Where In The World is Andychar?

andychar

Introduction!

Hi I'm Andychar! You may remember me from such threads as;

Generic Journeyman Career

Something...something...something Journeyman! and

Family Kidnapped by Ninjas. Need $$$ for karate lessons.

I'm taking a break from my Pentagon Challenge, not because I'm bored but because I wanted to try something new.

I have absolutely stolen this idea from somebody else and I am not ashamed in the slightest. If anything its a tribute (not the greatest thread in the World).

Premise!

I know that my other thread is journeyman but I miss jumping around a lot more than I have been doing. I mean come on I spent 6 seasons at Pohang! So with that in mind I plan to go to many different teams in this save. What teams? Well YOU decide. 

I want everybody to give me their Favourite Team, Local Team or just give me the most random team they can think of. Using an edited database I will go to each and every one of the teams given to me.

Rules!

I will be starting with Sunday League Experience

Zero Badges 

I will wait a week or so to hopefully build up a good list of teams available (of course nobody could reply and I could end up unemployed forever).

I will start at the worst team in the list. 

I can only leave the team once I've won a trophy the board gives me expectations for.

Clubs given can be Domestic or International. 

There is no order in which I take the jobs, I can just apply for a job if they come free. 

If the team isn't playable or becomes unplayable throughout the course of the save I'll let you know and you can pick again.

You can only give me ONE team. I'll start the save in a week or so but people can add to the list once the save has started.

So basically you could be as nice or as evil as you see fit. You can put me in the English Premier League or make me be the American Samoa boss. The choice is yours.

I will start us off and give you my dad's team...Queen of the South.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Take this for a challenge: my local club, CS Balotesti in the Romanian second division (Liga II).

Perfect thank you. I’ll add it to the list. 

I asked my friends to pick a team (just in case it didn’t catch on here!). 

So far the list is;

Queen of the South

Norwich

CS Balotesti

Kashima Antlers

York

Chesterfield (with friends like that who needs enemies)

DC United

Boreham Wood

and last but not least Clydebank

At the moment it’s my life’s ambition to be Manager of...Norwich. 

3 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Club Atlético Aldosivi, of Mar del Plata, Argentina.

Very good choice. Be tricky to win something in Argentina with them. Better load the second division just in case. 

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

Almere City FC. Nobody has managed them before in a career thread except for me AFAIK.

Cool idea by the way!

Holland will be tricky! Will a playoff win count as a trophy or would I need to win the league?

I loved the idea. It wasn’t my idea, I shamelessly stole it because I thought it was brilliant. 

5 hours ago, andychar said:

Holland will be tricky! Will a playoff win count as a trophy or would I need to win the league?

I loved the idea. It wasn’t my idea, I shamelessly stole it because I thought it was brilliant. 

I'm not entirely evil so getting promoted would be enough ;)

I will say that you can and should win the Eredivisie though!

EDIT: After reading the rules I suppose you should be fine winning the cup too. Just one of the top prizes, no pressure.

4 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

I'm not entirely evil so getting promoted would be enough ;)

I will say that you can and should win the Eredivisie though!

EDIT: After reading the rules I suppose you should be fine winning the cup too. Just one of the top prizes, no pressure.

Yeah just win the cup. Easy! 

2 hours ago, GloryFan2002 said:

Have a go with my local team, Perth Glory

I have a Perth Glory shirt so suits me!

19 minutes ago, scarp said:

FC Baník Ostrava, lets go!

Never managed in the Czech Leagues before so should be good!

This is great. Keep the teams coming. I have 14 teams so far including 1 National Team. 

6 hours ago, scousevasey said:

Berwick Rangers (English team in Scotland for the quirk)

Looks like I’m going to get a good career in Scotland!

5 hours ago, Rikulec said:

How about Lech Poznań?

Never managed in Poland before so should be interesting. One of the better sides so far. 

1 hour ago, Maaka said:

Blaker IL (Norway), not my local team, but the closest one in-game (I believe).

Hammerfest (Norway), problably the northernmost team you'll find.

I’ll take your local team Blaker IL. 

I provahly should point out that I’m going to use the database @Makoto Nakamura created for his save so when I say anywhere in the World. I literally mean anywhere. 

Ok I am up to 20 teams at the moment. 10 from you guys and 10 from people I know.

These include;

4f37642c26e400d5ef3635bbcbec8045.png

I said I was going to go to the worst team and build my way up. So now the question is what's worse? The 6th Tier of Scottish Football, the 8th Tier of English Football or the 5th Tier of Norwegian football?

I am going to start the save tomorrow morning. 

If you don't give me a team before then, no worries, any leagues and teams can be added as soon as they are given.

I'm excited to start this as its filled with 19 teams I've never managed (I had one with Norwich years ago).

Keep the suggestions coming!

5 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

I would suggest looking into the database in-game and look at what competition has the lowest reputation to answer your question of where to start.

I went the long way and booted up the game and had a look at the reputations...

aa097910aed8040b914827517148804d.png

At the moment I will be starting this journey at Clydebank!

2 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Might be something just a tad off with those reps.

According to that list, the Norwegian 5th level is better than the 4th level..

Yeah I noticed that as well. There are more reserve and B teams in the 4th level. Could that have anything to do with it?

40 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

You forgot about my Romanian team mate, and if you dont hurry they will slip to 3rd division for sure and make it harder fo you, haha.

Sorry about that mate. They slipped through the cracks of my spreadsheet!

Them going down might make it easier to win the league :lol:

11 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

St Day FC from Cornwall. My dad and uncle have both played for them, and my grandad was club secretary and treasurer

They would 100% be my new starting team...

I don't suppose anybody has a link to a database which would allow me to go to Level 12 of English Football. The only I currently have only goes down to Level 10.

If not @Northernpilgrim would you be able to give me another team close to yours and your family's heart?

14 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Level 11 has been completed with Level 12 being worked on at the moment. I imagine its quite a time consuming task.

I downloaded one I found but couldn't get it to work. I didn't understand why...then I spotted it was created for FM14.

What Year is This!?

I couldn't wait any longer. I have 22 teams at the moment which I must manage at some point in my career and win something.

I have downloaded and will be using editor files created by @Makoto Nakamura and @Dan BHTFC so thanks to them. 

Thanks to @oriole01, @GloryFan2002, @scarp, @Mandy42, @Minuy600, @deltablue, @Maaka, @Rikulec, @Muttley84 and @scousevasey for taking part and giving me a team.

@Northernpilgrim I have downloaded the database down to Level 11. I will keep my eye on St Day and hope they get promotion. This has the potential of being a long save so its not impossible we will see them at some point.

If you want to give me a team I must manage at some point in this career then feel free, I will add it to the list.

The list at the moment looks like this...

b38833fb3f1a6c55daa21b6e9add9585.png

As it stands these are the only teams I can manage.

Obviously there are a lot of different countries so having everything loaded at the same time would be too much for my laptop.

This is what I'm rocking with to start the save...

03e2b2ed4db1202d0a68c84de6354fd3.png

I have also loaded all players from Botswana. I believe my Sister-In-Law has given me my hardest task in winning something with the Botswana National Team!

So after looking into it the weakest team given to me was...

175px-Clydebank_FC_crest.png

Clydebank FC have a very interesting history. As recent as 99-00 the team were in the Scottish Championship before debt really hit the club. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clydebank_F.C.

Everything can be found there and its quite an interesting read.

The current club, formed in 2003, is a member of the West Super League Premier Division.

In real life the club cannot win promotion from their current division. This isn't real life and promotion to the next tier isn't just available...its expected.

3a64cd7b7d935fbfcacb48f1401a45cf.png

ae8eeaab7dc47c42fc443b5c6fdd2f71.png

Here I am. No badges. No experience. No chance!

The squad I've inherited looks like it needs a bit of improving.

c9b4c991bb1b9a0863f4186e9e5f3a83.pnge92f4f5c6461e3c51d52da662c7150ec.png

Ok a lot of improving. Luckily I have experience in snatching the young from the family in previous saves, so I think I'll be just fine!

f9cd262838aadf1738650874acacab35.png

No cups its seems just the league. Winning the league is going to be my best and only shot of classing this side as finished. Although I think I'll struggle getting a new job straight away so I'm thinking I might be here a while.

52d540928e30d86a10928d1fad05393e.png

Before I've even done anything we are favourites. Better get cracking on with the season!

10 hours ago, andychar said:

Keep the suggestions coming!

I've got one for you.  Don't worry, it is everyone's favorite team...

Image result for millwall no one likes us

Come to think of it, that'd be a great title for a thread and the odds-on favorite for the awards in October.

8 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

I've got one for you.  Don't worry, it is everyone's favorite team...

Image result for millwall no one likes us

Come to think of it, that'd be a great title for a thread and the odds-on favorite for the awards in October.

Oh dear God what have you done?!

I will add them to the list and hope I’ll be trying to win the FA Trophy by the time I even think about taking over. 

Starting from Scratch

So the first thing I noticed when joining Clydebank was the staffing situation...

ba5c772372149d9cb6be99a6ebe389dc.png

There's just me and one coach, who happens to be my Centre Forward!

So it isn't just the squad that needs gutting and rebuilding. Yet somehow we are still favourites for the title.

84fd2a858a4f52901f76be2aa9452057.png

I will take offenders and reoffenders.

Now to do what I do best, pluck players from nothing and give them a shot at the big time.

I always start with the Media Dream XI and see who I can get from that. The idea is the more players you have in that XI the better your chances of promotion.

The good thing about this level is if you get a player and he turns out to be terrible you can get rid just as quickly as you got him. Breaking hearts and dreams in the process.

Your always looking for a good start, something to show the team is ready for anything!

2a3175c8aba80d6c1ce4e1a8e3df861e.png

Sean Higgins had a very busy day. He managed both teams and scored for the first team while I sat in a pub and got slowly drunk.

The first 3 signings were announced not long after the game...

c89047b8e8f8038a91d02ff72ac79982.png81c7a82a8dbb450e647ee37df79aa3ed.pngc8aa08960af41fc3e78295a7c0d16130.png

Honestly at this level I'm relying on the star rating. Meat Loaf would be delighted with the ratio of success.

f27d445b7ce7dd268ac6a64168d173b4.png

Its a harsh World out there.

0af75b624d7a18e70b7edcebbd9f6728.png

He will make the cut. Just.

81d4b67ae97646465148dbf9432589f0.png

Same with this fella.

We need to focus more on defence as that's where we seem to have nobody.

d8aa1584a2e2b4bbbf81e9cb1afe3a8c.png

2 great keepers at the club now.

I'll not give you every transfer otherwise could be here all day. Just the key ones!

3696842dd30d7e61f33b936d46fc7025.png

This one counts a key. A player I've actually heard of and a player with a Scotland cap!

c44bd2e27c1b9fa511b2863bea1b5a7d.png

Nice young player who will be good at this level.

abf206b5947e7de583b0eda30e94f6da.png

I wanna highlight this guy because he is the only person so far I've had to fork money out for. £500 he cost me!

So enough transfers its time to start the season. This is the squad I'm heading into the new season with.

cf16da59a0ac8007dd9ac64f8f20275e.pngbf571b073151b324b327423a3eb044c5.png

Squad is bigger and better. Still some gaps but I'm happy. We should be in for a good season.

Here We Go

I love the start of a new season. Only a 22 game league season so its important to get off to the best possible start. No cups it seems so no excuses. Clydebank is quite central so I could end up in either Highland League or Lowland League next season. 

I have subscribed to all teams give to me so even though the leagues aren't loaded up I can keep well up to date.

2f390c3576a57c7deb0188bac5fbf779.png

Erm...whoops. I may have gotten a bit carried away with the players I've brought in. I might need to address that sooner rather than later.

Its not a busy month so how about goal by goal updates? How does that sound?

4c8d6213fa9f85f2d2500d8e529661f1.png

What they said.

The second thing I've noticed is the lack of training, we are a semi professional side who only meet up once or twice a week to train. Its weird to see "Unavailable" next to training slots.

So we have brought 19 players in...lets see what they have got.

Ian Black is suspended for this game, he must have been a naughty boy at the end of last season so we will have to wait and see what the ex Scotland International can bring.

f50dd59e904d977bcc95af2b4e8b98d0.png

Kieran Dall was the last of my signings and he wastes no time getting his season going. 

1-0 at the break and its been a game low on quality, to the absolute shock of nobody.

bb3ae29407cb2718331a327d3fd9ec7c.png

Terrible start to the second half as they score without us touching the ball.

Then less than a minute later we are reduced to 10 men. This isn't the start I was hoping for!

9d4ef083991e63d2e72d281ae47141e2.png

Against the odds and the run of play to be honest we have retaken the lead. Dall with his second of the day.

04d23d779eb6f860cf417ca12b6c42e5.png

Willie Fulton off the bench gives us a cushion. We have played better with 10 men than we did with 11!

f34a51de38a4826307099323fe63eb92.png

A late penalty gives us a 4th and Dall a well deserved Hattrick..hes a midfielder.

49b3b85fa1280c8046c5f57044bf98ad.png

Considering how the game went that is a brilliant result.

So that's it for 20 days...22 games spread over a full season. This could be a tad boring!

So after 20 very uneventful days it was time for my second game. My home debut. 2 changes, Ian Black comes in and a new striker up front after his was also suspended for the season opener.

0ab3b658e243b1d3c7158c37a1c17b7b.png

Ian Black on his debut. Great stuff.

Less than 2 minutes later Ian Black on his debut. Sent off.

2 red cards in 2 games for my team. Not good. Although we played better with 10 in the last game.

1-0 at the break and we need to hold on in the second half.

With just a few minutes to go the visitors found themselves also down to 10 men. Even with an extra man we have been dominant.

ebcf48cf7e12121aa190be92569ddac3.png

Our 2nd penalty of the season secures a well deserved 3 points. Russell Reid the scorer.

More late drama as Kilwinning Rangers have a goal chalked off for offside in the 92nd minute. Its not going to be dull!

c7cde6620ae76e28d0bba447b517c41b.png

Russell Reid bags his second and add icing on the cake. A very entertaining game and last 5 minutes.

b0900b3a16d1c5a5e8b71fd8866183a4.png

So at the end of the first month the league table looks like this...

e416be1b7da7502880e6aaeb68ccfd3c.png

An early lead thanks to 2 good wins but 4 teams with 100% records.

The processing speed is a little slow but nothing too horrible at the moment, obviously the plan is to get the lower leagues out the way first so we don't have to have the league loaded for very long.

A very busy month see 2 whole games next month...

The Quest to Finish a Match with 11 Men

The title is pretty self explanatory. 2 matches 2 red cards. Its not even like we were that bad in the previous game is just Ian Black decided to absolutely murder somebody.

A staggering 21 days between game 2 and game 3. I am seriously thinking about putting an auto continue in place and just letting the month play out, lots of tapping of my space bar at the moment.

The main problem when this low is the complete lack of any contracts. Its great for snatching youngsters but it also works the other way around. Just something I need to keep an eye on.

55d382ee2907ad682d115847316f6d29.png

This is hardly surprising. I think the problem lies with the staff! I may need to get rid of a few people.

339da71ac641d7fedbe93a128d78b591.png

Again nothing surprising here.

327d0b30d2878910c143ea9cfa0ce919.png

Lads are behind me, until they don't get paid.

Nothing else of note. Lets get on with game 3.

9916d6baae34eae449e678a47b3e016e.png

A bad first half and a bad opening goal. An own goal but they all count.

Less than a minute later for the 3rd straight game we have a man sent off!

5acffdc594f1fa3fda0d9f3a3ccebaba.png

Great start to the second half. I think I might start every game with 10 men.

ce8b4e0dff2067319753c4710adea00d.png

This game isn't over yet.

87173d35ddb16418c13b5c5acf31f60d.png

Russell Reid is having a brilliant season so far. 4 goals in 3 games and the cushion returns!

298bd50b552d8780dc6cc8503ce0dadc.png

Nervy last few minutes.

0520f92cf86eed4c8516f71b1a2451ae.png

Another win but I can't carry on like this. I want to finish a game with 11 men please.

With only 7 days before the next game the games were starting to come thick and fast...

ed0a1f0f68f7e3f9b82974f570408741.png

The first time we have been behind this season. It was Arthurlie's first shot on goal.

ce8968810e962dc01c29c723b91d1e63.png

We have now had as many penalties as red cards. We have slotted home all of them. Back in the game.

811d5954ad6d18ab2a2e6e7819fee2b3.png

Not good at all. Poor defending from a corner and we will go into the half behind...but we have 11 men on the field!

a6d76b2d6a02a123f912f961d140eae7.png

We had chances in the second half but we were poor throughout.

Our first set back means after month 2 the league table looks like this...

d80cde3425d1cc071f0a5e174ae4861d.png

We are no longer top, in fact two teams are ahead of us now. Early days but we need to be better. 3 games we finished with 10 men we won. The game we didn't we lost...

Great idea for a thread from one of my favourite "artists" on this forum. Following your careers usually make me feel it's so easy to walk along the managerial life and when I enter my save getting on just another of these losing streaks - then I rather read than play :ackter:

Would like to see you take Twente Enschede to glory on your way to fame and fortune. It's the top level team nearest to my home town (with me being from Germany though - so it's a truly European thing... :D

52 minutes ago, vossmaj said:

Would like to see you take Twente Enschede to glory on your way to fame and fortune. It's the top level team nearest to my home town (with me being from Germany though - so it's a truly European thing... :D

Top level? TOP LEVEL?

1 hour ago, vossmaj said:

Great idea for a thread from one of my favourite "artists" on this forum. Following your careers usually make me feel it's so easy to walk along the managerial life and when I enter my save getting on just another of these losing streaks - then I rather read than play :ackter:

Thank you very much for the kind words. Im glad My moaning and saltiness makes you and others happy :lol:.

Another Dutch team eh. I’ll add them to the list. I’ve been Vitessen and AZ but never Twente so another new team for me!

8 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Top level? TOP LEVEL?

Oh my word does it feel so far away right now as Arthurlie easily brush me aside. 

Petition to allow me to start with 10 men instead of 11

The worst thing about this league is the gaps between the fixtures. Sometimes if your lucky its 7 but mainly its 14. Normally I don't mind it, but when you have just lost you really cant spam space bar harder and faster!

We are at home again next against Rob Roy. Harsh really 11 v 1 but I'm sure he will give us a good game.

My biggest worry at the start of this season if the fact that two teams are 100% ahead of us. I don't think its going to be the walk in the park I imagined. If worst comes to worst I'll just sign everybody I can at the top of the average rating table.

In between games it occurred to me I haven't asked to go on a coaching course yet...

31ee8e883259f17992d966d28355bff3.png

Oh come on. I'm sure I could work it around the 1 night a week we train!

We will be losing Black (luckily not that one). Scott Black who is our 2nd choice AMR but thanks to suspensions has played 3 games out of 4 with an average rating of 6.40. He will be greatly missed. That transfer goes ahead in January which means there is a transfer window which really goes against my plan of year round player stealing.

5bfda0352ee89da7c598335e46411318.png

I brought in a new guy. I assume because he was a free transfer we didn't have to wait for him. He will be straight into the first team.

So 14 days after tasting our first defeat it was time to finally get back on the horse!

830117185e10fec70a42947612e0445b.png

Great start and Russell Reid continues his fine form.

0edf4458c5dbe956df7a36e407ebd7a7.png

Another penalty and suddenly this game is looking comfortable.

996f60434670fe3d71e008241cde69e6.png

Out of absolutely nothing its game on. Seriously they haven't been a threat in the slightest.

bdddb6117b0e9601c6b800a8ea1f1b6e.png

Yet another penalty gives us back our cushion.

9cec1ebeb2b46dd8dcdc453554c34bca.png

Not only a good win but not a single yellow card! Good stuff.

The win did come at a cost however...

09ab1748da7df5f3e8b8dfd4a3933887.png

Although in all fairness that's only 2 games.

We have a gap of 7 days before the next game...I will need to make sure fatigue doesn't become an issue.

We are away to 5th so it shouldn't be straightforward.

156d70f16794c35c50566b2db14ae7ac.png

See. Not straightforward.

1-0 at the break and I'm not going to lie this feels like a slog at the moment.

601340b155a66979c1573d6bd0160082.png

We are playing shocking. Not even in it slightly.

d4d9ca777feb0c1c9f6e9581cd03299c.png

Chris Brown punches it home. We are back in the game. 

d345e96727dcb7b12946f671eb9d6751.png

It took us going 2-0 down to actually start playing. Good comeback.

f89f27cdf8fcc21ff49a1fdb28054920.png

We did well to come back but really looking at that we shouldn't have been in a position to lose the game. 

It means this...

12588313c430b5f36e12be88a0fcee64.png

We are falling further and further behind. We need to put together some wins otherwise my job could be in trouble.

And on the 13th...the month finishes.

12 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

wasn't a friday was it? you play each club 100 times though right? you still have the ability to take enough points off Arthurlie

They already beat me this season so technically the title is out of my hands. 

Archived