Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

The first post in this thread has a number of links to the patch

Thanks mate I will try and get on that as it keeps going down due to high volume.

Quite a few people are getting on now which is good.

For me im not at all mad due to the fact I got in from work unwrapped my play.com copy of fm and managed to activate straight away. Maybe i was lucky but what the hell FM is back bigger than ever :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i had the game installed with STEAM but got fed up with it saying i wasnt connected to the internet when i was.

so i removed steam and now when i put the disc back in nothing happens.

any reason why this is????

Explore the disc and look for 'Autorun.exe' :)

Well done i havent got the game yet but....

"Can i download the patch now via a mirror and then when i actually get the game activate via steam.

just so i can download the pacth now and when i get the game tomorrow i dont have to worry about downloading the patch before i start"

Yes you can

I don't really get what you mean?

I'm talking about the disgusting, foul, abuse I've been subjected to by fellow forum members because I've dared to air my grievances. Many others have encountered this form of baiting throughout the day and SI have turned a blind eye to it. As for "Forgive but never forget" I feel that's self explanatory.

It's certainly not acceptable what has happened today and I can assure you we are as irritated as some of you. That doesn't make or excuse what has happened but I hope now many of you can get activated and begin to enjoy the game.

Its all been PC today hasnt it? The release of the MAC patch has just gone over your heads? Im happy that youve solved the PC problems, but extremly angry that the MAC users ends up second in the line - getting no patch and answers what so ever, before the day almost was gone by.

Could you tell us if the patch will be worked on in the weekend, or do we have to wait until next week?

I keep getting the error "This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key visit www.sigames.com"

I have got the disc version. I was playing it then closed the game. Started it up later and this came up and havent been able to get back on since.

Please help?!??!?!?

• SI Staff
I'm talking about the disgusting, foul, abuse I've been subjected to by fellow forum members because I've dared to air my grievances. Many others have encountered this form of baiting throughout the day and SI have turned a blind eye to it. As for "Forgive but never forget" I feel that's self explanatory.

Point me at a thread where you were abused? I have the ability to deal with incidents

retrospectively. Did you report the posts at the time?

I'm sure you can appreciate our primary concern has been to get the systems up and running and now that is done we can get back to dealing with issues like this.

I am in the game.

I started a season, read the new news items 'welcome to club' 'transfer budget is...' etc.

saved the game and exited.

re-loaded the game and all the news items were there as unread.

I've played a match, saved and exited....now its time to see if it has actually saved.

got to say though, I'm not keen on that steam. It keeps popping up but i think ive sorted that out with the settings.

if the game hasn't saved correctly, I will let you know on here...

before i installed the patch it just came up with a microsoft error message, one of those 'send error report ones'

now its saying it failed to set up graphic system

You need the DirectX SDK DLL File - I'm struggling to find the link at the second - please bear with me...

• SI Staff
Its all been PC today hasnt it? The release of the MAC patch has just gone over your heads? Im happy that youve solved the PC problems, but extremly angry that the MAC users ends up second in the line - getting no patch and answers what so ever, before the day almost was gone by.

Could you tell us if the patch will be worked on in the weekend, or do we have to wait until next week?

I can tell you that the people working on the Mac issues were not involved in the forum / uniloc issues. I can tell you that at 6.30 we were having discussions about the Mac patch and what the problems were with it. I can assure you it's not gone over our heads and I'm sad that we could not get QA clearance for this to be released tonight!!

• SI Staff

I can tell you that the people working on the Mac issues were not involved in the forum / uniloc issues. I can tell you that at 6.30 we were having discussions about the Mac patch and what the problems were with it. I can assure you it's not gone over our heads and I'm sad that we could not get QA clearance for this to be released tonight!!

Iron Duke - ok can you explain exactly what you have done and what the outcome is?

Ok, I get the trial period expired message but get the window to type in my code. So I paste my code (have also manually typed it) and then click next. I get the message 'sending activation request', it thinks about it for say 10 seconds and then I get this message:

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

I can assure you I am connected to the internet:)

Well I've seemingly authenticated the game but the Steam update has been showing 2% for an hour and has already crashed once. What happens if I quit the installation now, will I have to authenticate again. I'm installing from disk by the way.

Have to say this is shambollick. Not a great way to treat customers.

i've got fm09 to work

but the patch doesn't seem to work

i have downloaded it

But when i open it and click 'update'

it comes up with 'A sharing violation occured while accessing 'C:\Program Files\SportsInteractive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe.'

Help?

i DOWNLOADED MINE OFF RAPID SHARE AND IM GETTING A DOS SCREEN JUST FLASHING SO I TAKE IT THATS CORRUPTED

Point me at a thread where you were abused? I have the ability to deal with incidents

retrospectively. Did you report the posts at the time?

I'm sure you can appreciate our primary concern has been to get the systems up and running and now that is done we can get back to dealing with issues like this.

I will dig them up. And for the record yes I did report a few posts, one which I found particulary disgusting, which insinuated that my team swept child abuse under the carpet and was run by IRA sympathisers. This said poster also had the moniker of Big Jock Knew which I find absolutely disgusting. Indeed, I highlighted this and even questioned one of your moderators about it, who from what I could see couldn't care less.

• SI Staff
Well I've seemingly authenticated the game but the Steam update has been showing 2% for an hour and has already crashed once. What happens if I quit the installation now, will I have to authenticate again. I'm installing from disk by the way.

Have to say this is shambollick. Not a great way to treat customers.

Do you honestly think we wanted this to happen? We want everyone to be able to authenticate which is why we've been working hard with Uniloc, SEGA, Steam to get things working properly.

I made a thread but got no reply so i'll just copy & paste it here. Really appreciate some help with this.

It took ages but i finally got a message saying activation successful, BUT then i messed up by thinking i was actually going to get a game of this. I installed the patch and then tried to launch the game but all i got was the box to activate it again, so i put in the key again and got a message saying the key was already in use and to visit this site to purchase one!!! Are you ****ing serious?

Now, after leaving it for a while, i'm getting a message saying 'failed to launch graphics system', even though the patch is installed.

I'm giving SI the benefit of the doubt here, i don't want to come on here shouting all this abuse, it's just hard not to be gutted though after getting in with the game at 1 o'clock and to be here now at the back of 9 without having got to play the game.

I cant beleve you guys used steam from my personal experience they are very poor.

The same happened with half life 2 on release date.

I had to wait 8 hours to install that game now i have to wait 6 hours to install football manager.

But wont be able to play it as i have to be up for work in 7 hours.

Been trying this now for 2 hours sooooooooooooooooooo ****ed off.

Thanks for the quick reply, still wondering if the patch will be worked with this weekend, or do the developers take the weekend off? It would mean alot to users if they got the answer of this question!

I still feel that i've wasted around £35 downloading the game from STEAM.

All was going well, downloaded it this morning then couldn't get the authentication code due to this and that. So after trying all day today i've finally got it to work but then no game appears can someone please give me some advice before my step son takes a knife to me ;o)

Cheers in advance

• SI Staff
I will dig them up. And for the record yes I did report a few posts, one which I found particulary disgusting, which insinuated that my team swept child abuse under the carpet and was run by IRA sympathisers. This said poster also had the moniker of Big Jock Knew which I find absolutely disgusting. Indeed, I highlighted this and even questioned one of your moderators about it, who from what I could see couldn't care less.

Well, believe me we will deal with them if they've been reported. We take a very dim view to this type of behaviour

What a victorious day for DRM. It totally managed to do what it was supposedly built to do, given what was told by a SEGA rep on these very forums:

Is this going to stop piracy?

No. We expect that eventually the game will be pirated. Unfortunately, piracy is a hard fact in our industry. What we have attempted to do here is create a system by which legal users can get the utmost flexibility to use and play the game in a fair manner. We believe that by putting the hard work into providing a generous 5 computer seat policy and the ability to administer your licenses yourself that most people will not feel the need to pirate the application or put their computers at risk by downloading copies from torrents and will purchase a legitimate copy.

So, let's see. Legitimate customers have been waiting for hours (and in some cases days) for to be able to play the game they have bought. I guess this is the flexibility part, the end user will have to be flexible with his time, if he wants to play. It is only fair as stated by SEGA. I'm sure the last highlighted part has also happened, and the thousands and thousands of users currently downloading this game (and a working patch-compatible crack) through many p2p software are simply fabrications of my mind.

So, are you gonna remove the DRM now that it has proven to be totally ineffective against piracy, which I guess should be it's main reason for its existence, as well as totally effective in preventing legitimate users from playing the game. I hope you didn't pay too much for it. That money could have been put to better use by investing it in the development of the game.

• SI Staff
Thanks for the quick reply, still wondering if the patch will be worked with this weekend, or do the developers take the weekend off? It would mean alot to users if they got the answer of this question!

I don't believe we'll have the mac patch till Monday now.

Archived