Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

Hi!

I managed to install the game on my desktop (from steam) when it was first launched, and it's still working. But now I'm trying to activate it on my laptop, and I'm having some trouble.

I get the softanchor window, but if i insert my product key it tells me that the key is already active. If I change some letters to lower case, it tells me that I have authenticated it, and I click on the OK button.

The window closes, and I click start game in steam. And the same softanchor window appears.

Any solutions?

That is my exact problem but don't have a desktop to try it on. Sent the bairn to bed in tears cos of the time. Trying to sort it before morning :confused:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like info on a Mac patch as well!!!!

One of the first things on the list of fixes is the 'sticky' ctrl-click for Mac users. No point in fixing it then only releasing a .exe file!

Please SI, just give us an ETA so we can decide to go to bed or not.

Marc not being funny but isnt it better to help people with problems instead of replying to timewasters who make sarcastic comments

true..............when will we be able to play our game give us a time region please..tonight,tommorow,never

No, we're not.

The issues today have in part been our own doing (poor font on the packaging) but there have also been some other issues at work that have been out of our control. However, we stand by the reasons behind why we went for this DRM solution and I am pretty confident if not certain that once we're out of these issues today we'll have a great system for all our customers.

Are you seriously stating that you are using DRM to add value for your customers?

If you are then you must believe the majority of your customers are morons because DRM is designed with one purpose only, which is to get as many sales as possible.

As we have witnessed today one of the effects of using DRM to protect your organisations' bottom line is to upset a proportion of your customers. Unfortunately for SI/Sega/Steam this iteration of DRM failed magnificently today and together you have greatly upset many of your valued customers.

The effects of this debacle could cost you dearly through lost sales for years to come but at least you will have those pesky pirates to use as scapegoats for your own incompetence.

I have a serious question.

OK I really want to buy this game, trust me. Money is no issue. However I am not:

a) installing steam and having to open steam just to play fm

or

b) since i doubt there is a phone number in croatia to call to activate the game via phone, make an expensive call to uk or whatever to activate a game.

so is it possible for me to just send you an email with my activation code when i buy the game, you do whatever the **** you need to do with it and mm gets to play his game, install patches and **** without any fuss?

Right, I bought the game on disc, put it into my laptop, get the SoftAnchor thing coming up saying trial period expired

Try and put the code in and register online, says it can't connect

Can't do it over the phone cos the system's ****ing hopeless

Haven't got Steam installed, do I need it? And where do I get it?

My connection's dial up speed so can't really download anything...

x

i have been searching for an answer to my problem, but had no look. so,.... i get the following:

"it would appear that what you have attempted to enter is not a valid unlock key. To purchase a valid unlock key visit www.sigames.com

Error [-1003]"

anyone any ideas? i've been trying for 3 hours to no avail. i have updated with the patch, re-started my computer, tried capitals and lower case but still no luck. Any ideas??

Please Help!! :D

i have been searching for an answer to my problem, but had no look. so,.... i get the following:

"it would appear that what you have attempted to enter is not a valid unlock key. To purchase a valid unlock key visit www.sigames.com

Error [-1003]"

anyone any ideas? i've been trying for 3 hours to no avail. i have updated with the patch, re-started my computer, tried capitals and lower case but still no luck. Any ideas??

Im exactly the same, fuming! Nobody seems to want to help out on this error!

Marc, any ideas on this. I bought from steam, authenticated (finally) through steam, updated the directx, and am still getting a windows error saying it's stopped working and windows will let me know if there is a solution, which there doesn't seem to be...

hhhhhhheeeeeelllllppppppp!!!!

thanks!

only been 12 hours, any chance somebody could shed some light on possible solutions to this problem????

my copy still can tpass the softanchor window still says cannot connect to internet... i'm working tomorow but if this ain't fixed by sunday i'll be getting a refund cus this is stupid.

I've got the same problem Rudi. The SI and Sega mods asked me to describe my problem and I posted it on page14 of this forum but have heard nothing from them since then.

HI just bought a copy from Woolworths and the keycode box is BLANK.....Is there any way of recovering a key or do i need to return it for a new copy?? Pleeeease help me!

i'd give you my key code tommy but it takes far to long to get registered. Suggest you take it back!!!

I've got the same problem Rudi. The SI and Sega mods asked me to describe my problem and I posted it on page14 of this forum but have heard nothing from them since then.

yeh i have private messaged two of the mods and heard nothing back and have had this problem since yesterday when activation began and then they say they have fixed it and surprise surpriseits too gud to be true again. had the day off today aswell and its been wasted trying to get this game to work

For anyone with the problem that the game cannot run coz it failed to set up graphic system:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

download direct x SDK from this link and it works!

hazaar!

thanks marc and sega for your help

if that works il love you forever and a day!!!

Very confused - bought my FM09 - installed it, and haven't been asked to activate it? Why is this? Got a Mac if that makes any difference?

It does. The Mac version does not have DRM in it, as the system used is not compatible with Macs. So no activation required.

I'm advised the Mac patch will now be released on Monday. We didnt get signoff from QA tonight.

Apology at all? No.

First we pay an over the top fee for the game. Then we can't play it if we receive it before release date (not our fault). Then we find out that the bugs make the game almost unplayable. Now we have to wait three days after the release date to play the game in a 'decent' state.

Why didn't you get signoff from QA? Any reason why? Fancy letting us know, or do you just intend to give us these little snippets of information every time that helps no-one but yourself?

I'm not one for going on a rant, but this has seriously ****ed me off. I don't know about other mac users, but I certainly have lost faith in SI. How exactly would you feel if you bought something that you couldn't use for a good three days because it wasn't correctly functioning, it's the same scenario and I'm sure you'd expect some form of apology.

Any response? Doubt it.

Any idea when the phone activation will be sorted? I've been trying to hours and it either rings for 2 minutes and then stops, or I get one of 3 messages basically saying the line is unavailable.

ok iv been up since 11pm yesterday, downloaded the game from steam witch cost me $52, after waiting an hour for download i hit launch got the key then hit launch again, NOTHING! after 5 hours of trying i mailed steam that was17 hours ago and no reply

i struggled down to tesco at 12 o'clock (with a broken ankle) and bought the box game witch cost me another £40 managed to get to the install and have tried every way about 5 times each thro steam it will not launch, and if i do it the other way when i go to load the game it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)" please someone help me i know im not the only one having trouble, but i think 24 hours is long enough!

Hi,

I purchased the game today, got it home and popped it in my PC. Installation went fine, installed Steam, created an account. Entering the keycode was also fine. Steam automatically downloaded the patch and updated and so on. I start up the game, am taken to the second authentication (Soft Anchor) - again key is entered, takes a while because of the huge rush, but in the end I'm in the game! Yay.

Anyway, it ends up crashing in my first match (a sound error I think it was). Wasn't a big deal, so I go to boot the game up again and I find myself suddenly stuck.

The SoftAnchor activation comes up again asking for the code, I paste it in and it tells me that my 'trial period is up' and "this unlock key is already active. to purchase, go to.."etc. So now I'm not sure what to do? It doesn't say anything about an internet connection, like most posters.

Appreciate any response / help!

Last try as there have been no replies to my previous posts

1. I uploaded game to Steam - activated on there and updated no problem - yay

2. When I launch the game I get another white window - it has Sports Interactive in the title bar

It says "your trial period has EXPIRED - Please visit http://www.sigames.com" (the link opens IE which I cannot use)

Then there are 5 boxes to put the product key into (key has been verified on the footballmanager.com site)

Then there is another link "How to find your product key" (opens in IE again but doesn't connect)

Then there is a box called Checksum - sometimes there is a value in there, sometimes not

Then there is a box with "Product activation options" - there are NO options

Underneath this are the words

PASTE

NEXT

CANCEL

I cannot click on ANYTHING to continue - I DO NOT GET A MESSAGE SAYING I CANNOT CONNECT

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem

What is wrong?

Error [-1003]"

Hi,

I purchased the game today, got it home and popped it in my PC. Installation went fine, installed Steam, created an account. Entering the keycode was also fine. Steam automatically downloaded the patch and updated and so on. I start up the game, am taken to the second authentication (Soft Anchor) - again key is entered, takes a while because of the huge rush, but in the end I'm in the game! Yay.

Anyway, it ends up crashing in my first match (a sound error I think it was). Wasn't a big deal, so I go to boot the game up again and I find myself suddenly stuck.

The SoftAnchor activation comes up again asking for the code, I paste it in and it tells me that my 'trial period is up' and "this unlock key is already active. to purchase, go to.."etc. So now I'm not sure what to do? It doesn't say anything about an internet connection, like most posters.

Appreciate any response / help!

Same boat as me aswel, their ignoring us mate i reckon. bin lookin for help for this but they dont want to know. Disgusting and embarassing, si games are a joke.

Last try as there have been no replies to my previous posts

1. I uploaded game to Steam - activated on there and updated no problem - yay

2. When I launch the game I get another white window - it has Sports Interactive in the title bar

It says "your trial period has EXPIRED - Please visit http://www.sigames.com" (the link opens IE which I cannot use)

Then there are 5 boxes to put the product key into (key has been verified on the footballmanager.com site)

Then there is another link "How to find your product key" (opens in IE again but doesn't connect)

Then there is a box called Checksum - sometimes there is a value in there, sometimes not

Then there is a box with "Product activation options" - there are NO options

Underneath this are the words

PASTE

NEXT

CANCEL

I cannot click on ANYTHING to continue - I DO NOT GET A MESSAGE SAYING I CANNOT CONNECT

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem

What is wrong?

can't help you on that one sir

all i did was click the cursor into the first box and typed away with the code on the manual, 5 figures in each box, then pressed next

worked everytime for me

Can someone explain the phone process for me please?

I've installed the game and when I click on it I get a message saying "The application failed to initialize" - which I'm presuming is because I haven't registered the game.

does anyone know the answer to this?? my brother has this problem on his game - hasn't even reached SoftAnchor Yet!!!

Archived