Steam Just activated my copy!

SPJ

how do you activate?

mine says pre loaded and not released still?

Just literaly 5 minutes ago the not released at the side of the 100% changed to Ready,i right clicked added shortcut to desktop and all is good to go just looking for the patch yet as it doesnt seem to be added to steam as yet.

forgot to add downloads a small amount of new files before it launches for the first time,oh and its patched without me doing anything version 9.1 !!!! :D:D:D:D

I can see a long night coming on,im in spain by the way dont know why this should make a difference i assumed everyone would get it at the same time naybe there staggering the release a little to protect there servers from melting?

SPJ - Where exactly are you? Gratz on getting the go ahead and all but I'd like to know where you are currently, even if only to fuel my building frustration if it turns out you are also in the UK.

I'm in the UK, bought through Steam, still saying unreleased.

However, this is earlier than SI and Sega told us anyway so anything before midnight is a bonus. Weird that some are in and some aren't, the Steam lottery that I never win :)

Don't get me wrong, I have the patience to wait until the promised release time if it comes to that but any later and I'll be severely disappointed. I've had bad pre-order experience with Steam in the past, Crysis:Warhead wasn't available in the UK a full day later than stated via Steam.

mine still says i gotta wait another day !

This can't be a server issue. Steam is there BECAUSE they can handle mass game verifications and downloads, that's what they do. I know a day is only a day, but when other people are downloading and activating theirs already it's still somewhat unfair.

I checked the steam website for details on FM09 here in the UK just now, and it still said expected time of activation to be like 1 day, x hours, but checking here on the forums SEGA stating it had indeed gone live I tried my luck on the steam program that comes with the boxed game and it works! So if anyone has got any meither with checking steams website for the release time, just try putting the key code in and see if it works..;)

Is it not the case that boxed copies can authenticate and play through Steam? Those having opted to download the game via Steam have to wait until midnight and that isnt going to change.

Some people, in other countries, may have been able to download and play via Steam but that seems very rare.

i think that it has been mentioned in one the threads that steam are only activating games at the moment so if you have got the boxed version you can play,

However, if you are getting the game directly from STEAM then you will have to wait until they go through with their scheduled (sp)realease.

hope this helps

Archived