Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cothucotchy

Problem in Belgian Pro League B?

My team won phase 1 of the Belgian Pro League B. Union SG won phase 2. We met in the Championship Final and I lost on penalties. Union promoted to Pro League A. So far so good. But in the european playoff following this Union does not get to participate. Instead it is the 4:th placed team in the overall standings playing.. 

Is this as it should? The system is really confusing but it seems strange that the promoted teams season would end in March witout playing in the european playoff

E75E7840-D98A-47E2-ABC8-08FE3ED75387.png

CCE4EF3E-F221-48DD-9F17-7A7D32262794.png

FC0BDDC0-A260-476C-A1F5-780D88232262.png

6F44D416-40F0-4ABF-8006-B6B35F67ABF8.png

On 26/01/2019 at 16:34, Cothucotchy said:

My team won phase 1 of the Belgian Pro League B. Union SG won phase 2. We met in the Championship Final and I lost on penalties. Union promoted to Pro League A. So far so good. But in the european playoff following this Union does not get to participate. Instead it is the 4:th placed team in the overall standings playing.. 

Is this as it should? The system is really confusing but it seems strange that the promoted teams season would end in March witout playing in the european playoff

This is correct. Is Mechelen is champion and they reach the cup final, they won't have played a single game for two months. It's one of the many drawbacks.

Because theoretically it's possible for the second placed team to go into europe, while the first placed team 'only' gets promotion.