Premiership or is it because the other teams keeper was that bad? Anyone know about it?

Everyone has said Perry for Fish, maybe 100% votes like in CM are realistic icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gripper:

If Andrew Bennett is in the forum, could he please contact Gripper at SI please.

(dean@sigames.com) - thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he the researcher or something?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King Jeff:

Video highlights are going to be back on cafc.co.uk but now you have to pay for them. icon13.gif

*wonders how long it will be until I have to start paying for the audio commentary too* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats BBC so hopefully never.

• 2 weeks later...

*Another thread resurrection*

So what does everyone think of Charlton on the FM beta demo. Some strange things such as loads of players with around 4 for first touch.

Player data

Some other Charlton stuff

I know theres alot icon_biggrin.gif but some of defintly needs changing, eg Lisbie 1 of the most creative players in the league icon_rolleyes.gif Come on I need some support here to get some of these things fixed icon_smile.gif

because if it's in the Sun it must be true icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Scott shock

By CHARLIE WYETT

SCOTT PARKER is set for a sensational return to Charlton in January.

The Chelsea midfielder only left The Valley in a £10million transfer eight months ago.

But Parker’s spell at Stamford Bridge has turned into a nightmare and he is now wanted back at Charlton.

The tough-tackling star, the current PFA Young Player of the Year, has made just one appearance for Jose Mourinho — against Manchester United on the opening day of the season.

To make matters worse, he is unable even to make the bench and his value will probably have halved to £5m.

Other clubs are interested. But it is understood Parker would prefer a move back to south-east London when the transfer window opens in January.

One possible stumbling block would be reaction from the fans in the wake of his acrimonious departure to the Blues.

They were angry he did not want to remain at a club who, at the time, were gunning for their own spot in the Champions League.

Charlton’s season went cool following his move, with fans continuing to blame Parker’s exit.

The England ace also angered boss Alan Curbishley with his attitude during the on-off saga.

But the pair, who greatly respect each other, are believed to have patched up their differences.

While Parker was inspirational last season, it is clear he does not fit into Mourinho’s plans.

He has also slipped out of the England reckoning.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was only a matter of time before this rumour came back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

On a Chelsea fan forum a guy reckons he spoke to Jason Cundy, who's a youth coach here, and Cundy reckons Parker's not happy.

Take that how you want it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't imagine Parker could be happy with his role at your club. If Parker and Curbishley have patched things up it's possible he could return, but a majority of fans wouldn't exactly welcome him back with open arms.

I would carry him back, we miss him so much. But yes, an awful lot o fans simply hate him now for walking out on us when we was heading for Europe.

Yes he is the best midfielder we have had at the club

But, he treated us like dirt, and would need to offer us fans an apology before I was to have him back.

Like has been gone over many times before it was both the manner and timing in which he left that infuriated fans.

But, i'm not stupid enough to bite my nose off to spite my face, having him in the team again would be fb.

Oh and Come on ending the unbeaten run icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

I'm saying 4-0 Charlton icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Even more talk about scott returning.

Curbs has said that it's something they'd definately have to look into, holland has said the players would love it, and the official site is running a poll on whether we would accept him back. 82% have said yes from over 11,000 votes.

It's very rare for curbs to talk about potential targets, and he seems to be mentioning it in all of his interviews recently.

I'm all for it tbh icon_smile.gif

Yay, the thread was on page 1!

I would welcome him back with open arms, he's a great player and if we cold pick him up for around £5m then I'd be delighted

Like you say, it is rare for Curbishley to mention transfer targets, so read into that what you will

Would be a brilliant signing TBH

Archived