Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

hi

i installed it on my laptop at about 12 and it was fine , it works and is playable (with patch)

Tonight i come to put on the pc , and it was taking ages to authenticate, fine i waited.... now i got it everytime i load it up it says something about fm.exe and closes .... i put the patch on and the game doesnt load up? What is going on and what should i do?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does. The Mac version does not have DRM in it, as the system used is not compatible with Macs. So no activation required.

Yep. As mac users we're really lucky in that sense.

Of course it does come with the down side of being second rate customers and less important than PC users. This means we have to wait 3 days for a patch (making the game playable) until they have finished solving PC users' problems.

But it's not like we have nothing to do in the meantime because sometimes, like this morning, someone from SI will say that the patch is imminent and is expecting it's release very soon. So that keeps most busy for the day refreshing this website before finding out about the 3 day wait at 10.15pm.

The 3 day wait by the way is because SI work on weekends when releasing demos etc but once they have taken their money off mugs like us they can sit back, relax and enjoy their weekends while spending our hard earned cash.

Cheers!

could someone perhaps give me some advice on where i could be going wrong - I bought the DVD today, popped it in, chose the activation with Steam option, steam started dowloading updates for the gasme (which took about 3 or 4 hours) and when it said that was 100% ready and I go to launch the game, it starts the whole updating process again - presumably for another three or four hours!

Forsaken Christianity, ain't letting no-one cut the lil dude so Judism isn't for me , am too loud to be a peacefull Hindu and Islam wouldn't accept me. So Football Manager is my religon, put before family friends and now a lonely girlfriend, so why oh why has the Church of SI forsaken my prayers? 7.20am this morning i've been at it and now the coffee and red bull isn't working my patience has now left me

Still that SoftAnchor problem.........i will have nightmares of this tonight

I've just got in.

Was having the trial expired and then unable to connect to internet error in SoftAnchor.

Here's what I did. Dunno if it's fluke or what but.....

Shut down steam. Navigated to my steam folder and found the steamapps folder. In that is a folder called common and in that is an FM09 folder. I clicked on the exe and it brought up the Soft(W)anchor window as usual.

Then I typed in my key in lower case. This time my firewall (COMODO) threw up a dialogue box asking me if I wanted to let FM.exe connect. I said yes (obviously) and it worked! Hallelujah!

Give this method a try and see what happens. I've been trying since 5pm so there is hope...

I'm advised the Mac patch will now be released on Monday. We didnt get signoff from QA tonight.

That's just pathetic, how come you guys can't deliver a fully playable game when you buy it in the store?

You gotta download patches and ****.

Almost every single game in the world is playable when you buy it, but oh no.. NOT FOOTBALL MANAGER AS USUAL.

i have been searching for an answer to my problem, but had no look. so,.... i get the following:

"it would appear that what you have attempted to enter is not a valid unlock key. To purchase a valid unlock key visit www.sigames.com

Error [-1003]"

anyone any ideas? i've been trying for 3 hours to no avail. i have updated with the patch, re-started my computer, tried capitals and lower case but still no luck. Any ideas??

Please Help!! :D

Hi.

-1003 is an invalid unlock key - please PM jmordetsky the key you are entering & he'll try to help you from there.

Apology at all? No.

First we pay an over the top fee for the game. Then we can't play it if we receive it before release date (not our fault). Then we find out that the bugs make the game almost unplayable. Now we have to wait three days after the release date to play the game in a 'decent' state.

Why didn't you get signoff from QA? Any reason why? Fancy letting us know, or do you just intend to give us these little snippets of information every time that helps no-one but yourself?

I'm not one for going on a rant, but this has seriously ****ed me off. I don't know about other mac users, but I certainly have lost faith in SI. How exactly would you feel if you bought something that you couldn't use for a good three days because it wasn't correctly functioning, it's the same scenario and I'm sure you'd expect some form of apology.

Any response? Doubt it.

Didn't think I'd get one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0n_Duk3

Ok, I get the trial period expired message but get the window to type in my code. So I paste my code (have also manually typed it) and then click next. I get the message 'sending activation request', it thinks about it for say 10 seconds and then I get this message:

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

I can assure you I am connected to the internet

im getting the same error aswell.

i have installed in on my laptop , when i try to install it on my computer this happens

hi

i installed it on my laptop at about 12 and it was fine , it works and is playable (with patch)

Tonight i come to put on the pc , and it was taking ages to authenticate, fine i waited.... now i got it everytime i load it up it says something about fm.exe and closes .... i put the patch on and the game doesnt load up? What is going on and what should i do?

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I think we will be in Watchdog territory if this continues over the weekend. Must be the most farsical launch in history.

Steam seemingly have 13,293 servers for other crap games with about 6 people using them. Couldn't they have directed more resource at FM09 do deal with this surprising (haha) amount of demand.

every time I download the patch it says the digital signature could not be verified!!!!!

Only now am I starting to get ANNOYED i have yet to play the game even though I have been trying since 12:30 this afternoon.

Now the patch problem .

Help please!!!!!!

Right, after reading the farce of todays problems I decided to leave the installation 'til now.

So - is it working OK now?

Also, when I load the disc up it says do I want to Install via Steam or Uniloc, which one do I choose?

No it's not. I wouldn't bother mate.

I chose Steam and its SH1TE, but no idea if Uniloc are any better.

er, mac users could play it before release date. I would imagine it is the SEGA QA who haven't signed off on it rather than SI, so SI have probably only just found out why.

er, so why haven't they told us why? Why do we have to wait longer than PC users? The PC patch passed the SEGA QA, so why didn't they get the mac one to pass aswell, what's the reason for this?

So many unanswered questions young pelican.

when i try deleting the certificate you mentioned and then try to activate it the certificate just reappears as if it was never deleted. is there anything else that can be done? ( i have the cannot connect to internet error on the softanchor page), also im using vista

I have the same problem

Can someone put on here a idiots guide to installing the game, from puting the disc into your pc to actually playing the game! Because i have been trying since midnight (23 hours and counting)

That's a good idea.

SI can we have this??

My manual has all of 2 lines devoted to installation, which consists of 'follow the simple on screen instructions'.

I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to be doing.

er, so why haven't they told us why? Why do we have to wait longer than PC users? The PC patch passed the SEGA QA, so why didn't they get the mac one to pass aswell, what's the reason for this?

So many unanswered questions young pelican.

I agree, it'd be nice for mac users to know - but you people have had the advantage of being able to play well before the game came out, it was only yesterday that people were directing their envy at mac users.

I would guess the sega mac qa department is not too large, if it is even separate...

I was getting the same stuff everyone else was getting, with the soft anchor thing telling me there was no internet connection etc. So i deleted it and installed it again. This time it doesn't even go to the soft anchor, i click football manager 2009 on steam and it says 'this game is currently unavailable. please try again another time'. I'm worried that the second time i installed it the soft anchor didnt install properly.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Hi I am STILL not able to get this damn game running!

Muzchap I never heard from you or the other guy you said would be PMing me, I emailed you a screenshot of the error page i am getting, i have run windows update, i have rebooted, i have turned off my firewall and norton, and still get the same message.

I REALLY want to play this game, can I have SOME help please???

Thank you!

:confused:

I really feel for you guys that still can't get the game to work.

I finally got it working at about 9pm tonight (12 hours of waiting), and others on another forum I was on have also had it working.

I'm on vista, and I've had the game on and off twice with no problems.

Actually, it's more than 12 hours waiting as I received the game on Wednesday!!!

I really do hope you are all sorted very soon.

I've gotta say, that steam thing is aload of crap! I hate having to have that running while I play the game. I'm convinced I'm being spied on.

If that is on next season's game, I don't want the game!

Hi.

-1003 is an invalid unlock key - please PM jmordetsky the key you are entering & he'll try to help you from there.

thanks fot that Muzchap - that's that problem sorted. now for downloading Direct X.....

my brother is having the "application failed to initialize" message when clicking the item on desktop. any suggestions on that? he's installed it twice.....

Archived